slug.com slug.com

2 1

The future of Nursing

toronto_Georgia 8 Oct 20

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How is their bedside manner?

Robotically pleasant I would think 🙂

Although a request outside of their lexicon may invoke a "does not compute" response. Or, in the alternative, think about paying your cable or credit card bill while dealing with a robot... similar frustrating experience I would think. There is no "all of the above" option nor would there be a response to something it does not understand (or the programmers chose not to respond to).

maybe - does she give blow jobs? LOL!! sorry couldn't resist mocking the very idea of a "robot" doing effective patient care.

The biggest problem with this is something my sister has made clear for decades now. Good nurses will actually "correct" a doctor when necessary. As nurses have extensive hands on with their patients, they will see things the doctors who may only assess reports and spend a few minutes with a patient, will not see. She worked at Sick Childrens Hospital in Toronto (world renowned) for close to 40 years and on numerous occasions had to challenge a doctor's assessment and correct treatment prescribed. That takes real courage AND extensive experience to spot when a doctor was missing important subtle clues as to a patient's true condition. Even with AI, will robots spot these complexities? Maybe yes and maybe no. Only time will tell.

@toronto_Georgia I don't foresee robotic patient care in the near future. But if it did become real you can be sure the super wealthy and powerful will not experience it. They'll still have access to the best medical care available.
Nurses do at least 75% of the patient care and it is part of their job to keep the Dr informed. I love and respect the nursing profession and I acknowledge their abilities to recognize what a patient needs before the Dr

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:278902
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.