slug.com slug.com

2 2

Very interesting back story on two beloved tv series
[metv.com]

TheHerrDark 7 July 31

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In computer science there is a saying, "Don't reinvent the wheel." I hold nothing against Landon and Rose for repurposing music from an earlier series.

He is not the first, see if you can guess which part of this classical piece was a part of which tv theme song.

@TheHerrDark It has been so long since I'd seen the show that I can't even remember the name of it. But there are three passages in that piece that sound like television themes. It was a habit among the score writers to shamelessly plagiarize classical composers. Mozart, Bach, Tchikovsky and many others were never given credit for the music that was used and which they had written centuries earlier.

@FuzzyMarineVet That is the law of copyright, and if it falls in the public domain, anyone can do whatever they want with it.

MeTV is probably my favorite channel, and Bonanza one of my favorite shows on MeTV, along with Gunsmoke. Saturday nights on MeTV is fun, the Svengoolie show is good. Aside from that don't watch television much anymore, too many stupid or boring shows on these days.

Antenna TV used to be as good as METV today. I don't know where that cable channel went wrong, but it's not doing as well now.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:251522
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.