slug.com slug.com

3 3

Is The Atlanta Braves' "Tomahawk Chop" Racist?

guru 9 Nov 2

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sport is supposed to be a safe outlet for the instinctual competitive energies that there is no better use for in times of peace and plenty, and it is useful for maintaining fitness that is always good, but especially useful when the peace and plenty inevitably diminishes.

Celebrating a culture's embodiment of these important characteristics is by no means racist, and does not inherently reduce that culture to nothing more than those characteristics.

The idea that they are nothing but helpless victims whose culture the rest of us shouldn't celebrate is the racist idea that the left perpetrates, seeking to transform those people into precisely such victims. Such attitudes cause society to inch closer to precisely the kind of conflict in which those characteristics would be useful, so it suits the left just fine to suppress instinctual competitive energies so they will be better positioned to take control of the suppressed population when such conflict erupts.

Well said.

Only if you're a brainwashed woke.

While I cannot agree with Matt about baseball, which I love to watch, I certainly do agree with him that the Atlanta Braves fans' tomahawk chop is not racist. Those fans don't hate Native Americans any more than the Minnesota Vikings fans hate Scandivians or the Notre Dame fans hate the Irish. Good grief!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:283186
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.