slug.com slug.com

1 8

From the brilliant mind of Thomas Sowell

iThink 9 Jan 16

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just started finding out about him a year ago. I feel cheated that I was never taught about him in college.

I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to politics, literature, etc. For many years I routinely watched shows where there were interviews and panel discussions, op-ed talks on topics of History, economics, electoral politics, literature - mostly non-fiction etc.
Fairly early in life I became familiar with names like Thomas Sowell, Malcolm Muggeridge, Milton Friedman, Clive James...the list is long. I often watched Firing Line with William F Buckley, The McLaughlin Group, and many other programs in that genre. I only have 2 years of college but I am mostly self educated due to my seemingly innate curiosity and keen interest in such topics. While most guys my age were interested in sports programming I was somewhat addicted to these "boring" programs. Not boring to me however.
On you tube there are dozens of good videos featuring interviews and lectures with Thomas Sowell and Milton Friedman - I have seen most of them at least one time each. The lectures and interviews of Milton Friedman I recommend very highly. These men are what I think of as having good common sense - they are Classic Liberals - in the true sense of the word. They possess great intelligence and tremendously well informed open mindedness.
For all of its flaws I still find you tube a tremendously helpful source when searching for the great thinkers over the last 80 or so decades.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:305446
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.