slug.com slug.com

6 5

Gender dysphoria

Something I have never understood regarding trans people is this: Why do we treat gender dysphoria differently than other mental afflictions? Would it not be more beneficial to people who suffer from it to be treated instead of encouraging it? To use an extreme analogy, it seems a bit like encouraging a schizophrenic to listen to the voices he or she is hearing. I'm not going to pretend to be educated on this topic, I just genuinely don't understand the reasoning behind this.

Williambyler 4 Feb 26

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When you believe you are not what your dna, hormones, muscles, genitalia, brain and skeletal structure say you are, it’s a mental illness.

I stole this from Shapiro.
I was born in 1986, but why am I not 50. Because facts

I compare it to a 6'2" Red Haired Scot going to Asia and finding out they love the country and were born in the wrong 'culture' - so they get all kinds of plastic surgery, get about 8 inches of leg bone taken out, just so they look asian. I like asian culture, and guess what, I am still able to enjoy it here in the US and even when I was in Japan/Okinawa. Was I considered asian - no, but I didn't give two Fricks about what they though of me, I just did me and got alone as best I could. Seems like TG don't like/accept themselves, and they think getting other people to accept them for something they are not will change their self opinion. Just my 2 cents...

[nationalreview.com] Policy by politics. Forward a political agenda, silence the opposition or get them fired. At this point it should be standard practice to at least look for a conservative viewpoint in all the leftist dominated colleges.

Agreed. I think it is a mistake of the LGBQA community to conflate sexual orientation with mental affliction under the guise of gender identity politics.

Those on the left tend to let their emotions on the subject get in the way of deeper thinking, thus arriving to poor conclusions.

I wholeheartedly agree. It would seem that compassion can indeed be blinding. It should always be tempered with reason.

That hit the nail dead on the head.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20880
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.