slug.com slug.com

6 0

Do you consider yourself to be a feminist?

I was wondering how you would stand on the question of feminism.

• 2 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 16 votes
tigercake 7 Apr 18

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Feminism in America is the most useless thing to fight for. Women have more rights and very often higher wages then men. I'm speaking from experience. And the disgraceful way they present themselves??? Disgusting.

I'll take the hidden option - I'm an anti-feminist. Modern feminism is quite possibly one of the worst things to have ever happened to women, and while I'm for equality and something needs to be done, checking the actual data shows quite conclusively that it's men who are screwed over at the moment, not women for the most part. Both sides have their problems, but the problems men are facing are dramatically worse, and it's perfectly okay to hate men and act upon such in a conscious manner, which isn't something society can afford to do, nor is it ethical.

I'm someone who supports helping those who actually need help, not just tending to the one who screams and yells the loudest. The child bawling their eyes out because they got a stubbed toe comes after the one who is doing little more than whimper due to a punctured lung.

The word 'feminist' has so much baggage with it anymore. Apparently if I am against men fighting in the womens division of MMA then I am not feminist though I think that I am.

Yes, any label can tend to confusion. That one more than others.

The first 10 people who voted, you would have to vote again. I corrected some(!) of my spelling in the poll (sorry about that btw, I'm french speaking) and didn't know it would erase the results that were in so far. Learning everyday.

If you believe in equality then you are a feminist. However I strongly believe such delineation are redundant unless used in reference to countries where that gap exists. I think it's largely redundant in the UK but on third world countries is a necessity

I tripped over, If you believe in equality then you are a feminist., @Thetruepianoman.

I'm exactly opposite. Because I believe in equality, I can't be feminist, because feminism is the consideration of the experience of females. That's not always at the expense of males. But, it is sometimes at the expense of males, and that's not equality. The door to oppression is OPEN.

When people ask if I'm feminist, my answer is clearly, 'no, I believe in equality for everyone.' That closes the door to oppression based on gender.

@chuckpo Then you misunderstand the definition of feminism. Feminism is simply the movement to promote the raising of women's rights to the same standard as men have. By definition it's a tailored form of equality.

@Thetruepianoman, actually that's not correct, though I recognize that looks better on the pamphlets. Not the practical case at all. In fact, even feminist theory in counseling ignores many aspects of being male despite making some soft platitudes toward inclusivity in the research. It still ignores fundamental considerations that don't fall outside of the exclusively-female-centered-doctrine. The patriarchy is a dubious, loosely compiled weapon that doesn't look to 'raise women's rights to the standard of men.' Of course, there are different types of feminists--much to the consternation of some feminists. But, I do believe some of those fall within that category you suggest.

@chuckpo Well that's what it was created for and how it is described in the Oxford dictionary. I work on definitions not what dyed hair smelly hairy armpit women do

@chuckpo Even with that being the case it's largely redundant in my society at least (uk). We do not have a patriachy

@Thetruepianoman, I feel like we've had a misunderstanding. I'm not sure what we're doing. But, the smelly armpit thing was funny.

@chuckpo The feminist movement has been hijacked by angry women who base their argument on prejudice rather then data. These are the people you are criticising and they annoy me as Well, however if you research true feminism, it simply exists to ensure that in cultures where it is necessary, that women have the same rights as a man 🙂

@Thetruepianoman, I'm not sure that tells the whole story, but we can leave it there as far as I'm concerned. Unless you want to go all the way down the rabbit hole.

I believe all things are or should be equal, except you probably should’ve asked a woman to check your spelling.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31858
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.