slug.com slug.com

1 2

G7 summit: A tale of 'liberal democracies' versus 'autocracies'

guru 9 June 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Frankly, I am glad that Scott Morrison has been taking the lead on this important international issue. I'm saddened that he doesn't have the kind of ally he once had in Donald Trump on the China issue. Hopefully in 2024 that will change, and we will have a U.S. president that seeks lots of one-on-one conversations with him and that the two of them can pressure other countries to do the right thing. Will Scott Morrison still be around then? I'm not sure how things work in Australia.

The Prime Minister is chosen by a vote of the members of the government. The Prime Minister can keep their job as long as they are a member of parliament and have the support of the government.
Australia has no maximum period of service for a Prime Minister, unlike countries such as the United States, where the President can only serve for two 4-year terms.
General elections are held every three years to elect 151 members of the House of Representatives and 40 senators (half of the 72 state senators plus the four senators representing the two territories). The Constitution sets out the essential rules for calling general elections.

@guru Thanks for the lesson. I'm still learning about Australian politics, and I am enjoying it. 🙂

@KeithThroop I had to look it up and I live here.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:235039
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.