slug.com slug.com

35 5

LINK Thoughts on the Aussie kid who egged the politician and got punched?

The left is in love with this kid who committed a crime (battery) on an unsuspecting politician. They truly do believe that they can physically attack you if they don’t like what you say. Meanwhile they hated on the Covington kid who smirked nervously while being harassed. Thoughts?

Clammypollack 7 Mar 18

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

35 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I learned at a young age -- do NOT come up behind people and surprise them. My uncle was a wounded vet from WWII. I relearned that lesson when I married a Vietnam War vet. Try smaking an egg on the head of a soldier that has been in combat or a law enforcement office. You may just get bidy slammed, or worse. Our youth need to learn some of these lessins of life if they are going to survive.

The regressive, virtue-signaling leftists sincerely believe that violence and rudeness are honorable when dealing with those who oppose their group identity philosophy.

Slapping an egg onto soneone's head, senator or no, is assault. The kid should be prosecuted for that. As for the senator's hitting the kid, I'd say he had it coming. It's valuable to know that there are consequences for one's actions. It would seem to me that that kid was unaware that there might be consequences for what he did; he just stood there with his phone making a video like it wasn't real. Kids of my generation would have had the good sense to make a quick getaway after slapping an egg onto the head of a public official--even a low-level one. What I fear is that this kid will be made a hero by the hard of thinking.

The politician is entitled to free speech, hateful or not, but that kid premeditated the egg thing unless he just walks around carrying raw eggs for grins. Someone was going to get egged that day. The politician will be held accountable by his constituents, but the kid needs to be held accountable by the justice system.

The kid hit him. He hit the kid back. No opportunity to check an ID for age. Should be the end of the story...but it’s not, is it

No, it’s not because the left feels it must demonize this man so they condone the criminal behavior of the kid.

I believe the kid needs charged as he committed a crime. Their are better ways to get his message out than attacking someone for their point of view

Totally agreed. The man had no idea who hit him, what hit him or if the person was armed. He had every right to neutralize the threat. The fact that the left is celebrating this kid is despicable and will promote such criminal activity in the future

Seems to me, that the kid got off easy. People who do this sort of thing - assault, banking on the civility & restraint of their victims - they need to be disabused of notion they can do this with impunity.

The politician was in the process of egging himself with his ignorant statements then the kid gave him an out. Free speech people. Do not elevate. Now we're talking about the kid egging him instead of the ignorant comments the politician made.

And now The left is congratulating this kid and collecting money for him. It does not bode well for peaceful civil discourse.

If I had done what this kid did, my father would have knocked me senseless.

Feel bad for you. If my kid did that, I would be so proud!

if ya kid did it to me he d be dead

@newcip11 and what if the little thug disagreed with you and thought you approved of his behavior.

@newcip11 So, admittedly you are condoning the downfall of our society. Violence before dialogue. The kid got what he deserved. You sound like a REAL man there bud.

I would have smacked him alot harder

If your actions result in someone kicking your butt then either toughen up and learn how to defend yourself, stop being an ahole or learn how to communicate your opinions without violence. Violent actions are the last resort of those that can't defend or won't accept alternative opinions.

At no point is hitting someone with an egg in any way an appropriate way to voice your objections. If you have a point of view, say it out loud, make valid points and observations. The fact that you’re throwing an egg just means you’re an inarticulate fool.
The fact that this kid is being hailed a hero and the Covington kid had to go through hell is evidence of the progressive left’s utter unprincipled mindset.

Great point about the disparity of media treatment regarding the kid who egged, versus the Covington kid.

Do you think if the Covington kid had egged the elderly Native American who was harassing him, he might have received better treatment from the media?

They likely would have burned him at the stake.

Its funny how a man threw a egg at a left wing Prime Minister (and missed ) and was fined $1200 and yet the left love Eggboy ...Total double standards from the left ...yet again

My thought is that he is a twerp who was obviously surprised when there was a consequence worse than someone shaking a finger at him or, worse, someone asking what happened to this poor kid to make him do this and pleading to get him "help".

If my son had behaved in this way - I would be so ashamed of him!

The Covington kid did right. He held his tongue. I hope he gets a lot of money for so much humliation.

Kid wants to be famous?
Should have smacked him twice

GK Chesterton on eggs in politics:

There is a popular philosophical joke intended to typify the endless and useless arguments of philosophers; I mean the joke about which came first, the chicken or the egg? I am not sure that properly understood, it is so futile an inquiry after all. I am not concerned here to enter on those deep metaphysical and theological differences of which the chicken and egg debate is a frivolous, but a very felicitous, type. The evolutionary materialists are appropriately enough represented in the vision of all things coming from an egg, a dim and monstrous oval germ that had laid itself by accident. That other supernatural school of thought (to which I personally adhere) would be not unworthily typified in the fancy that this round world of ours is but an egg brooded upon by a sacred unbegotten bird; the mystic dove of the prophets. But it is to much humbler functions that I here call the awful power of such a distinction. Whether or no the living bird is at the beginning of our mental chain, it is absolutely necessary that it should be at the end of our mental chain. The bird is the thing to be aimed at—not with a gun, but a life-bestowing wand. What is essential to our right thinking is this: that the egg and the bird must not be thought of as equal cosmic occurrences recurring alternatively forever. They must not become a mere egg and bird pattern, like the egg and dart pattern. One is a means and the other an end; they are in different mental worlds. Leaving the complications of the human breakfast-table out of account, in an elemental sense, the egg only exists to produce the chicken. But the chicken does not exist only in order to produce another egg. He may also exist to amuse himself, to praise God, and even to suggest ideas to a French dramatist. Being a conscious life, he is, or may be, valuable in himself. Now our modern politics are full of a noisy forgetfulness; forgetfulness that the production of this happy and conscious life is after all the aim of all complexities and compromises. We talk of nothing but useful men and working institutions; that is, we only think of the chickens as things that will lay more eggs. Instead of seeking to breed our ideal bird, the eagle of Zeus or the Swan of Avon, or whatever we happen to want, we talk entirely in terms of the process and the embryo. The process itself, divorced from its divine object, becomes doubtful and even morbid; poison enters the embryo of everything; and our politics are rotten eggs.
Idealism is only considering everything in its practical essence. Idealism only means that we should consider a poker in reference to poking before we discuss its suitability for wife-beating; that we should ask if an egg is good enough for practical poultry-rearing before we decide that the egg is bad enough for practical politics.

Very rambly: Classic GKC.

My thoughts are...I really don't care about the left's feelings. This stunt was just another example of Darwin nominees receiving quick little life lessons. Even seemingly experienced adults get these lessons from time to time. I think this kid was about that age where you think you're invincible, and you just kinda let your mouth overload your ass. Seen plenty of it. He got the horns. Let's hope he puts 2+2 together and remembers it.

Doesn't no right from wrong , bad parents, now he's made himself a target , good luck with that.

It really amazes me the outrage the left has over mere words, and then condones actual acts of violence against others. The dichotomy of their POV astounds me.

He deserved to be slapped. No respect for a yone.

Well I personally thought smashing an egg on the senator's head was a well thought and rational reply to someone who has a stance on a potential problem for New Zealand. Side eye

Social media is robbing our youth worldwide of the ability to have actual discussions.

You mean to me. Me smash egg on head. You slimy. Me win. Beats chest

The kid asked to be punched in the face and was granted his wish

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23306
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.