slug.com slug.com

5 1

Let's have some fun. Without revealing your age,say something that a young person wouldn't understand.

Poncho69 8 May 17

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can't find the floppy disc for my word processor.

A 386 SX was all I needed...

Could you adjust the rabbit ears for me?

For those who are wondering, we used to have antennae on televisions that needed constant adjustment. Hardly anyone uses them anymore. They were commonly called "rabbit ears" here in America. So, I guess my example was as much cultural as generational as well.

We would leave a beer out at Christmas for the dunny man.

I'm afraid that one is as much a cultural thing as a generational one. I'm 55, and I have no idea what that means.

@KeithThroop (Australia, colloquial, now chiefly historical) Someone whose job it is to empty the cesspit from a basic toilet which is not attached to a plumbing system.
They used to carry a steel bin full of "waste" on their shoulder. They had a shoulder cover (maybe leather or canvas), I remember them running up the side of the house from the backyard to their truck and there would often be a splash or two. They would tip it in the truck and put the empty bin back in the toilet which was a small "shed" in the yard. Only some suburbs had plumbing back then.

The date on our computers once threatened our existence

Y2K

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:224732
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.