slug.com slug.com

7 3

How Long before the dialogue within this community devolves into Hyperbole and Garbage?

This is the most civil and thought provoking forum I have ever encountered on the internet, just wondering how long you guys think before radicals and paranoid Schizophrenics start clogging up posts with useless and hyperbolic nonsense, if you think it will happen at all. Whoever makes the most accurate prediction will receive (from me personally) a gift card to Mrs. Fields Cookies.

LastLiberal 6 Feb 27

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Only fools play in the light. 3 weeks. It remains constant but mild, like the ocean lapping at your toes. Every now and then though, the wind catches a wave just right, to give you a shock of cold salty water to the face. And as the sun warms you back to health you will be left with that delightful salty lip taste that reminds you you are alive.

I reckon it will be rather difficult to troll on a forum site like this, especially since it is so profound. This is a forum for people with intellectual discussions, I would think that trolls will be distasted by it. However trolls are everywhere just need to be resilient to them.

Are mindless trolls even an issue? If nobody responds...who cares? The problem with trolls isn't the trolls...it is the stuffed egos thinking they have to respond and get the last word. Don't want trolls? Stop trying to be the goat...and stop crossing the bridge

Sigh...I think they already have. I thought they were joking but nope...serious as all get out., which ALWAYS strikes me as hilarious.

And I think a lot of responsibility will come from Us the community in exposing trolls, and mindless sycophants for what they are

Curious reply. In all honesty you and one other were the inspiration for this post

@LastLiberal so I've been uncivil, and what hyperbole do I spout?

@Rus-T-Balls Not even quite sure I can call it hyperbole because it didn't make sense to me. And I dind't accuse you of being uncivil. But this is the comment you made that made me wonder if a site like this could only last for so long. "@LastLiberal social media as a public utility. Statist will stop at nothing until the government has everything, it's not surprising it's in the name but y'all are sick(.)" Then I suggested you look into Teddy Roosevelt (implying that it wasn't a "statist(?)" or government takeover to challenge monopolies and your response was " stuffed animals rough riders Battle of San Juan what specifically are you referring(.)" I'm on here TRYING to communicate ideas and/or learn, not win brownie points or form an echo chamber. It doesn't seem to me you're trying to do that. I might be wrong, and few things would please me as much as you convincing me I am.

@LastLiberal all you say a is Teddy Roosevelt, like I'm supposed to read your mind and know what your were referring to. And to say that the government needs to take control over private industry is a statist view. And whether you are a statist or not, they will not stop until private industry is dead and that makes me sick. Alsi feeding the overstuffed monster that is our federal government is a bad idea

@Rus-T-Balls Teddy Roosevelt/the government didn't take over standard oil, that's why I suggested you look into it. I assumed you would believe history before believing a random ass on the internet. Please look into it. Gather a frame of reference. Don't believe me, believe facts

@LastLiberal and because I reject the notion that there's a monopoly on social medias now I'm some big scary bad guy. How would this site run independently if there was a monopoly

@Rus-T-Balls Do your own research man. If you think Minds and Facebook or this site and twitter have the same influence then I think you need to reevaluate your thoughts. And nobody said you were a "big scary bad guy." Now that statement you just made, I'm positive is hyperbolic, and a little weak. Almost like you're playing the victim. Let me know if you think I'm picking on you

@LastLiberal I'm just curious because you said I was a paranoid schizophrenic etc. Yet I'm the one prone to hyperbole. You're suggesting that social media today resembles the monopolies that the oil companies had back then, seems hyperbaric to me. and I said big scary bad guy cuz I didn't feel like going over the several unsavory adjectives you chose to describe me as the inspiration for your post

@Rus-T-Balls Once again. I did not call you any names. I simply read one response by you and another and thought of this post. Quit being defensive. I have accused you of nothing besides exaggeration. It was your comment that lead me to that assumption. I'm aware of what assumptions can lead to, that is why I will continue to give you the benefit of the doubt. Please quit defending yourself and defend your ideas. I would appreciate it if you didn't move the goalposts any further

@LastLiberal ok buddy however you feel like justifying it.

@Rus-T-Balls Justifying what?

@Rus-T-Balls bring your A game

I'm predicting within about two months time this site will see its first wave of trolls. Keep in mind this site launched earlier this month, making it only a few weeks old. I hope I'm wrong about that prediction by the way.

Think of the cookies though...

Thanks for the compliment! I'm hopeful that our unique system of checks, levels, and community dedicated to the ideals of the IDW (e.g., civility and humanization of adversaries) will dissuade trolls.

I hope you are right about that.

@SpikeTalon So do I. I wasn't asking with concerns regarding trolls. They're easy to spot and can be enjoyable (if they're good). I'm more worried about idiots. I could tag a couple right now I've seen over the last few days but I don't want to spoil genuine dialogue

@LastLiberal Think I might know who you're referring to...

That's what i meant when said only fools play in the light.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20963
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.