slug.com slug.com

11 12

Video from Liberty Hangout that's twenty-four minutes long. For me personally Memorial Day was never about a day to celebrate or about the start of the summer season, it was about to remember our service men and women over the years who died while serving in a branch of the Armed Forces. My one uncle's brother was killed in the Vietnam War, and I lost a close friend in the Iraq War in 2007. Some would say "Happy Memorial Day", but the day is hardly a happy one, let alone a time to celebrate or party on the local beach.

Some of the people in the following video make me sick, have that many of my fellow Americans become that dumbed-down? The public school system has failed far too many of our youths, and that problem only appears to be getting worse.

American's don't know what Memorial Day is-

SpikeTalon 10 May 30

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well good for him.

Is "Liberty Hangout" supposed to be a play on "Limited Hangout?" If so... not a very libertarian play on words. Par for the course, though.

Doubt it.

As I understand it, Liberty Hangout is a rightwing source and not Libertarian per se.

@SpikeTalon They use the ancap symbolism--and ancaps are of course right-wing libertarians.

@WilyRickWiles Right-leaning perhaps, but not far right, and there is a difference between the two. The further right one goes means more authoritarian, same is true with the left, far left is more authoritarian in nature. As one comes to the middle, one is less authoritarian, and just right of center is where the Ancaps would fall.

As soon as I saw it was a video from Seder, I stopped watching it, as I care not about any hit piece... I mean opinion piece from him.

While Liberty Hangout may not be the most reliable source, I personally know too many individuals like that who've not the slightest clue what most American holidays are for.

First off, I have no doubts that there are dumb people out there who don't know history. You can see it in other man-on-the-street videos where people aren't able to name the President or VP, or recognize famous people from history. Hell, most people never even heard of the Tulsa massacre until an HBO show depicted it. The video keyframe also doesn't look like it contains the most informed people.

I also have no doubts that the video was selectively edited for a specific narrative. I do refuse to actually watch it though. I'm not going to give Kaitlin Bennett any traffic on her video. Her entire persona is that she brought a gun to college. I know you're a strong Second Amendment proponent, and I have no problem with that, but guns shouldn't be used as props or publicity stunts. She also legitimately thinks women shouldn't be allowed to vote, and literally called for Trump to declare himself as king and take over the US.

Look beyond the source, the point was to show that there are too many of our fellow Americans walking around with not even a basic education, which is concerning. With that said, I'm certainly fine with you feeling that way as in the past some of the sources you had linked to in your posts contained questionable sources as well, so we're both technically guilty of that.

As for Bennett... her comment on women voting appears to have been somewhat misconstrued. While she did say that granting women the right to vote may have been a mistake, I could find nowhere where she said women absolutely should not be allowed to vote, and proceeded to say that she would give up her right to vote first before giving up the right to defend herself. Regarding the Trump comment, how do you know that she was being serious? If you already know Bennett is not someone to take seriously, then I'd advise to not take that comment of hers too seriously either. It's interesting albeit somewhat ironic that those who claim to not believe certain other individuals for whatever personal reasons, have no trouble taking at face value controversial remarks made by said individuals. Either you take them seriously or you don't. There are some leftwing folks I know online who are now advocating that Biden should make himself a king of the sorts, but being I do not take such people seriously to begin with I also don't put much stock in comments like that either.

As for the original source, did not have much of a choice, left-leaning media/journalists certainly won't report honestly if even at all on such a topic, and you and I both know that.

@SpikeTalon well, I did preface saying I believed the overall point - that many Americans are oblivious to a lot of history, including all generations and walks of life. I don't need to watch the video to know that.

But I still refuse to give Bennett's channel any traffic. There is a difference between questionable sources - ones which may be biased or opinion based or selective in their reporting - and someone who harasses children and threatens to shoot people in public. When someone consistently Tweets specific viewpoints, why not assume that is what they believe? Although you may be right, as her sister is starting to come out and expose her as being a fraud who only says things for publicity and to get attention and money, when she doesn't actually believe half the things she says. For example, apparently she isn't a Christian or a "tradwife" as she wants people to believe.

