slug.com slug.com

4 6

Looks like a diversity and inclusion program has gone too far to the other side.

White man fired from hospital in diversity initiative WINS $10 MILLION discrimination lawsuit

A man in the US has won a $10 million lawsuit against his former employers, who were accused of firing him for being a white man.

David Duvall, a former senior executive at a North Carolina hospital, was fired amid a reported company-wide push to ‘diversify’ top leadership positions.

He was replaced by two women; one black and one white. The resulting lawsuit claimed that the employer, Novant Health, had violated Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, which prohibits race- and gender-based discrimination in the workplace.

He argued that he was fired for no other reason than his race, and a federal jury sided with him.

Novant (the employer) argued that Duvall was fired due to “deficient performance,” and the company told that “this verdict [would] not change Novant Health’s steadfast commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity for all.”

Learn more: [on.rt.com]

Naomi 8 Oct 29

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No surprises here, after California tried to repeal their anti-discrimination law at the last election, claiming that it was because they wanted to do precisely what this employer attempted to do!

These affirmative action "initiatives" are commonly being referred to in leftist circles as "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion" (DEI). Notice that the representative for the company referred to "Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity" (DIE). Freudian slip? Veiled threat?

Dr MLK Jr's dream was that people would not be judged on the color of their skin, but, instead, on the content of their character. The left wants to judge people on the color of their skin as well as on the content of their pants.

I clicked on the smiley face as I read the last sentence of your comment. Lol

Diversity and inclusion in appearance
On the inside it is Divisiveness and intrusion. If still can’t see it. I’m so sorry you old enough to vote.

It's odd to me that they put so much focus on one's race and gender rather than one's expertise.

The sabotage of America as we knew it.

There was a hospital in south central Los Angeles MLK hospital
Because of the area they decided to hire based on skin color not experience or expertise. It went belly up because of miss management. Skin color should never be a criterion to hire by. Blindness is a bliss in Human Resources.

@Saigon2o Unprofessional

It’s good to see some pushback on the leftie agenda

Yes, it's a good news story.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:281933
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.