slug.com slug.com

2 0

LINK How I Became a Casualty in the Facebook-Twitter Social Media Purges - Foundation for Economic Education

I'm hoping that one of the things this platform is dedicated to is avoiding this kind of deplatforming. Having had one post banned without reason given I'm a little disappointed. What are y'all's experiences?

VonO 7 Mar 11

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You had a post banned on here for no clear reason?

One of the headings in the article is the salient point: “Facebook and Twitter Are Private Companies”. If their censoring practices are going to be their modus operandi, then those concerned about it should just leave Facebook and Twitter. It's self-gratifying to try and push back against an obviously unfair practice, but that's the consequence of operating within in a free market economy. Do we want social media platforms to censor free speech? Abolutely not. Can we keep private enterprise from choosing who they do business with? Absolutely not. Do I think this is political pandering by these two platforms? Probably. And we will have to wait and see if they get away with it. If the only people left using their platforms ends up being leftists, then more power to them. They can all play together in their little sandbox.

On the other hand, if one invests time and talent cultivating a following and the resulting decline in market share by being banned is damaging, might there be legal recourse? I don't know the law for that circumstance. But I'm sure Facebook and Twitter have bigger laywers than most end-users.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22215
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.