slug.com slug.com

51 2

Do you believe people are naturally good, or evil? Why?

• 7 votes
  • 17 votes
  • 36 votes
  • 26 votes
Marcus_Aurelius 7 Feb 21

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

51 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I honestly think that our simple existence is definitive proof of the goodness of humanity. Given the ability for evil acts to cause such widespread destruction and decimate society, if the majority of people possessed that tendency I don't see how we would have anything at all.

Luckily I think the evil is far outpaced by the good, and the destruction is quickly repaired. Unfortunately we are hardwired to allow the evil to be heard the loudest for factors of self preservation. You have to make a conscious effort to continually see the good.

I think we are both inherently good and evil, however it is interesting to ponder this question, because when asked many would say that they believe humanity is inherently evil. However, when asked the question about ourselves, we would like to think that we as an individual are inherently good. I believe we have the capability to be both, and that we aren't as inherently evil as we would like to think. Because believing that everyone around us is evil, allows us to justify being evil as well.

I feel we all have a great capacity for good as well as evil.

Neither, the decision to be good or turn to evil strictly rests upon the individual. Human beings are capable of both.

I'll say, what an acceptable answer, ha, hahaha, haha. Ok.

It would depend on how you define good and evil.
That being said, it has been said that all people have a spark of divinity in them, or a little piece of God. I would say we have a part of the Devil in us as well. (Metaphorically speaking) There's a story that I think sums this up perfectly. I can't fully remember it but it goes something like this: A boy was asking his grandfather about morality and the potential good and evil in people. The old man tells his grandson that inside every person there are two wolves, always at each other's throats, and locked in eternal combat. When asked which wolf will win, the grandfather replies," the one you feed". I believe "feeding" could be dopamine boosts.

Well, that, that's not really a real answer, but you know what hey, at least that's something. I mean, technically actually you're absolutely right, you said it did is only depending on what you call good or evil, and asking that like the person asking this question would be capable of knowing that, at least that's not just simply pointing out the obvious and calling it pretending it to be there answer is that they themselves don't know but also be saying it at the same time that there is be, being a right answer at all too. Not even any between any of these people do they have a single intelligent well thought out response between all of those ones here, good answer!

There are inherant laws of the universe, like "gravity", but these have nothing to do with what people call good or evil.

I suspect morality arose as a set of rules so we humans can live without being in fear of our neighbors

I think people as a group are stupid herd animals that look after their immediate interests. You only need to look at politics. People will vote for whoever offers them the most free stuff with no though for future consequences.
Or that the way people consume the lies that they are fed everyday from the media of those with any authority despite how wrong they may be.

Well, at least you're honest. People could be able or capable to answer and know a right reply, but then again, that doesn't really matter does it because there either is a right answer or none at all, so the best basically anyone could ever ask you is to be honest. I mean, I think you're right, for whatever the reason, but at least you're honest too.

I think human beings are inherently evil. The exact opposite of what most people think. You know how most will say “ children are born innocent and society corrupts them” or the ole blank slate argument. I think it’s limitations of our environment, our family, our community, and our government that restrains our evil capacities. If evolution and Survival of the fittest is correct this would have to be true. Kill the others or be killed. Some species have the capacity for cooperation like ours does. We have learned how to survive and propagate the species by cooperating with one another by a moral code that ensures our survival. Take baby’s for example, selfish as hell. Can’t relate to others. Only concerned about its own gratification. Cries when it doesn’t get what it wants. Gets jealous when it doesn’t get attention. Does not want to share attention with other babies. An adult with that behavior would not be tolerated. When it gets a certain age it’s basically beat into submission by parents, other children, and then the adult world when it grows of age. Told how to behave or it will die. We all survive and thrive when everybody cooperates with each other.

You rightly recognize selfish behavior, especially in children. However, I don't think your argument for evil following as a consequence of evolution is convincing.

You might like to read Richard Dawkins' "The Selfish Gene." Its a truly fascinating and well written work. It would sharpen up your understanding of evolution by natural selection.

