slug.com slug.com

13 1

On a scale of 1 to 5, how disappointed will you be if it turns out that the Notre Dame fire wasn't caused by terrorism?

• 17 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
WilyRickWiles 8 Apr 16

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Am I the only one who noticed that those who were claiming that fire was an act of terrorism have been curiously silent on the matter for months now? How peculiar. It appears the conspiracy theorists have given up on that notion, for the time being anyway...

I would like to believe that it was just an accident and don't want to rush to judgement. But it is disturbing that the Notre Dame should just happen to catch fire right before one of the important days in the Christian Calender - Good Friday and Easter. But many Churches in Europe have been targeted and desecrated often by persons of a certain nasty antichrist religion.......

Well, considering that there have been 875 other church attacks in France (2018), it would surprise me a bit, but I would be not disappointed at all.

[thegatewaypundit.com]

it doesn't matter what they tell us it's not going to be the truth. I know i seem very cold I'm not I'm a realist. I visted many wonders in Gemany and this is a great loss to many but those it is a great loss to are you and i. Not the people who it should matter to as well, that could be responsible, and hidding the truth.

I'd be relieved. Hope France wakes up. Where's Charles Martel blood? Where's Marie LePenn?

I give it about 1 In 3 that it was terrorism, most likely 1000 yr old wood just went off during some welding or electrical work.
If it was terrorism it was very competent and their Ilk tend to not be competent.

My biggest concern when I first heard about a fire at Notre Dame was that touchdown jesus was in danger. Later I learned that it was the cathedral in france. Don't really give a shit about religion or surrender monkeys so this has literally become the most uninteresting story currently shitting up the 24 hour news cycle. Something interesting happen soon please.

I'm not interested in Frogs, Fish Eaters or church but this was (is) a symbol of Western Civilization. I'm tired of seeing our collective Western culture destroyed. No else but white Europeans could make something so impressive. Sad.

I would LOVE to be able to just blame the fickleness of fate. I am an atheist, an have no religious dog in this hunt, but the destruction of such an amazing piece of history is an immense tragedy, but to find out it was purposeful makes it much, much worse. They have declared it an accident, but the timing, recent patterns of destruction, past appeasement, and so much other information make it hard to believe at first glance. I hope it was an accident, but I don't think there will be a definitive proof found that will ever convince anyone.

I would be quite relieved to know that a beautiful historical religious institution wasn't destroyed by someone worth less than the dirt in my boots.

It is Hidden From Us...

This is an odd question. Should we be vested in a cause we may never know to be?

If it was intentional, demonstrably so, a price must be imposed. If it was an accident? If it can be shown who screwed up a price must be imposed.

What would Hitler do? Prepare them for deportation?

I do hope it was an accident but sadly to say I’m afraid it wasn’t, when you consider the chaos already happening. These people are uncivilized demons. An infestation and not sure on how to eradicate it.

Hi. To be honest, I don't feel very comfortable with the question. I think it buys into the narrative of MSM. Sorry...

What narrative is that? Are questions that fit into an MSM narrative inherently false? Why do such questions make you uncomfortable?

Because people have already started speculating, talking about conspiracies, politicizing the disaster, and so on, and I don't think this kind of question helps. I'm gonna do the right thing and wait until all the facts come out and are confirmed.

@Naomi I think that's the right instinct.

I think the word "disappoint" is troubling me; it means "fail to fulfil the hopes or expectations of". To me, it is wrong to assume that any one will be "disappointed" if the disaster wasn't caused by terrorists.

"Suppose one reads a story of filthy atrocities in the paper. Then suppose that something turns up suggesting that the story might not be quite true, or not quite so bad as it was made out. Is one's first feeling, 'Thank God, even they aren't quite so bad as that,' or is it a feeling of disappointment, and even a determination to cling to the first story for the sheer pleasure of thinking your enemies are as bad as possible? If it is the second then it is, I am afraid, the first step in a process which, if followed to the end, will make us into devils. You see, one is beginning to wish that black was a little blacker. If we give that wish its head, later on we shall wish to see grey as black, and then to see white itself as black. Finally we shall insist on seeing everything -- God and our friends and ourselves included -- as bad, and not be able to stop doing it: we shall be fixed for ever in a universe of pure hatred."
C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31207
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.