slug.com slug.com

1 0

LINK Greek Life students say their freedoms are under assault, survey finds

Most college and university students who belong to Greek-letter organizations believe their personal and organizational freedoms are under threat, according to the results of a nationwide survey of Greek Life members.

A majority don’t feel comfortable disagreeing with a professor, feel there’s pressure for their organizations to be booted from campus, and believe administrators would rather punish a student who said something controversial rather than defend free speech, the RealClearEducation survey found.

What truly stands out is the degree to which students are self-censoring due to the problematic existence of a “climate of fear” on college campuses, said Nathan Harden, editor of RealClearEducation, in an interview with The College Fix.

sqeptiq 10 May 20

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Everybody's freedom is being assaulted. Went shopping to a store only to find out they were closed on Sunday. How DARE they. Went the next day and they said I had to wear a mask. My God-given selfishness and unconcern about the fate of others is being torn away from me.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:226014
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.