slug.com slug.com

1 1

LINK Home Office cites Bible to deny asylum | News | The Times

The Home Office refused asylum to an Iranian who converted from Islam to Christianity because, it said, Christianity was not a peaceful religion.

Immigration officials wrote to the man, who had converted to Christianity on the ground that it was a peaceful religion, citing violent passages from the Bible to support their claim. They said that the Book of Revelation was “filled with imagery of revenge, destruction, death and violence”.

VonO 7 Mar 22

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, I couldn't read the whole article, but from the part presented, it seems that the Home Office might have someone with an axe to grind. Jesus said I know you guys are easily distracted so let me make this simple for you (so maybe he didn't say that exactly): "Love the Lord your God... Love your neighbor as yourself". That's it. That seems pretty asylum worthy to me.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24134
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.