slug.com slug.com

58 6

Reparations for slavery

I'm curious what folks think about the Dem presidential candidates talking about the government paying reparations to, I assume, blacks in the US for slavery in our past. Is it just a ploy to reel back in black voters who are in Blexit mode? Why do none of them address modern-day slavery which exists in astonishing numbers worldwide, including in the US?

SJJensen 4 Mar 24

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

58 comments (51 - 58)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Reparations to descendants of slavery and Jim Crow from the GOP before the 2020 elections would take black vote from the Democrat Plantation. Be smart. The Neo Nazis support reparations to blacks instead billions and trillions to Israel. Democrats never supported reparations because white , Asia , Muslim , Latino Democrats are racists in stealth against the black skin and red skin! Too dark! The GOP need to support HR Bill 40 and study reparations before the DNC racists in stealth .

Unless Democrats have 40 acres of land and a muie for me they can step off ...
Reparations are a pathetic attempt to buy votes from blacks. I was never a slave ...not even to the Democrat Plantation. And how are these " reparations " to be determined ? Does everyone in America get a DNA test ? Do they use the " paper bag test " Is anyone foolish enough to actually think this is real ? How much would that add to a 23 trillion National debt ? And lastly ...How much would I get ? $50 ? And is that taxable? Democrats are losing black support in droves and will do anything or say anything to keep the black vote.
Like Democrats .... Reparations are for chumps.
IMHO .....

The thing is if you pay retribution now long after the fact the following generations will demand the same and it will never end.

If someone brings up reparation I go on the offensive and demand a refund and state they have been over reparated already. look at the technology they have access to to improve their lives, Black America is the 11th most wealthy nation because of the inventions of their slavers. The difference in wealth, quality of life from an African tribe to the African American is reparations.

Some of my ancestors were Greek. The Romans owe me, damnit!

What ethnicity have never been enslaved, or have never enslaved others? We would all have to pay reparations to each other. How do you quantify and monetize slaver?

Slavery is bad. Let’s all fight it. That, we owe to each other.

US blacks would still be slaves if the US Constitution hadn’t worked as the Framer’s intended. Abolition was achieved. We have to deduct that value from reparations payments, it’s only fair.

Réparation is a mental trap of Victimhood. Trying to tap into victimhood to gain political support is a awful way to win a election. There is nothing to gain from it as a society. If one identifies with being a victim it almost guarantees he will become one.

Chicago introduced recreational marijuana Jan 1, 2020. They plan to expunge 770,000 drug related convictions (recently expunged 11,000). They plan to make sure that former drug dealers - those who were ‘victims’ of wrongful convictions of drug crimes can legally profit first. This is not only decriminalizing crime, but legalizing it as a form of reparations.

[chicagotribune.com]

#1619 #2019

The only candidate on the Dem debate stage in 2019 who owned slaves was Kamala Harris and her ancestors owned white Irish slaves so I am all for reparations. Let me know where I can collect my check.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24462
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.