In it, Dawkins argues for the 'gene' as the only possible unit that natural selection can actually be acting on. Not individuals or species. This view, as illustrated in this book-long consideration of it, explains the phenomenon called altruism. It also explains how individuals, selfish though they must frequently be, can and in fact do (Dawkins is an evolutionary biologist who specializes in Darwinian theory and animal behavior) actually demonstrate quite 'nice' behavior too. The mechanics of this explanation involve concepts like 'evolutionary stable strategies' and the fact that copies of many genes are actually shared by many members of a population.

thanks for your comment Andre. I realize I didn’t go into the details as much as I’d like. There’s only so much space to write. Thanks for the recommended reading. I’ll take this as an opportunity to sharpen my argument like you said.

Damn, you just killed any argument that I had, if I could have been arguing with you too. I don't know what that guy is talking about, I don't even believe in evolution and I even do believe you right now. I'm sure, that. Yeah, that wasn't you're intentions to be making that your argument, I'm sure, but, holy shit.

@Iamthedairyking I mean, I could be arguing with you, but. I got to admit, you make a pretty good point too though.

Are Chimpanzees Good or Evil? Are Lions or Elephants Good or Evil? Humans are a species of animal. Once you realize that, a lot of things start to make sense.

Humans are concious of our own suffering, and the suffering of others, we are capable of a wider array of choice when it comes to acting in the world, and we can deem certain choices are good, others bad, and some evil. With your argument you could say Gengis Khan wasn't bad, he was just acting as an animal , but that would neglect ones concious ability to choose their course of actions for better or worse.

@Marcus_Aurelius So you are saying that because my argument leads to a conclusion you don't like or can't accept (you could say Gengis Khan wasn't bad, he was just acting as an animal) therefore it is incorrect? No. I disagree. Many things I would rather not believe are true. Once you accept that human beings are a species of primate, things start to make sense.

@Dgg1229 No, I am not only saying the outcome is faulty, but the issue is also with the premise. Humans have a greater range of moral, and ethical choices, because unlike chimpanzees we are able to conceptualize and abstract ideas and actions to a greater capacity, and therefore we, in principal, have a moral obligation to act with greater integrity and more morally than a chimpanzee or a lion. Since we are superior than animals in this way, it is only natural that we are held to a higher standard. And it is not that we are unlike animals, we are animals, but we are capable of creating, and acting out a variety of complex, moral systems that we invent, which is unarguably better than acting out what it is merely in our primal nature to do.

If you argue, we are just chimps and lions, it is a morally relativist claim, and renders you incapable of even judging the quality of my argument with any merit. You cannot say my argument is bad, because you have already abstained from making moral judgments, as, from the merit of your own argument, it is just in my nature to argue, like all humans, and humans are not to be held by a standard any different than chimps or lions. On top of this, you can't even say it is good to be logical, because that is also a moral claim.

Unless you would like to elaborate beyond, "Once you accept that human beings are a species of primate, things start to make sense.", which I do, and which is not an argument of any substance, you just come off as a moral relativist and are unable to make any moral claims concerning human nature.

By the way, if I did mischaracterize, or perhaps misunderstand your argument, please let me know, as I would prefer to debate your actual ideas, rather than my misconceptions of them.

@Marcus_Aurelius Are you assuming that we have Free Will? The prevailing thought in Cognitive Science now is that we do not. Free Will is an illusion. [blogs.scientificamerican.com] In fact, this idea is so generally accepted that philosophers who are not willing to let go of the concept of Free Will have redefined it under the name of Compatibalism (moving the goalposts). As for judging your argument - I would never judge it good or bad, only valid, invalid, sound or unsound. What we hope to get out of our arguments is Truth. And the truth is what it is. There is no good truth or bad truth.

@Dgg1229 As far as I have gone into the free will debate (not far at all), and I did read this article, it seems to me that people are taking evidence that indicates that in certain scenarios, which are dependent on quick reaction times, which show maps of the brain where decision making are made subconsciously, indicating that there could not be premeditated decisions making, therefore no free will. This however, does not negate one's ability to preconceive a scenario, build a mental map of options, and select a path forward based on any number of desired factors. So I do imagine that there are definite limits to human will, but we do have the ability to will nonetheless.

"It is certainly not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable; it is with precisely this charm that it entices subtler minds. It seems that the hundred times refuted theory of 'free will' owes its continued existence to this charm alone - : again and again there comes along someone who feels he is strong enough to refute it."

A point I can't get over laughing with because it rings quite true, from Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil.

