slug.com slug.com

9 1

[Poll] Why are you guys here ?is it really what you expected it to be?

I personally joined here without much expectations. I enjoyed hearing IDW core members talks and joined this place expecting discussions.

Did you walk in expecting it to be the next facebook? If so i would very much like to know in what sense? (I don't really use fb)

Did you come here for a place to voice your opinion? That is also how i see this community but with the additions that other can very well ask you why you hold such opinion and where you can possibly discuss with them about it.
For the sake that IDW.community keep the fire that started it.

What is it that you don't like about IDW.community ? Do you feel like you walked into a nazi echo-chamber?

Did some of you trip over a branch and fall into this magic hole?

For everyone on the fence of leaving hopefully you can share why.

• 6 votes
  • 16 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 12 votes
  • 4 votes
Julien974 5 Apr 12

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was never disillusioned about this being a replacement for anything. It was just another place to explore online and maybe interact with other people on issues of interest to me. It feels a bit like an echo chamber at times but you pretty much get that anywhere you go online where like minded people congregate. Not indoctrination center levels of group think but decidedly one sided. But I knew that going in and I know where the door is if it gets too uncomfortable for me. Overall I have enjoyed the place so far, got pointed in the direction of a few things and places that I might not have found out in the insular bubble of FB, and have even found a few interesting things to share in other places. Pretty much what I was expecting or looking for when I followed the link that brought me here.

No subject is taboo here. I was so sick of watching the dog piling that happens to anyone with a different view than the reactionary. Although it mostly comes from the left, some members of the right are just as bad.

I mostly came to talk about things in depth that tend to get shut down elsewhere, and I've already run into some rather nice discussions. There are some people who really are just raving lunatics and flailing about with basically tantrums and no depth to their arguments, and there are those who are highly defensive of any criticism in the slightest, but there are also a lot of people who are having great discussions as well, and to that end, I found pretty much what I expected: a mixture of different types of voices with different things they're trying to say. I'm quite content with this. I just expect it to get shut down within the next month or two somehow, like they keep trying to do with anything that tries to offer up free speech.

I'd like to see who would try to shut this place down and all the backlash it would get from the people who came up with it.

Conversations are better in IDW.

Other alternatives to fb seem like intellectual monocultures. Can't learn anything from that.

I enjoy seeing posts from other parts of the Anglosphere. It looks like we're all facing the same kinds of struggles

Mostly I stopped in to see if maybe a place existed that wasn't a shit-show. I don't do any of the "social media," except forums like these, and all of my old favorites have turned into war zones with no thoughtful conversation.

And how did it progress that way?

@Julien974 well, it didn't start with Trump stunning the left with a win, but from then discussion was reduced on all sides to criticism and "yeah, but..."

Ya know. Im not sure. JBP is a personal hero of mine amd i follow him on FB. Happened to be scrolling through while i was waiting for my welding class to start and ive just been browsing periodically throughout the day. I don't know how big it will get. But i wanted a spot where people who have known you your whole life don't scream racist at you because you think welfare is being abused in your country. Or yelling sjw ar you because you think building a wall would be a waste of money. I wanted a middle ground. A no mans land of like minded individuals who know how to (and are willing to) disagree peacfully and not race to burb bridges over political disagreements

I can understand this, opening up your new views to people you have ties with can seem scary for some reason. I believe for me it is because those views arent fully formed yet, im not sure i want them to be either

speaking (well, typing actually) for myself all selections are applicable. The thing I appreciate most about IDW is that there is no one here who will kick you off the site or suspend your privileges for saying something that does not fit a particular narrative. IDW is the closest thing I know of to a real and true open forum.

I was looking for a borader reach to help educate people on how big the the problem of human/child trafficking is and help teach them to keep their children safer and teach them there are things their children can learn at a very young age as well to help protect themselves.
8000 thousand children going missing in America a years. 1 child every 60 seconds. Only we can fight this together!

It is a rough subject but we are indeed sheltered from this kind of announcements. Simply being aware that it can happen though could help everyone.

@Julien974. thank you there are so many small thing's you can do different to help protect you and your children. It's amazing.

In short, this community rocks.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29985
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.