slug.com slug.com

4 3

Why an Obsession with Safety creates Sick Minds and a Sick Society

toronto_Georgia 8 July 27

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

[educatedclimber.com] This article was written for arborists, but it still offers some really good perspective about risk level. If you try to eliminate all risk you won’t accomplish anything. The trick is to find a risk level that’s acceptable to you.

Thank you for the posting of that channel.

I'll be busy & its all your fault 😉

From Wikipedia:

Hurricane Rita was the most intense tropical cyclone on record in the Gulf of Mexico and the fourth-most intense Atlantic hurricane ever recorded. Part of the record-breaking 2005 Atlantic hurricane season, which included three of the top ten most intense Atlantic hurricanes ever recorded

Total actual deaths recorded .... 120

I think we all remember that one. That was 15 years ago and I personally have noticed a distinct crescendo in FB messaging of "be safe" since that event. Each successive year that mantra has grown noticeably in use. MSM daily incorporates that dogma to the extent that even the stock market looks like is suffers from palsy. Fait a compli ... even the slightest mention of something negative and the mice across the country go scurrying to their tunnels. The C-19 flu, its variants and the insane vaccine push also profits greatly on an easily triggered hysterical populace.

I lived in Rockledge Florida 2004-2005 and moved to Arkansas summer 2005, and we had to hunker down from Katrina up here. We felt like the hurricanes had followed us. Lots of people opened up their homes to help others out, and the horror stories that developed from that helping others in need and the abuse of that kindness, just sickening. No telling how many walked into traps of predators either.

@Weltansicht I had never heard about that abuse until now. Saddens the soul to understand how much goodness has been lost in our society. Makes you wonder when exactly that rot set in and why.

@toronto_Georgia I am not sure how wide spread it was, or if it was localized areas, but in Springfield Missouri they took in a lot, and getting them out after they wore out their welcome was a real issue, you could not even legally evict them since you invited them in. Also took years to get rid of the displaced residents from the FEMA camp trailers here in Arkansas, free rent free food free everything with no responsibility [bolivarmonews.com]

@Weltansicht So anyone who contacted "openyourhome.com" was pouched according to this statement;

"*The Web site openyourhome.com is not affiliated with nor endorsed by the American Red Cross, according to a statement released by the agency. The Red Cross is providing shelter for victims using guidelines issued by FEMA and the National American Red Cross."

Those who give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty or Safety". Benjamin Franklin

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:250019
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.