slug.com slug.com

4 0

Is the vegan diet the best way to go, all things considered?

Does it matter? Not sure where this question should go.

2FollowHim 8 Apr 20

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

From all the scientific research I have read, the vegan diet, long-term, is extremely dangerous, especially for the brain. The longer you stay a vegan, the more likely you are to develop mental illness, suffer a reduction in cognitive skills and fall victim to chronic physical weakness. Vegetarians can ensure adequate protein and fat, if that are careful, and of course, omnivores are the healthiest, but vegans do not get enough of the essential proteins and fats to maintain their health. Veganism is linked to a belief in climate change and saving the fragile planet - all a load of unscientific garbage.

You can't realize, Kathi just how important what you wrote to me is!! A friend of a friend is a 100% vegan who is hurting the marriage with the insistence all do it!! Again, thank you .

@2FollowHim I know an ignorant, greenie mother who is bringing both her young children up on a totally vegan diet. They are now 2 and 4 years old. Both are extremely quiet, lack energy and seem to be slow in their learning. I consider it child abuse.

I eat very little meat. My husband eats a mostly meat diet he is way healthier then I am genetic plays a role yes. But I see both meat and veggies is best.

Speaking for myself, the answer is no. I like my cow and I am going to eat my cow, or pork, or chicken, or seafood.

The best thing I can say about it is that, it is a way to go.

As a species we evolved as omnivores. We have lived for times as carnivores, such as on the frozen tundras of the Arctic where plants do not grow or are sparse to say the least, and we have lived where there is lush vegetation where there is no dependency on meat for food. Limiting oneself to being totally carnivorous or totally vegetarian is not optimum for the survival of the species in my view. Optimally, as regards the survival of the species, its survival ability would be improved by being able to eat anything.

That's my take on it.

Yes, sounds wise.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32660
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.