slug.com slug.com

12 3

Why do we continue to put up with all the robocalls from telemarketers?

I received another robo call from what appeared to be a local number... it was not... it was Racheal the robot calling on behalf of card member services... we know this is a US based company, and they are scamming... so why is it so hard to shut them down? Our government is always looking for ways to restrict our freedoms... how about they take a little time and stop what everyone agrees is the reason we created that no call list I have been on for over ten years.... to stop unwanted calls... and criminals..

Toto 5 Mar 18

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And they continue... I try to not answer... I get 3 or 4 in a row... all local.. and I assume from the same robo call... I have tried answering... not answering... blocking... but they keep coming back..... the worst part?... do these people really believe I am going to buy anything from them when they have to tell a lie to get me to answer the phone???????

I inquired a month ago about insurance

Gave them my phone number after they had asked me how I wanted the info (email)

Since then I've been getting 2-5 calls a day. I just don't answer when the number isn't in my contacts. If they really want to contact me they can leave a voicemail.

It's a simple but effective way that I started doing when phones first got caller ID

However, sometimes you get a partial Robocall message because the robocall computer (or whatsit) because they can't tell the difference between voicemail and a live person

Source:

Bad habit that works well for me

Because secretly we hope those highschool sweethearts may be on the other side of the call!
{[8?)>~
Or maybe to drive us aqay from verbal conversations over the phone because it uses a factor of daya more than text when "They" are storing all of the communications occuring. And would like to funnel the search engines because compiters are too stupid to understand you unless frequently exposed.

The ones that really tick me off are the voice messages I get without my phone ever ringing. They completely bypass calling my phone and access my voicemail directly somehow. They don't even show up on my call log.

I don't know that I have ever had one not show up on my call log... I hope they don't all learn that trick...lol

There’s an app called robokiller that for like $2/month (maybe less can’t remember ????) will stop them (or significantly reduce the number of calls you receive). I went from 14 robo calls per day to 1 every other day (some robo numbers aren’t in the apps database to prevent). It has a feature that will keep the robot on the phone for several seconds/minute so the robot is tied up and cannot call other people, thus reducing other people’s number of calls.

Unfortunately the app can’t be used on a landline... I don’t think

I tried an app from Samsung... it appeared to work ok... until the robo calls started to mis identify as numbers I would typically accept... It ended up blocking calls coming in from my triage center....

Someone needs to invent robosecretaries to screen all call before the phone even rings.

@militantMom only if I know the name on caller ID.

@Andy but what do you do if you are running a business... or are getting calls from folks besides those on your call list?...

@Toto that’s not a problem I have.

One option: if enough people set up answering robots, they will raise the cost for telemarketers.

I will point out in the video, he added an "answering machine" which said "Press 1 and you'll be added to my list of trusted numbers".

After he did this, friends and serious callers could still get through, but no telemarketers ever got through. The telemarketing computers just assumed it was an answering machine and gave up.

If someone made a phone app for this I'd add it to my phone.

Protip; leave the phone call open, mute it, and use your phone like normal, or if it’s a home phone, walk away. They aren’t allowed to hang up for a given amount of time, and after the company sees that you made the caller wait the max a few times with no conversation they stop calling.

I would really like someone to explain why it is that we can know they are doing illegal activity... and yet they continue...

They are,annoying . I just put the number on Auto Reject .

same here... but they have started to use local number blocks in the last year or so... and mine is a business phone... so I can not outright reject the call without checking it first...

I get more robo calls per day on my cell than I get legitimate calls. Meanwhile I have registered with the do not call registry.

I received four robo calls today alone. A big problem robo calls are.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23324
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.