I like Nietzsche's idea of good and evil. He calls the individual's having their own virtues, or what they believe to be righteous which is beyond good and evil. A collectivist perspective however would see through something being evil for inflicting hate (as we have seen far left snowflakes do), but it is more complex than that. As long as we can all agree what is evil (such as Nazism, totalitarianism) then we can discuss from their but person virtue without killing someone is beyond black and white.

Yeah, that kind of sounds like something that the Devil would say, wow.

Everyone has the capacity invest in creative or destructive behaviour. I think it boils down individual choice.

You're right, yeah, everyone has the capacity. That's the end, that's not really a real answer, but I think i don't think even if I think or thought it was, was, ever I mean, I doubt highly its highly liking i wouldn't be one to agree with you otherwise, so anyways. Like, I still think that you're answer response to being asked is just as still interesting too though.

To the pure, all things are pure. if we see everyone as evil, maybe we should look within.

What? Thats you're, well alright, if the pure are seeing all as pure and those correctly if saying they see all as evil maybe would be should to be looking within then, then, how can you answer this question being asked, I assume that you'd try or have a reply basically, so, which is it then, if evil only would exist in the eyes of a truly benevolent being, being a truly benevolent being, then how is that it you think, is that, your real answer or just what you'd think, if, you are pure, would you even have to look within even if you did only happen, see happeningly, that all you see is evil in the world, would you, if so, then this is just as a reasonable question to ask, would you then, maybe, if it be were to be that you were to be evil then, then and then only see all as evil too?

I hope that's just what you think and not your real answer. I guessed this, I am not calling you wrong, its just, if that is your right real answer to you, would you happen to think so too? I don't know, I don't know if its true or that if it was right that I might be able to know that too whether being good or evil myself as well too, if I could know based solely only your one answer here, then I wouldn't even have to be, me asking this of you right now.

@caseyxsharp What is evil to one may not be evil to another.

@dmatic You're right, yeah, I guess you're right, that's right. but, besides that point, besides that, I was thinking that you had more than that, so like is it do you have a real right answer to you is that right, or that, or that you're saying now without that point being in the way that you're simply telling this what is this is only what you're thinking that you've been thinking now of only trying to say, either one is fine, my first reply I thought that might have formed a solution to me for myself because I just can't tell with you, now I really don't know really, in my mind it's like either like you have a real answer like this is the conclusion you think you know to you so to you this is right like the right answer you'd be thinking, or, it's, you really don't know nd you're simply only not trying just to say but you're trying to say that this that this what would be is would be what you'd be thinking like you had a real right answer to you that's like you are saying. I still believe it's true, like you either have a right answer to you or, you don't. I don't know of which that is to you.

So, so far, it would seems, seem yeah, like that I'll still be interested in basically like pretty much be being me who's interested in what you're about o say right now, yet, I still don't know. For all I know you're probably not really saying anything at all, but, you could be, you could be also just making points making them be made to be stacked upon each other for a greater point that you've thus far yet to be saying. That's what it sounds like though. Because, damn, like yeah, you do still make a pretty good point though, I don't know if that's intentional or not but you do. I honestly wasn't even expecting that at all. Alright, so it I guess get more interesting to pay attention to what others say that I can't understand. I don't know, or you could just be prodding me to spill what I happen to think just about what you say right now just now. This is why I'm wanting to know, now you got my attention, so I'm wanting to know now. I also can say, this, I don't think if this were would to have just taken a different turn right now, that I don't think that that if it did that it could have be being taking a turn for the better or far worse in this conversation if not for just right now too. Alright, screw it, just tell me so at least I'll know then.

@caseyxsharp It's like the old story that can be modified thusly: A poor poor family had a child who really really wanted a pony, but with no way to feed it the child's desire looked to be a pipedream. Well, wouldn't you know it, another family decided to give their pony to the child. Isn't that wonderfully 'good' said the townspeople to the wise man. He answered, "We'll see". A short time later the young man was riding the horse and fell off, breaking his leg. The townspeople told the wise man: "Isn't that a bad evil thing that happened to the young man?" The wise man replied: "We'll see". Thereafter a war broke out among adjoining countries and the gov't came to the poor family and desired to conscript the young man to join the army, but since his leg was broken they dismissed him. The townspeople rejoiced and told the wise man...Isn't that a good thing? He said, of course, "We'll see". And on and on the story goes...What appears to be evil often ends up being good and what can appear to be good can often end up being evil.

