slug.com slug.com

1 0

Time traveling Religion

What if in the future our technology becomes so advanced we discover time travel. With the invention of time travel a man goes back in time to create Christianity. Then because of that, the religion we have been worshiping has been a consequence of the future. What are your thoughts?

GabeKimbrough 3 Mar 28

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Whoever goes back and goes thru those excruciating and harrowing experiences would really be taking one for the team, wouldn't he?

Yeah you’re definitely right but think you do this and you’ve create millions of worshiper throughout centuries of time.

@GabeKimbrough Sure, but how would that benefit me personally? I'd be too dead to enjoy it. So it would be a sacrifice for what? The benefit of the faithful that I would only know about in a sense of knowing history -- right up until... I have no desire to be worshipped and I can't save anyone from their sins and starting a farce for an anonymous glory seems like no reward for the pain and agony. I think I'll let someone else take the hit.

@Lickspittle Yeah I understand where you’re coming from. That makes me think of mass shooters. We see that some do it for the attention and for the fame but they take their own lives. So in reality they never personally benefit.

@GabeKimbrough Yeah, you got one there! I guess, I lack such a mindset. LOL But they're not anonymous in their misdeeds as someone assuming the identity of Christ to their own anonmity, as the one who goes back and takes one for the team would necessarily have to be or else we might have a history of people being John-Doe-ites rather than Christians. Harry-Butts-ianity, anyone?

@GabeKimbrough Hey! I know! Let's set up a go fund me for the time when time machines are invented to promise the would be past Messiah that his family will be set for a well-to-do life in their future if he goes back and pulls it off.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25421
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.