slug.com slug.com

3 11

“We knew so little” is the excuse, and with so many deaths expected, can anyone blame local, state, and national politicians for panicking?

The answer is a resounding yes.

Restricting individual liberties did not defeat Covid-
[zerohedge.com]

SpikeTalon 10 May 29

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In the USA (I dunno where “Lightman” is from or coming from either) in the First Month ... maybe Two ... what was being reported was something like the Black Death was revisiting us. It seemed “The Stand” was about to unfold for real.
A panicked reaction made some sort of sense ... by the Populace and even by the Government ...

However, even by the end of the first month the numbers ... even as inflated as they were ... didn’t add up.
Serious research of Available Information ... even as hard as it was distorted ... didn’t “Ring True”.

I can understand all the “Measures” created and instituted ... “6 Weeks to Flatten the Curve” ... wasn’t a Totally Bad Idea ... for SIX Weeks ...

By the End of those “6 Weeks” they had enough of a handle on what was happening ... They “Knew” Enough ... to rescind MOST of the “Measures” ...

The Fact that they DIDN’T ... The Fact that they CONTINUE ... to try to Scare ... to FORCE ... the Populace into Compliance with Freedom and Liberty Killing “Measures” indicates it was a Careful and Deliberate Hoax with Very Suspicious Intent.

Try as you like spike.... the figures speak for themselves... 30,000 cases 910 deaths.
If we had reacted like you we would have been overrun before the end of last year. we had predictions based on what was happening in the Us that we would have had 150,000 cases and 20,000 deaths.

The PCR test was run at more than 28 Cycle Threshold, giving them an avg error rating of 54%.

Those case numbers and death have all been inflated drastically, some say by over 50% of the actual real count

@BubbaLouie Health authorities the world over say the PCR test is the best test they currently have at the moment for identification of the virus... most health authorities also back this up with several other tests... I posted the direct information in a link ages ago.

Restricting individual liberties did not defeat Covid-
Interesting opinion... how do you know it is in any way true?
Without closed borders, masks, social distancing increased personal hygene and lockdowns things may have been incredibly worse... look at Brazil, India etc....
High population density, lack of hygene, etc in India seems to have proven the point that the claim is in fact wrong.

Closed borders did not work for every country, sure didn't for the US. The relatively few individuals I know who got Covid were adament mask-wearers, and used to get upset with those who didn't wear a mask when out it public, and even doing so did not save them from Covid and there have been independent studies that questioned just how effective masks were during the pandemic. Social distancing of at least six feet away is perhaps the most asinine guideline, twenty feet would have been more appropriate and even that would still be questionable. Increased personal hygiene? Can't say I believe that, not from what I've observed from others. Lockdowns for the most part have caused needless albeit increased irrational fears not to mention the economic impact and how many had their livelihoods disrupted, which the Federal Government sure didn't provide enough relief stimulus. While I can partly agree on the India point, India and the US are two very different countries, so attempting to compare them could produce flawed conclusions regarding lockdown measures.

I've personally witnessed nothing but hopelessness, dread and irrational fears, and personal financial hardship during the lockdowns, hardly anything that beneficial on a large scale. Funny thing is, had the Government been a little less forceful in their approach to the lockdowns, they maybe would have received less resistance from certain folks. Being forceful with people usually will result in them resisting your ideas or suggestions. I'd still say too many people still died, which one wouldn't have expected given all the supposed precautions in place, and since it wasn't given a fair chance no one now will know how a voluntaryist approach would have worked out instead of a forceful one.

@SpikeTalon Nice try no points though...
Closed borders done properly and in time would have been very effective.
It has been here and we shutdown after you guys.
Obviously you didn't do it right.
As I recall you still had people coming in and out of your country after the borders were supposedly shut.

Trump's claims here are half true. Navarro’s warnings were reportedly circulated in late January and Trump’s travel ban on China was ordered January 31st — so he's right on the timing. But Trump's other statement, that he shut down "all" travel from China and Europe, is false.