@dmatic Yeah I can't argue with you there. I mean not that I can. I can tell you that I would happen to believe a little something different than that though, I mean too, even if I were going to try to refute that proclaimed statement. I will tell you that I don't even know what I believe, humans kind of have there own little thing that's just going on around me out there, I wouldn't say that for myself that I believe the notion of answering this question means anything, at least not to me, I can't with a straight face be telling you something like this that evil can possibly exist and on the other hand I will say though that even if I knew that humans were in actuality without a doubt evil like that I wouldn't even believe it myself if even it must be true rather that it is, do I believe evil is real and exists and do I believe that humans are definitely evil themselves without any intervention, yes, I do, but that's not what I mean, I made up my mind already about the human race, if it is to be believed, then, I don't subscribe to the norms of society no matter what the truth might be, I will burn it to the ground or take a gun and shoot society's social norms in the face, except, with that aside, I don't myself that I know of have any whatsoever reason to believe this like I do that I've realized, it's a thing to me like I think that if any one person were to ask me those two question right there, then I'd be telling those people that do that I actually do know why that I do believe this it's just it's not any reason for me to, and here's why that I think that and if you accept it also the reason for that right there too, I think that humans are practically stupid, i's like that old saying goes and is what is bad for one person might not be so bad to another, exactly, that's what I mean, m answer would be humans are stupid, if you can't figure out why something is bad for you then you shouldn't be the one now to be simply saying to other people that the reason that it's bad for you is only because you think that it's bad for you, like that right there what is bad for one person might not be so bad for another person, see, that's stupid, but humans don't know this they only like to think that they do.

I haven't yet told you what I actually believe, so I'm sorry right now if this is going to be a lot to take in.

I meant it, when, I had said that I have to tell you that I have no reason for me to believe this myself, like I don't but I just do, it's better than me saying I think this because this is what I think of this right now, I am one that actually knows why that I do believe this, and I have gotta tell you now since now that you've heard that now, it's, not because some other people were ever telling me to right there, if I'm going to tell another person what I think, then I'm going to you can bet on it that I'm going to be the one to do it right now, like this, not like that, like not like this for example right now, so, I wouldn't start by telling them that thing something is bad for them, I would have to start with a question, such like, wouldn't you agree with the statement, just it's about to make being making right now, what it be, this, do you think that social norms are a bad thing, because I can't know what one human to another or that some other person is going to tell me and be them telling me that what they think is really what the think unless they agree with me or until they tell me they disagree, are social norms bad in our human race, I've had arguments with people about this, see they never agree with me, but why though, would you agree that they are do be bad and we should abolish them, I would have to say yes, and it's not what I know, it's what I think is why, democracy kills itself, can and, is it, arguably called a good thing or a bad thing, yes same as, this anything out there right now, but let me ask you then if you have no opinion so far, let me just ask you, is there could for any reason at all even whatsoever like at all it a reason to, ever, be the one to call something a bad thing calling it a bad thing, if, this happens to be the care right here, that you're wondering why it is right, alright, well so, is there any reason to be ever to call some thing bad if, you're reason for doing so is like that because you think it could be a bad thing for you, a real any reasonable person would say this like this no of course not, but that's the thing about with all these humans right now, they think, they don't actually, I mean, they think that this thing like democracy is really a real good thing right now too, and, that's the problem with that, that thing, democracy, you see because, what is democracy, the majority of the vote right wins, isn't that correct, so, what if like, this is what, all of the people in the room are all only thinking that you're bad and that is or they think that whatever a thing is that is a bad thing right now only because they happen to be thinking it too themselves, and what if it's not and what if you're so not such a bad person just for thinking it let alone believing that it's not too and to yourself in there at that room, well pretty much obviously, you're not going to win and, you're not going to ever be able to prove to those people thinking because they think that it's not such a bad thing aftercall like you do happen to think, in which case therefore, what is democracy, majority vote always wins, and that's to be believed that it, is it, it's must be a good thing too right, who says, now if you heard all of that, lets watch what really happens on the stage of life when the curtain is pulled there half way to curtains up, this isn't so even in a trial for democracy either, if, so if that's why democracy is being called a right good thing and believed to be to people to believe that's a correct good thing right now, then , what about, this means that if this is the case and it's up there right now for all of the world to see, who is supposed to be making the right or wrong call about it for anything that is it to be believed neither and either is it, that, I mean a real good thing or a real bad thing for anyone right now, the only chance that anyone ever had to truly prove, it proved, convince, anyone else right now, was, is if all of the people, were to, just, to have believed that it was and is, and that just left the stage when it was pushed out of a room by democracy this thing that like what alight right oh yeah that this the people everyone else to be to have believed that it should have been too, now does that sound, good to you,

