slug.com slug.com

6 2

What do you all think about the Assange arrest?

Did he put people's lives in danger?Or was he just releasing the truth?

Dixie 6 Apr 11

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think they brought him here to provide evidence and testify in the Barr investigations. Fingers crossed

He did what is right, and is suffering for it.

I'm really mixed in my opinion of Assange and his deeds. I'm pretty much glad he did expose the things he did. Can I really support his methods? I don't know -- haven't really followed this nor dug into the details.

I doubt his case and the present state of media and government will clarify anything for me. Just muddy the waters some more, I suspect.

I think he better be well protected or the Clinton hit team will suicide him with two shots to the back of his head to keep him from telling what he knows about them and others. and no I don't think he put anyone in danger unless you consider the truth dangerous...

Technically speaking the answer could be yes for both of your questions, however neither a yes or no would not preclude me to believe that what he did was wrong in it of itself. There are laws of course that were broken, as I understand it, however these laws arguably could be changed with a stroke of a pen. With all this said I have to agree with The_Farseer's assessment that there were going to be consequences, however we are a slave to action or inaction. Most people don't care for the truth these days, as long as it doesn't make them feel bad or interfere with their current pleasures.

But did he really break the law?He didn't hurt anyone or any property,did he?

@Dixie if memory serves me wasn't there a claim about rape, he violated bail, and has been hiding in an embassy for years. Now you do bring up good points and there is quite a bit I am glossing over, like the people he embarrassed were American leaders and they have a tendency to send people to prison at best and a early grave at worst.

I guess you have to define law then, sounds like we might draw similar lines around what the law means however how it is applied and defined around the world is another story.

You kick a Hornets nest, what do you think happens? Right or wrong, actions have consequences so act accordingly.

I don't respect Assange very much but am very grateful he kicks the hornet nests.

Ok,but right or wrong,if he didn't hurt anyone,does he deserve prison?

@Dixie Stealing a car doesn't hurt anyone either

@The_Farseer Depends on how you define hurt. If someone steals my car, I get up an hour earlier take a bus and walk a mile in whatever weather for awhile to get to work on time or I lose my job. Would that be hurt? I would say yes. While I may eventually get recompensed for the stolen car, it's unlikely I get recompensed for the extra time and effort. Or maybe, I blow my budget all to hell and sleep in and take a Uber. Would I get any recompense for getting the electricity shut off because of the temporary added expense of just getting to work? Hurt can be more than bodily harm.

@The_Farseer how can you say that,?it hurts the person it was stolen from

@Lickspittle Well then by that reasoning Assange has hurt a lot of people

@The_Farseer The case could be made.

@Lickspittle I get the impression Assange was doing it for money and fame. If true, he deserves what he gets for being such a fool

@The_Farseer If true, I would agree. I can't say I've followed it enough to have a good opinion one way or the other.

@Dixie no, not really. Hurt is when you get stabbed

@The_Farseer you can be hurt without it being physical.

@Dixie if you're soft, sure

@The_Farseer lol,ok tough guy,lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29862
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.