slug.com slug.com

1 1

LINK Everything You Need to Know (And Forget) About Vaccines - YouTube

Busting the most common vaccine myths.

jsegor 6 Apr 11

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

De-bunking should be with facts, not just its wrong, and while many anti-vax statements are wrong, so too are many of the assumptions, including how herd immunity is achieved, this is of course clear to anyone who see how influenza has not been Eliminated despite widespread vaccination. Sadly this post has little to offer, except its long and has poor quality graphics. Still ad revenue beets working for real - Very disappointing. I would place its value at about middle school level indoctrination education

Saying assumptions are wrong without providing evidence is no argument. Anyone can do that. Coronavirus which cause colds have not been eliminated either. SARS-CoV-2 is so widespread and contagious that it probably will become endemic as well. So forget the lockdowns. Vaccines are the only way to contain it without huge loss of life. Meanwhile we have the UK and South Africa variants starting to spread now. Given time, we will see how effective the vaccines will be with the variants.

mRNA vaccines provide very little risk. They spur the T-Cell and B-Cell activities by reacting to the spike proteins created by the mRNA. mRNA never gets into the nucleus and are destroyed in a few days. If the variants pose a problem for the current mRNA vaccines, they can quickly rig up a booster shot for them too.

mRNA technology is here to stay along with CRISPR technology that will probably be used to cure severe genetic disorders. It boggles my mind why people are so suspicious of vaccines or this kind of technology and just want to go down the path of Brazil.

@jsegor -My comment is to do with the quality of information provided in the video, not microbiology, of which I do not pretend to be an expert. I am seeking affirmation that mRNA (an emerging technology) is well tested, and to date all actual studies do not provide that assurance. I will not debate the content- But it was IMHO of a poor standard - more an "I'm telling you believe me", rather than any actual data. so of little value to me. - I will for now continue my own journey seeking knowledge. - Attacking me for not providing proof that the video is wrong, does not change my evaluation of the quality of the post, or the value of the time i lost watching it.

@The_Q It's not an attack. Just that it is more useful to have counter arguments with evidence rather than just claims. I have literally changed my mind on topics by good arguments countering my current view of a subject. mRNA has been in the works for over 10 years. They fast-tracked the vaccination process by overlapping stages by taking a financial risk of them not working out. I took both Pfizer shots and may regret it, but that is a chance I am willing to take, vs getting COVID-19 itself. Already, I have a lot more freedom now that I am vaccinated. The data is out there.

The description of how mRNA works seems feasible to me. I could be wrong, but we'll find out. The AstraZeneca vaccine got off to a rocky start.

Dave does have some good quality videos. His debunking is not quite as tight as Potholer54 (Peter Hadfield with climate change COVID-19 fallacies). However, I have not seen anything that is false in the video.

I think these vaccines should be voluntary because of their novelty, so I respect some people's hesitancy. However, I think they are great and will be proven to be.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:210002
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.