slug.com slug.com

6 3

LINK Report: Responding To Christchurch Massacre, New Zealand Bookstore Chain Bans Jordan Peterson's '12 Rules For Life' | Daily Wire

"Unfortunately 12 Rules for Life is currently unavailable, which is a decision that Whitcoulls has made in light of some extremely disturbing material being circulated prior, during and after the Christchurch attacks. As a business which takes our responsibilities to our communities very seriously, we believe it would be wrong to support the author at this time. Apologies that we're not able to sell it to you, but we appreciate your understanding."

VonO 7 Mar 21

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I used to feel guilty that I buy so many books from thebookdepository, thanks to whitcoulls I don't feel guilty anymore. JP must have thousands of such photos taken after his events. he warned us that the SJW indoctrination in the universities matters because those students grow up to become leaders, executives, and teachers, as well, apparently, as book sales gatekeepers

Whitcoulls sells mein kampf
Irrelevant fuckwits

You are kidding me? Whitcouls pulls 12 rules for life? A life affirming encouraging book if I ever read one but sells Mein Kampf? I’m never buying anything any more in that store!!!

We live in such precarious times my fiends. We are constantly told by the same regressive left not to blame all Muslims for the actions of a few terrorists and yet they go and pull this bullshit. I don't even know what else to say anymore...

Have had New Zealand at top of my bucket list for years, guess I have to set my sights elsewhere. How on earth, can they equate Jordan Peterson as having anything to do with the radicaliast manifesto. Flawed and contradictary according to many reports, with strong ties to Turkey. The news media are quick to say, its a white supremacists agenda, so why will they not publish it? Anyone manage to download one, before the media blackout, or know where it can be found?

I think we should not over react. New Zealand is a breathtakingly beautiful country with beautiful people. Just look at the reaction from the whole country to what happened in Chch. I think in as sofar identity politics thinking has taken hold we can’t map the decision of in bookstore chain into the psyche of a whole country. NZ is one a the very few countries in the world that’s stands up and doesn’t want to partner the USA in military and Nuclear testing for instance. I’m not a kiwi but I remember how NZ gave shelter to the Rainbow warrior. We have a mind of our own down here. And if Whitcouls pulls that book Bacause of one fotograph which nobody understands the circumstance if they are nitwits. If they had read the book they would know that JBP doesn’t stand for any kind of phobia. He’s a psychologist. He cures people of phobia!! . I think he just embraces the person. NOT the T shirt. And there are LOTS of Islamophobes who don’t commit mass murder. None of this could have been predicted. If Whitcouls doesn’t see that and one dimensionally connect the book to this picture they are very un intelligent bookstore keepers and I propose a ban on them. Not on the book

EWWWW, book banning. this is even worse than gun bans.----that book never hurt anyone.

Its the precursor to what is coming, guns are next. And to quote the title from a favorite book k, Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes.

Agreed

Because it is a horrible thing for a person to take responsibility for themselves and for their actions. Cleaning ones room, petting cats, riding skateboards and being honest certainly are very dangerous activities

Isn't that exactly what is politically and socially under attack here, personal responsibility! JP a man for our times, may he never falter.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23869
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.