So, then like what I was asking, my question was, then how, why is it, why is it, then, that it has to be them the people to have that be with the belief that social norms are really such a real good thing in society, right, good, how is it, I mean what I mean is, the question here is, why if then because it's but because that is it that people think it is but because they think that must be it that people must be the ones, oh sorry what I meant to say was right, oh right, because other people someone, else, must to be, to be the ones to have believed it first, if anyone else is to be ever to be the one to had have believed it at all? I wouldn't, my bad, I am trying to say now, I wouldn't simply just, simply just, like that right there, be ever the one to even be the one to a person to at all argue against, that, democracy, this thing right here that we can all, agree upon agree upon right that it is a good thing if it is to be must be to be to have been does be believed by the people too, this is why, this is why, why, that, it's not the people that knows these things right now, and right now, you see, like why, it's because humans, because people think that that this thing that this thing democracy to them people that why it's so good is why it's why that it's just that just like that right there so a good thing right now, democracy was dead for a long time, the Romans had thought that they had discovered a lasting treasure too, and we all seen how that turned out didn't we, do you really need someone else to be telling you that why that you're wrong is right, right, that, you are because you are wrong, no, and if it's humans that think this, well, well then, we're going to have a problem then aren't we, and there it is thing thing alright democracy is off there right there sucking and sucking on it's thumb in the corner while people like these get to think that how what's right, what is why it be is right that why, is because, those they are the people that would be thinking all along that they are right about but because what they think they are right about is right that is right, I mean to them. It's not right. Why anyone, would ever be thinking, I mean, I can't even imagine a person let alone real people even be being the ones who are ever even to think just imagining that this is right here this thing people believe. That thing to me, I mean that it's just like, that I mean, well oh I mean yeah, what am I trying to say right now, oh yeah, what the hell is that, hold on, you want to know what that is to me, I honestly like right now gotta be honest with you right now all that thing is, you see, I had a psychic ability all my life, I was a person capable and powerful enough to control reality and the world with using my ability I did it for years all my life I had it too, I mean, what, you thought when I said these humans, I didn't mean to say it like that but so, I was a lot of people, one of the things like I've been and I was this thing a person I was, excuse me, I was yeah, I was called the King Of Space, I didn't have, what is that thing call again, an opinion, right, person with own opinion, on this, or about this , thing, I mean, before, I wasn't even in this world when that think was like many of the most thinks conjured by humans, like that, a human concept constructed by humans to be to and like that I say and is a human concept, I know what a human concept is, this thing was just, simply just was like was like a thing that just sprang up into existence all because humans existed, I mean I don't mean that it was ever created by humans, but, it was like just that, basically, a consequential side effect of humans existing, of humans existing too, there is no logic that I reason with you with that I would say reasonably is the reason for because that thing exists right now, Democracy is something different, humans don't just realize what it is, they haven't yet, I doubt they will but that's not important, it, democracy, is like not a human concept but at the same time it was or is the at the same time a human concept that is but it is just like a human concept too, kind of like the concept of God, that's like democracy is to to humans, and I say even too to that even reasonably so too I would say so too, I mean, this is stupid and I do think so myself it's just that, this is also very the reason is that, I said humans don't know this, yet, because is what they can't figure it out as humans, now I would have to say so yes, it's they think that like this something just for something some reason whatever the reason now, right now, it's all like they think that they be in need of being to belief and to be thinking that I say so they people I mean humans alright they was thinking that it's humans that would have must been in need being humans to have used logic and reasoning just like, like just to, be, believing in this