slug.com slug.com

4 5

LINK Follow up to Right Wing Collectivism

To further illustrate the realities of right-wing collectivism... Mitt Romney recently posted a video of his staff surprising him for his birthday. The comments are full of "conservatives" bashing Romney for failing to take an oath of loyalty to the President.

I don't even agree with everything Romney has said/done in regard to Trump. But the response from those who are supposed to be conservatives is sickening.

My response to the die hard Trumpers:

To everyone bashing Romney for not showing proper fealty to the President... to everyone pledging allegiance to Donald Trump... you're undying loyalty to a politician is pathetic.

The Democrat Party is over there. Take your hero worship, group think, collectivist nonsense where it belongs.

Happy birthday, Mitt.

jnaatjes 7 Mar 12

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree with Romney's decision but he's a massive . Romneycare??? Really???

Romney gets what he does because he has gone out of his way to bad mouth Trump. He's another John McCain or Paul Ryan.
He should just do his job and keep his mouth shut or jump to the Dems.

I'm sure you don't think Trump should be beyond criticism though, right?

@jnaatjes Of course not but Romney goes out of his way to humiliate Trump. He can make his criticisms directly to Trump if he likes.

@Chicago I actually find his dissenting voice refreshing. I think Trump has been good for the country from an economic, policy, and judicial perspective, but culturally he's been a nightmare (and yes, yes I know the media and Democrats have been equally to blame, and no I wouldn't have preferred Hillary Clinton). But that's what Romney has criticized... not his policies, but his leadership.

I think there's good reason to believe that the Republican Party has lost a generation of young people to a Democrat Party that is currently sprinting as far left as possible, thanks to Trump. Maybe Romney has gone overboard with his criticism, but I hope public criticism from GOP leaders can show the country that Trump is not a good representation of conservatism.

Trump is like a small child... he needs lots of praise when he does something right, and lots of correction when he does things wrong. Metaphorically speaking, too many in the GOP are enabling their child to continue acting like a spoiled brat.

@jnaatjes I could agree whole heartedly with you if Romney himself weren't talking as childishly as the person whom he claims to criticize. Romney doesn't exactly raise the level of discourse one bit. And he does sound more like a closeted Democrat and a bitter man than he does anything else.
Yesterday I was watching a Faith Goldy interview and they said something that really stuck with me. What was said is that Conservatism in Canada is really progressivism at the speed limit. I would put Romeny and Ryan and many of the Republicans who don't agree with Trump in that camp.

I absolutely agree that conservatives have their own form of collectivism and do not believe anyone should pledge allegiance to anyone person or party for that matter. That said, the way our 2 party system is set up, your best bet as an individual is to align yourself with those who mostly espouse the same ideas as you. It isn't perfect but it is the best we have.

And hold them to high standards. Otherwise it doesn't really matter which side you align with. Unless your only goal is winning.

Eh, both sides act immature, no surprises there...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22391
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.