slug.com slug.com

2 0

Democracy works ???

Does democracy work ? I used to think that democracy was a terrible system,and nothing about it was successful. Until,very recently. I am Canadian,and after studying the Bill of Rights and our Constitution,i realized that the system would work,,,,if you apply the law,,,the problem i found is that our government officials have no consequences whatsoever,they steal,lie,and commit fraud and nothing ever happens,they quit high ranking jod with crazy hefty bonuses and a lifetime of income. What if we applied the law,give them the same consequences as the regular citizens. what do you guys think???Am i just kidding myself ???

Martin7777777 5 Apr 21

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Democracy only works when election of representatives is random from within the governed group (avoids intentional corruption) and the group is morally homogeneous (avoids identity corruption).

Pure democracies generally do not work. The American founders considered that a tyranny of the majority and that’s why they made the United States a constitutional republic

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32875
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.