slug.com slug.com

2 3

Why can't you leave others alone?

This is my question to anyone who aspires to power. Why can you not simply live and let live? Why must you interfere with other's lives, choices, good and bad decisions, etc.? Explain this to me.

Mindmuser 4 June 16

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

For some reason your post made me think of this quote from Willy Shakes...

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

William Shakespeare"

I always translated it as: Small men hunger for power and some men achieve power but great men have power thrust upon them.

People who aspire to abuse power over others are afflicted with a combination of extreme hubris and megalomania. Combined, these create a narcissistic personality. They can only affirm their selfhood and worth by lording over other people. They cannot manage their own lives so dictate to others how to manage their's. It is a sickness, and we need to acknowledge that and give them treatment.

@TheMiddleWay can you list a few examples of how Trump abused his power and then compare that with other politicians like say...Bill and Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, GW Bush, Loretta Lynch, Jerry Nadler, Harry Reid, Andrew Cuomo, Bill de Blasio...

@TheMiddleWay yeah, right

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:235881
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.