slug.com slug.com

3 0

Psychological value of spirituality

Due to rescent developments i have wondered about the significance of spirituality in ancient religions such as egyptian, babylonian and esoteric jewish thoughts

KyleRiebe 4 Mar 29

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's all very interesting however look into this hidden society, The Jesuits. This group will scare you. YouTube has a 3 hour documentary on it if you search for it. They are controlled by the Black Pope since 1535. They have infiltrated all the secret society's such as the Illuminati, skull and bones and the freemasons. You will love the documentary. Very well made by historians. Have a great day!

Ah, a loaded question. There exists psychological research into the value of a sense of spiritual awareness. Does this prove the value of religion? No, for one must understand that spirituality and religious fever, while similar, are not the same exact concept. You might read Jonathan Haidt, The Righteous Mind. Dr Jordon Peterson also has discussed the value of spirituality, but then he does read Carl Jung. As for "scientists", there appears to be a general split in the physical science community that about half believe in spirituality and those who are atheists.

Do not wait for the outside world to find the truth. Religion has nothing to do with true spirituality.

@drptree Your reply is the assertion that spirituality and religion are mutually exclusive and such is simply not the case. Then there is the naivety of asserting a "true" spirituality versus, what, a not so true spirituality? Whether one is talking about religion or some cosmic spiritual awareness, one is talking about belief systems. For a few, their belief system may be a political system such as communism and the dictatorship ends when each worker becomes self governed by the spirit if communism. Alas, such spirituality in political systems seems to be sadly lacking but that does not stop various individuals from adopting them as their primary belief system and treat such a system as a true religion of spiritual entity. And even atheists get "religious" about their fervent belief that there is no god, Go figure. All this points to what both religion and psychology inform us, that man has a need to belief in something greater than himself. Sadly, the push by a good many individuals and organizations towards a more secular society rush many individuals into a despair of a life that lacks significant meaning. Religion, in general, attempts to explain the world at large to the individual member. Not all explanations are complete or comforting. But it is this explanation in general that provides the basis for a belief that will allow a sense of spiritual awareness, one that gives some sense of hope for the future and some sense of meaning or purpose to one's live. Else life devoid of spirituality is devoid of any meaning beyond mere existence. Note that we choose of belief system according to how completely is satisfies our needs. True, often such a system is acquire in childhood under the direction of ones parents, but as adults we decide whether to continue on in the beliefs of our parents or find our own. In any event, spirituality is always significant regardless of the times, ancient or modern. And as such, it has much to say to us if we are willing to listen.

I have not seen any evidence of sientist have any much respect for spirituality the idea of a creator, Religion, or any there of. They seem to be out to disprove such for a purpose.

But what about carl jung? And more specifically how did the the theologies practice psychology

@KyleRiebe I'm not sure as i said I'm not well studied on either. But as far as education and everyday life goes there is not much support in the science community for the other and I'm sure vise virus.

@Gerri4321 Correct, they do not mix!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25809
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.