thing called democracy and that it be right and that it be good must be good so good to them in, that order, for to be it is good democracy, does that make more sense now, and, just listen to what I'm telling ya, you know what I think, I think it's bullshit, it's just dirty trash to me, something like that, I liked to have believed, or sorry, I mean liked to of have been thinking that I maybe I would, could, have probably figured out the reason for myself too though, also and it was, this crap, this though, now truth be told I couldn't ever even imagine any one person ever believing in this thing let alone ever be the kinds of people those people that been thinking it's a good thing too, anyway, let me digress, I am way out of the mark here, like Sandra Bullock in that movie, haha, no, that was a joke, I was only telling you this so that I could be the one me to be I who tells you just what I be thinking about this right now, I mean now, alright right, none of that all was here or there and kept missing the point now here, I was saying, I never or don't ever just simply want to be telling others what I think, like especially about humans also what humans think, but, I didn't mean to say all that just now about all of that, that stuff, but alright, here we goe, I am saying is one of the things I told you was I have a psychic ability and now now for the other thing, there was, I reason am I thinking this right now, it is, that because I was that guy the King Of Space, that I seen this thing, and it was far away, it s like I see this thing as and see this thing far at to the the point that it's like if you could peer into eternity to see what's in there and so to you if because you blink that you blinked it was like that I blinked and while I did that it's just like if you did why that if you could that it would have been like to you is if like you seen kind of blinking that as you did you seen this small glimpse of what it looked like to you as if you just seen been looking at the human race as been being as just that like cavemen in a cave being cavemen, and, it's like right there, it's, you see this thing right in front of this small but big picture of all nothing but cavemen that is there Democracy and it's transparent to you apparently, because you blinked, you don't know what you seen, but it was there and you seen it because, you blinked, it was, I didn't make a point to be looking at this thing as this man a person, but whatever, regardless of what I'm saying right now, because it was like that, like that to me, I can't tell you what real opinion whether, would I have had to this point of me telling you that I seen this thing right now, I do have a thought though, it's simple, that thing to me right now it's like, I don't know it myself but, it's like looking at a thing possessing existence and it's like me and like that is it is like a thing to me that like a thing is one of my favorite games, I didn't like playing games then, I was the King Of Space, usually all humanity dies just before the game even begins to me when I play games with humans, so, it's weird looking and seeing that, that's a real thing right now, you're telling me that the King Of Space thinks seeing that it's weird to him, like who would ever believe this thing, democracy would ever be not such so a weird thing to someone, oh you're telling me right now, I still see this thing is a thing, and like that, wouldn't you know it, to me, that thing it's that it's like it is a thing playing games with you humans but that's the weird part that you're not hearing though because and is because it's playing trying to play games with you humans like that in a game like that a game that to you humans you think that you are able to win because that like a game is like a game that you can win too but though it's not right alright that it's on that matter to you humans the point the purpose of this game is that only not to lose this game, and look at it now, Democracy is that thing now to you all of you humans right now playing games with you, thinking that you are going to win too also. Do you think the King Of Space, plays games with humans if that person could? You wanted to know that what I was thinking about that stuff. I can't, argue with it, like I would if I be to be could to. That's not mine, that's a human fuck up, that's what it is though. I want to rip it's arm off. Oh, but wait, something is wrong with this picture now, oh that's right, because, democracy is dead, haaahahhhaahahhaaaahaahaaaa. Oh shit. I was thinking about it, maybe probably about flirting with the Devil if he that guy was me like me too, but, then, I seen this thing right here. It kind of, I don't know, makes my own space kingdom problems just kind of seem seeing like kind of, maybe, not just so enigmatic, why, because that, dude, that shit is fucked up dude. Hahahaa, hahaa, oh shit.