He closed the border to most foreigners travel from China to the U.S. — exempting U.S. citizens and some others — but he did not shut down the borders completely. On March 11, Trump ordered the border closed to foreigners coming to the U.S. from 26 European states, but not all of Europe.

@SpikeTalon The relatively few individuals I know who got Covid were adament mask-wearers, and used to get upset with those who didn't wear a mask when out it public, and even doing so did not save them from Covid and there have been independent studies that questioned just how effective masks were during the pandemic.

Really?
Did they get the right masks. only a few can actually stop and protect against transmission. Di they start wearing them soon enough or were they already infected. Did they wear them all the time or did they contract the virus when not wearing their masks?
Masks are part of protection and risk management they are not a cure-all. No one has ever claimed they are.
Mostly here they are worn in hotzones where social distancing is impossible, eg on public transport.
Medical professionals have been wearing masks for ages... if they were not effective to some degree this would not be happening.

@SpikeTalon Social distancing of at least six feet away is perhaps the most asinine guideline, twenty feet would have been more appropriate and even that would still be questionable.

Apparently different countries have different distances, we have used 2... 2 or 4 square metres in public and in hotels etc...
Seems to work well here, especially when people also wear masks.

@SpikeTalon Increased personal hygiene? Can't say I believe that, not from what I've observed from others.

Really?
Here health experts put the lack of the common flu down to this new social protocol, where hand sanitation is widespread and surface to human transmission is cut to almost no risk at all. We even have dedicated COVID Cleaners that spray and clean any and all surfaces people would most likely come into contact with.

@SpikeTalon Lockdowns for the most part have caused needless albeit increased irrational fears not to mention the economic impact and how many had their livelihoods disrupted, which the Federal Government sure didn't provide enough relief stimulus. While I can partly agree on the India point, India and the US are two very different countries, so attempting to compare them could produce flawed conclusions regarding lockdown measures.

Really the point is about population density surely you cannot argue against that?
Lockdowns provide in certain countries time for health officials to contact trace and shutdown through quarantine cases that would otherwise continue to spread the disease. Works here.

@Lightman It was done right... and didn't work.

Who gets to decide what the "right" type of mask is? Here in the states we were told just about any face covering would do. At least one of them I know owned the type of mask for such an issue, she wore it correctly and that still didn't save her. Had been wearing them for some time too before they got stricken with Covid. Effective to some degree is not good enough either.

Physical distancing guidelines here in the states vary state to state as well. Some places said six feet while others suggested twice that amount. Over the last fourteen months there have been plenty of businesses near me that supposedly had strict Covid guidelines in place, and they still saw exposure incidents regardless.

@Lightman Maybe worked out in Australia, but it didn't in the US, and while I'm sure there are some who would say otherwise there would equally be plenty of those who would agree.

@SpikeTalon I've personally witnessed nothing but hopelessness, dread and irrational fears, and personal financial hardship during the lockdowns, hardly anything that beneficial on a large scale.

We have scaremongers here... but most people are usually fair minded and sensible in their reactions to the Pandemic. Some politicians have over-reacted and tried to use the Pandemic for political gain. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
We have a social security system where unemployment benefits are available for those out of a job it was even enhanced by a COVID payment, we also had a new allowance paid to companies called Jobkeeper allowing companies to keep staff on that would otherwise have lost their jobs. We also allowed many people to work from home and Telehealth was brought forward for GPs to aid in medical visits during the Pandemic.

@SpikeTalon Medical authorities here mandated only 2 varieties... so no it seems there it wasn't done right at all.

@Lightman

LMAO! Locking healthy people away from healthy people is a catastrophe! That is NOT the way you quarantine. In 1918, pockets of infected people were separated and isolated but they never shutdown the healthy people

@BubbaLouie Your point would be? alarmist?
Look what you just said doesn't disagree with anything I've ever said .

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:229575
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.