slug.com slug.com

9 7

Biden Admin is keeping migrant kids in horrible conditions. Where is the outcry?
[thefederalist.com]kids-in-horrible-conditions-where-is-the-outcry/

SpikeTalon 10 May 21

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There's no outcry because there is no intent. The Trump Administration kept kids in horrible conditions by design, because they thought it would deter people from coming and admitted as much. They enjoyed being cruel. Of course, it didn't keep people from coming. There's been a crisis at the Southern border since 2014 and it's getting worse primarily because of conditions in the countries where these people are coming from. But it's a complicated issue, far more complicated than some of the "mindless" comments commonly said about it would lead one to believe. Simply building a wall isn't going to solve the problem. You can read more about it here:

[disasterphilanthropy.org]

In fact, you can donate to the cause and put you money where your mouth is.

The Trump Administration was not the first Admin to put immigrants in "cages", the Obama Administration started all that. They enjoyed being cruel is a personal opinion, and no hard evidence exists to back up such a claim. For a moment though let me entertain that notion... that means by extension the Obama Admin must have been cruel as well, and Biden served right under Obama as his Vice President, and now Biden is the President and he is keeping that "tradition" going. Who said a border wall was the solution to the problem? I never did, and personally thought the money spent on the wall could have gone to more effective use.

The border issue is a crisis, our country cannot totally absorb more than two million immigrants in a single year, such a scenario presents potential problems, problems which could negatively affect all American citizens. Also, need I remind you our country is currently still in the middle of a pandemic, and conceivably there are at least some of those immigrating here who are Covid positive. I understand that people like you and Biden want to be welcoming to all immigrants, and that's noble, but allowing that many into the country in a single year during a pandemic just isn't an intelligent thing to do. I know Mexico and some South American countries have problems with violence and poverty, but for that matter so do we, and the primary focus should be on resolving our own problems first before taking on the problems of others.

Once again you totally missed the point of this post, which was to point out that "deplorable" conditions for immigrants continues on even though Biden is the President now. Only difference is, the mainstream medias are no longer constantly complaining about such like they did when Trump was President, and that's blatant hypocrisy in my book. Of course, you don't see that as MSN is such a reliable source in your opinion, they just wouldn't lie about anything, right? You really need to stop assuming things about me. For your information, I do donate to charities and humanitarian organizations, that help my fellow citizens. If we cannot solve our own problems with poverty and violence etc, then we won't be able to effectively help immigrants out. When I see a homeless veteran stricken with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder get denied assistance they desperately need, while an undocumented immigrant waltzes into the country and gets almost immediate access to housing and food assistance etc, there is something dreadfully wrong with that, and I will take issue with that. Go forth and help the immigrants, legal and illegal alike, if you are so inclined to do so, and I'll focus on helping out my fellow citizens. Once all of America's problems are solved, then I'd be more than glad to lend a helping hand to the immigrants if I could do so. Again, you seriously need to stop making assumptions about me, and perhaps take some of your own advice there regarding putting money where your mouth is. I help out my fellow citizens when possible, and I don't fixate on helping other countries with problems when we haven't even solved all of our own problems.

@SpikeTalon By February 2018, the Trump administration had begun a practice of separating minor children entering the United States from the parents or relatives that accompanied them, including people applying for asylum. On May 7, 2018, the Justice Department announced a policy of "zero tolerance" of unauthorized crossing of the border with Mexico, coordinated between the Departments of Homeland Security and the Justice Department. Under this policy, Federal authorities separated children from their parents, relatives, or other adults who accompanied them in crossing the border illegally: parents were sent to federal jails awaiting their hearing while children were held in shelters under the aegis of the Department of Health and Human Services.

This is what most people were outraged about. The government has always had difficulty housing the illegal immigrants. They don't have the money. We are in dire need of immigration reform. That has to be done by Congress. Fat chance. Most people regarded Trump's "zero tolerance" policy as inhumane. It just wasn't clear to people how separating children from their parents was helping the border situation. The fact that the Obama WH might have put some children in cages, it wasn't their policy. They did their best to deal with a terrible situation.

I sympathize with your desire to help Americans first. That's a noble goal. But the reality is that unless conditions in those other countries improve, the border situation will not improve. The US is virtually forced to help those other Nations because the best way to not have people come here is to make them like being where they are.

Obama kept the kids in cages and he controls Biden. That's why I callhim O'Biden.

The media will bpame conservatives for O'Biden.

@TyKC Funny how no one wants to bring up the fact that those immigrants who went through such came here on their own accord regardless of whatever personal reason. With all the ado going on over US immigration, one would think that said immigrants were well aware of what they could be facing, and yet chose to continue with immigrating here. Not saying the immigration issue was totally handled properly by ICE, but those who immigrated here had to be aware of the potential risks in doing so, and it's hard for me to have that much sympathy for someone who didn't exactly make the most intelligent choice there. I don't care even if it wasn't the Obama Admin's policy, they didn't do any better.

While I get your point on the last part there, the US is not the only option for immigrants, and some would have you believe there are certain Nordic countries that are much better to live in than the US. The US cannot help everyone, especially knowing how we have not even been able to fully help out all of our own yet.

@SpikeTalon Not the point. The point is that most Americans thought it was cruel. I'm sure the immigrants didn't like it either, but it might have been better than what they were facing back in their home countries.

@SpikeTalon You stirred up a hornet's nest in a diplomatic way. Ditto on the wall not being the be-all-end-all answer. Other walls have also failed such as the great wall of China, Hadrian's wall in Britain and the Berlin Wall. Methinks we have too many rats in this global cage. Overpopulation kills.

The real problem is that the Obiden administration lures them into this trap and tries to hide what they’re doing who get caught in the trap.

The MSM is a JOKE, a bad one!!!!!!!!!!

It’s amazing that the media’s “kids-in-cages” mantra suddenly became “youth shelters” overnight.

Meh, not too amazing...

He's not Trump.... there will be no outcry.

Indeed there won't be any outcry.

Obama started keeping kinds in cages but the media din't cover it because Obama is a monkey for the Democrat party.

The media's keeping the lid on it.

Biden blind to blame..

It’s the liberal way. It’s always somebody else’s fault and I’m just a victim (and so are you; so vote for me and I’ll save you from that bad, old white conservative man).

He holds them captive to sniff their hair.

He puts Covid tests up their asses to sniff.

He keeps them in his Biden camps.

Because camping is fun! Haha

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:226388
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.