slug.com slug.com

7 0

Assessment of Trump

In assessing Trump's effectiveness, is it possible or reasonable to separate his actions from his rhetoric?

Berniful 4 Mar 8

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He has spent the first two years of his presidency attempting to undermine the American people's confidence and faith in the traditions and institutions that make this country great, so, no, it is not difficult for me to determine that the simple fact he makes some trains run on time doesn't outweigh the damage his rhetoric is doing to the intellectual and institutional foundations upon which this nation is built.

The real question should be that now we have normalized Mr. Trump's behavior and come to accept that a president who attacks the First Amendment, our law enforcement and intelligence communities, the integrity of the electoral process, the stability of the world order created by the United States for our benefit after World War II, and who uses social media to lie directly to the American people, what will we accept next? What sort of president will follow in Mr. Trump's footsteps and what traditions and institutions will he shred?

That sounds powerful, emotional, passionate, rhetorical...but lacking in substance.

Totally. I did not support him during the Republican primaries but when he became the Republican candidate against Hillary, for me it was the lesser of two evils. Now that he’s president, I’m actually quite pleased with his policies. He does say some pretty stupid things at times but he has been good for our economy, our military and our nation overall. The harder the left and the media try to destroy him, the more I find myself in his court. I’m sure there are many like me.

Congratulations. It sounds like you are able to differentiate between rhetoric and action.

Love him or hate him He has been effective in opening many people’s eyes to the extreme bias of the media.

I don’t find it to be rhetoric. I believe he says what he feels and he is absolutely readable which we cannot say about other politicians with all their masks on hiding their true identities. Trump is real like any of us. Call it rhetoric all you want, he’s the total embodiment of a real person and not some stuffed shirt who has all the things you like to hear memorized and uses those speeches every time they talk.

With Trump, we get exactly what he is with no watered down nonsense.

If you ask me, I consider the same old memorized speeches of other politicians to be total rhetoric. None of it matters. Just just a lot of words with not substance that doesn’t mean a single thing.

I so agree. It feels like he is totally integrated with the American people and speaks to his base in the language we understand. I like that he's a bit off the rails and wouldn't change a single thing about him...even his self-aggrandizement is endearing, especially considering the weight of the negativity he and his family receive every single day.

What you see is what you get. It's a refreshing change in Washington.

I believe he has dome more positive things than the last 4 before him, while I do not care for most of his BS on twitter and other forms I believe all of DC hates him because they can't completely control him. He has much more to do in my book but let's see what happens

Actually, I find his "rhetoric" refreshing, and his actions/effectiveness to fulfill something that's been lacking in our elected officials. Someone, can't remember who, made a very notable observation. Trump, with his rhetoric, is able to state the the things that are on many peoples minds, and able to withstand the backlash. The rest of us would likely get fired from jobs, doxxed, or removed from social media.

A refreshing aspect is that on Twitter, it's there for all to see...uncensored. Pundits can't spin, take out of context or "interpret" what is said. Kind of clever.

Interesting Question ...
I should think that, since EVERYONE Every Day seperates “Action” from “Rhetoric” in terms of Politics this should really be no problem.
The ONLY Difference between the Rest of the Politicians and President Trump is that “They” DON’T LIKE President Trump’s “Rhetoric” ... not to mention what they think of the Effectiveness of His Actions ...
Almost ALL of the REST of the Politicians have been yammering One Type of Non-Stop Rhetoric and ACTING Completely Differently (often the Exact Opposite) for DECADES. It’s hardly ever changed ...
The ONLY Other Difference between the Rest of the Politicians and President Trump is that He’s ACTUALLY TRYING to fulfill his Promises ...
Which doesn’t seem to Sit Well with MOST of those Other WINDBAGS (aka. Politicians) who Prefer NOT to Produce Jack Schitt...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21870
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.