slug.com slug.com

20 8

Who else is concerned by the demise of the US news reporting media?

Who else is concerned by the demise of the US news reporting media? There was a time when the media was considered the fourth estate. They investigated, researched and reported on important issues and allegedly gave unbiased news reports, thereby informing us and protecting us from corrupt politicians and businesses. Sadly they have become a branch of the left in our nation. This is dangerous for us as a people. What is the solution?

Clammypollack 7 Mar 9

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember in Charles Finney's book about Masonry in early America. He didn't address it as a cult but as an organized crime entity. When the some Masons murdered a man who revealed their secret oaths and inner workings. No media would report on the murder except to say the guy deserved it for the simple reason the entire media at that time period was owned by Masons. It outraged the nation and spurned the development of all kinds of new media. Took a long time. So this is nothing new and new media is the answer.

It has gotten too far away from acually being considered "news". It is opinionated propaganda hell bent on terrifying us into submission.

The U.S. media had never been unbiased. In fact, initially, only political hacks ran newspapers. Such famous "News" included the " Coffin handbill" during the 1828 election. There was never any unbiased reporting. It's just now with the 24/7 news cycle and the major outlets no longer trying to disguise their bias that people are finally waking up to what is going on.

It mirrors Hitler's Germany. Just like the suppression of free speech, and gun control. Yet they call anyone who doesn't agree with them Hitler, or racist, or both.

For over 2 years I have yet seen an unbiased Headline or Story from much of the Fake News Cartel

Our Media is nothing more that the lap dogs of the Marxis................... er, Democrat Party

Our Media has been on the Side of the Left since the Walter Cronkite day.

'All the President's Men'... when the reporters became the story, when it became money and celebrity.

Hardly anyone knows what happened at "Watergate." They know the story crocheted from fact and fiction in book and movie form. Woodward and Bernstein became millionaire heroes. Fame whores were inspired to be reporters. The end.

It's not news anymore, it's pure propaganda.

It is, in my opinion, the most dangerous contributor to the rise in power of those who would destroy western civilization, in the name of the globalist agenda. I do not think that most of main stream media even see the globalist agenda they defend, which is truly frightening. Am so happy, that thoughtful, intelligent leaders of free speech are stepping up and speaking out and allowing those of us, perhaps less credentialed, but no less aware, to rally behind these intellectual warriors. I have hope.

Its sad that the news now is boosting what they want to make people believe in, which is generally shitty things and orchestrated ones. They want to hold the whole world’s empathy towards their victims dying in car accidents, in assaults committed of course by “Islamists” and all the stories that you already know. Concerning those people, however, nobody bothers himself to check what is going on, what is happening, and why those people are being repressed, killed,burned and other things way harder to believe. Editors in chief are ruled, no honesty nor professionalism is shown in their work, journalists are being doomed and all the News Agencies are going with the flow which contradicts their principles and beliefs that they claim following. One of the basic princples is empowerment which means to give power to those who don’t have it. If you are working on broadcasting what the world is on about, it should not contain only a brighter part and neglects the darker one which ofcourse rocks the whole planet. And not making a hot spot barely on one side at the expense of the other. We are not uninvolved bystanders. “Who ever controls the media controls the mind” Jim Morrison. Well it is working well with some. Thinking

It's not news, it's propaganda.

Start by watching One American News Network, OANN

I think we're (unfortunately) past the point of having an unbiased media that just "reports facts". Our entertainment culture has shaped the way news is presented. I believe - as in all things free market - that it is a matter of supply and demand. If the demand is for "junk news", there will be junk news outlets. If there is a demand for fact-based, unbiased reporting, then that will become available. Ha-ha-ha! Just kidding.

I would be pretty concerned if there weren't people like Tim Pool around. He is almost completely unbiased and breaks big stories on his second channel several times a day. If we replaced trash like the NYT and Wapo with an army of Tim Pools we would be in a much better place. We'd finally be back to getting unbiased, hard-hitting, investigative journalism.

Listened to journalist Lara Logan's 3 hour interview. I get the impression that she's fairly liberal (and courageous), but I also get that she'd tell it to us straight. The filter that is placed between real journalists like her and us needs to go. We don't need to listen to 15 second snipes on TV when we can get full interviews. We can and do choose what filter we want on our news. The leftist media is quickly becoming obsolete and I'm cheering its demise on. Part of the solution - podcasts

This site is part of the solution.

Its not just American news agencies, were seeing the same in all western countries the world over as the push to destroy the higher morals of our society intensifies.

These days advertising sponsors wield too much influence. Sadly, most mainstream media sources have become entertainment/diversion outlets instead of reporting on the facts, they pander to their targeted audience. There might not be an easy solution to that problem...

News was the Big 3 'LOSS LEADER, a devise to attract viewers. Say in the 70s someone acknowledged the profit potential and the game has never been the same. Then cable, the web, the death of print...

I also think after 3 or four generations of government union school teachers destroying minds truth is a maliable comodity.

To allow new media to rise up the daily wire, axios, quillette, Tim pool, and many others reporting objective on the facts will take over

The international Bankers have owned the US media for a century. It will always be thus, so long as a private group has control of the monetary system. The reason for the the recent change to obvious propaganda and manipulation is that before 2012, there was a law that made purposeful propaganda and manipulation by the Federal Government (read Deep State now) illegal. The Smith-Mundt Act of 1948 was essentially repealed in the 2012 NDAA.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21984
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.