Regardless of whether the video has been edited young and old alike should remember those that died fighting for their country.They never got the chance to 'party' for better or worse.

And everyone of these people were educated in OUR Public Schools, totally funded by our TAX dollars???
And what do you say about the "Educators" in that system???????????????????????????

Unfortunately, a large percentage of them are busy undermining Everything Our Nation has stood for.

Often OUR “Educators” and OUR “Education System” Lie Outright by Teaching ACTUAL Falsehoods but when They’re NOT Doing That ... They LIE By Omission by NOT Teaching Truth.
They are FULLY Supported (or Coerced) in this by OUR “Government Leaders” and its Implanted Bureaucracy ...
The Democrats, the DemLeft, the RINOs are Out to Destroy Our Nation and, as part of the process, They Start by DESTROYING Our Children’s “Knowledge Base” ... and They’ve been at it for DECADES.

Unfortunately, WE Let Them ... Simply by NOT Engaging in “Correcting” the actions of the School Board Members.

A LOT of Americans have NO Idea what “Memorial Day” represents.
Honestly, a lot of people younger than 40 yrs old have Very Little knowledge of History ... or US History ... how do you expect them to know anything about Memorial Day?

I’d like to say they Piss Me Off ... Disgust Me ...
But ... truthfully ... what Pisses Me Off is the Educators ... the Educational System.

Its hard to blame these morons for not knowing things they’ve never been taught ... never been exposed to.

Interestingly Anzac Day ,Australia’s Memorial Day has had growing numbers of young persons for quiet a few years now. Many schools invite veterans to speak to classes of what the word Anzac (Australian and NewZealand Forces) represents ,it’s history and what it means to both countries.

@Hare
History ... the knowledge of ... the understanding of ... the sacrifice required to enable the life one is blessed to live ...

The youth of today should be constantly taught to to honor the sacrifices for those ... mostly young ... men and women who have given their lives ... often in battles and conflicts which they did not truly understand but did so at the behest of Their Nation ... Their Citizenry.

Frankly, @SpikeTalon, I would hope that my wake is a roaring bash and that anytime someone remembers my passing they would party like New Years Eve, because I am free from the struggle of this world.

Lifes IS a Challenge , everyone contributes in some way to make this world a better place.Maybe the real struggle comes in the after life better hedge your bets and party now.

@Inspiration If the afterlife is nothing better than this one we are of all creatures most miserable. I think I'll help my neighbors get through this life and party in the next one.

I think the reality is more that - to most people - Memorial Day weekend kicks off the unofficial start of Summer. It's like Christmas and Thanksgiving; we know what the holidays are really about, but to most folks it just ends up being presents & feasting and football & feasting respectively.

Does that mean that they're inherently thumbing their nose at these holidays? No, I don't think so. But I think people look forward to the artificial meaning that has been applied to these holidays versus the actual meaning of the holiday, and it's easy to understand why they do. It's easier to look forward to something positive than to a solemn weekend of thanks and remembrance.

So, you're not wrong...but I think you may be taking it personally.

Maybe, but the mere fact that those in the above video are that terrible when it comes to basic American history is cause for concern though.

@SpikeTalon

Perhaps. But I always take videos like this with a huge grain of salt because they are edited precisely to support the narrative the producer desires, in this case, that Americans are ignorant AF. But we have no idea how many people they interviewed or how long it took them to get enough of the answers they wanted. Heck, we don't even know if the interviews were remotely staged. All we know is the vision the video producer wants us to see.

And this goes for all the "let's make fun of conservatives" videos that are arranged just like this.

@Alysandir Valid point I suppose.

So much for forming a more perfect Union.

Where's the keg?

Probably what alot of those in the video were thinking to themselves...

The Soldiers who didnt make it would be doing exactly the same thing if they were around today.Gone but not forgotten. Im sure when everyone is reminded of what the day stands for at that point they will never forget whether their partying on the beach or hanging out of a tree.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:229846
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.