slug.com slug.com

4 10

An Iranian immigrant and mother of three says she was silenced at a Pennsylvania school board meeting after speaking out about Critical Race Theory — and now the school board president is facing calls to resign-
[dailywire.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Aug 6

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wonder if she is a member of Moms for Liberty, or another Conservative activist / think tank group, like all the other people who went viral at school boards for criticizing CRT and getting promoted through Conservative media.

I'm surely open to the evidence of such, and while that has been the case for some of those incidents, not every individual/parent that had complained about CRT etc being pushed in public schools was connected to a rightwing fanatical group.

On a side note, perhaps it is not CRT being directly taught in public schools, but a similar agenda is surely being pushed and maybe CRT is being scapegoated. Recently I found out my old high school/school district is being sued by a couple who claimed their son was being discriminated against for resisting reading a book on white fragility, and I don't think they completely made that story up out of the blue. The blame is being put on CRT, but I suspect a related agenda and not directly CRT is being pushed in public schools these days.

She told the school board she grew up during the Iranian Revolution and witnessed her ‘motherland’ being ‘ravaged by communism,’” Fox reported. Now that's funny. Iran ravaged by communism? Truly amazing what some people will believe.

CRT isn't even Communism, nor is it being taught in schools. They are being spoon fed outage, much like the "caravans" that seemed to magically disappear after midterms and then reappear during the 2020 election.

That most likely was a reference to the Union of Iranian Communists and the Union of Communist Militants, both of which were real groups, so I think you took that comment out of context.

Truly amazing how some choose to focus on what could be considered a trivial comment(s) instead of focusing on the actual reason for that article. Then again, those on the left don't really care to give a voice to any perceived opposition to far-left agendas.

@JacksonNought "They are being spoon fed outage..."
Perhaps, but perhaps all it takes for outrage is to hear the latest CRT nonsense. It is actually possible for someone to think for themselves and come to the conclusion that CRT is toxic.

@SpikeTalon You've got to be kidding! The Union of Iranian Communists is a relatively minor group mostly operating outside of Iran. This union was mostly operated in student movements abroad. These groups exist in most countries and did participate in worker movements within Iran, but to say that the motherland is being ravaged by communism is absurd. The woman is clearly certifiable.

I always seem to take things out of context, miss the point, or focus on irrelevant aspects of your posts. Must be a disease.

[en.wikipedia.org]

@SpikeTalon, @Hamulus If it is true that CRT is nonsense and it is actually possible for someone to think for themselves, then why the censorship of CTR? If CTR is BS, then people will clearly recognize this and it will collapse under the weight of it's own contradictions. But I think that's what @Hamulus is saying.

rofl I love stories like this. The leftists seem to have no idea how logically inconsistent their views are until it bites them in the arse and they realize there is no escape. She's a brown minority so her views are sacrosanct... but she's undermining the ideology... but the ideology says she's right because she's oppressed... but she says the ideology is wrong... but the ideology is right and never to be questioned... but she's questioning it...

Fantastic.
But the pressure needs to be maintained relentlessly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:253192
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.