Did that tell you anything about all that we can be talking about right now? Mm, that's what I'm talking about. King Of Space.

I was going to tell you why that I think this now though myself. Now I can do it. I don't know this though, you think that if that like I was telling you that like this that about what why that I think, that, this is me, me right now that's trying to tell you that, this is like me telling you that this is what I think right now that this is me telling you what I about that I am thinking I thinking right now about that thing. This isn't me telling you that right now, alright. I thought that might have made the point clear if I had said that to you. This, is what I be am thinking here right now. I don't know this, any of this all of this about this thing, now if you could ask now me that I think evil exists and that humans are evil, Just remember, this is me trying to tell you, that right now. If you think this thing is bad, right now, then you should put on your scuba gear, because you're about to hear some real deep shit right now.

I don't try to tell my thoughts to humans when they ask me, I have no reason or logic to think to tell be telling it about that to humans. But, if you'd ask me then, I'll be telling you then. I have it to say, evil, is real, evil, does exist, are humans evil then, humans are evil because, humans are evil. What do you have to think about that now? This is why, logic and reason, I don't try to ever say it. People like to think some real stupid shit, you couldn't even ask me right now what I think, if not for me just to be the one to tell you right now that, that if not for that just that logical reason right there, the why that I think that, is, not just because I think that knowing that humans are either stupid as this, it's not, it's, it's because humans are stupid, just like that, simply that just that knowing what a person like me thinks about evil and humans being evil rather they are, whether or they are too, you think, that I can be the one to be one to tell humans that even if I did know and I could even if I could? I don't know, is that what you're thinking?

So, that's what I think. Now let you tell you what else and might if you could believe it be it my logic and reasoning for thinking this if there is such a thing as evil and evil humans. But, don't take this from me, not that human concepts mean anything. So listen to this, then this is what I think thought too. I had to tell you all that, for just for you to be able to understand this right now and this isn't me trying to tell you this either if you get this too. I start telling you what I think here. That or, I mean, logic and reason, no, just listen to this right now, the reason that I tell you this, this is what I think about good and evil that humans be, alright, so now, here, think about this, this, goodness, what do humans know about goodness, nothing, at all, whether it is to be it or rather that it just does exist actually, humans know nothing, and certainly not anything about real goodness, believe me I'd rather have you ask me then too what I think about if goodness exists, but this isn't something that I can possibly ever tell you, I know humans, it's not that goodness is incomprehensible to humans it's just that humans don't know what it is, do, how can I possibly be the one to be one to try telling you what real goodness is I mean that or that if you'd think that I think that goodness if such a thing could be is and does be to exist right now, I can try but there's no point in it, goodness either is real or it isn't, isn't that how it works with humans, so, goodness does exist, but it's not viably real to humans, humans they will never know it is whether it does or doesn't, and now you can ask me now, how do I know this to know to think this myself, the answer is quiet simple you see, if it did exist, it wouldn't only have to be real just to humans, but it's humans, they think that it does and that it must exist, just, for it goodness to be real to them, then they like to think that they would know what it is too, I know it does believe me and I can't even be tell telling you that if that it does or doesn't exist to you right now, see, this is what I mean, do you think it does, humans they think that it must be that and that it must be good, just for it, to be good to them too though also, ridiculous, no logical and reasonable entity being, would ever be like, likely, so to be, thinking that, that, humans are the only creatures in this whole entire universe to ever think so, and you know what too, too, let me say this if you let me say so, I will say this, that's, the thing human right here, humans they don't even know this though, and they are, they are, the ones that think it too, it doesn't make any sense, you could have heard me say this when I was telling you that I am the King Of Space right now and not even a real human, I should have too, maybe I just didn't even think of it myself but, I should have already just told said this to you, should have told you, this now, you don't need any human fabricated logic or reasoning for humans to think or believe that democracy is either a good thing or a bad thing or that or any to be thinking or believing that you either think or know what you do know is real goodness whether, that's it, it, right there that just was all, all just right there, you don't though, I don't don't have any fucking idea why I know why humans think that what they like to know thinking that think they think they would like to know what real goodness is to them, it's fucked up, but here I be, am I probably talking to a human right now that might not even know this too though themselves, I don't know and I can't possibly say for sure, and it's not because me because knowing or not, it's because you, humans, it's you humans that is the reason that I both can and can't be the one to be saying this to you right now that I talk to you right now to about, humans are not good beings, they are just humans, you don't need to think you know it or not, it's just, it is just what it is, humans are not good creatures though, because they're not too, they are only humans, and, they'd like to think that they know because, for that very logical reason that I can understand too while none of what I am right now is human like real humans right now, this, is why, that what I think, I think, I do think that humans, are stupid, stupid, humans are stupid, but they are just humans too, didn't you expect there to be more, because I did, and this is what the best reason that right now humans can ever even give me to which is why as to why that is that goodness is real right now, it's just stupid, so how come isn't not just humans right now that think this too, goodness is real and does exist, but, humans, because humans, they like to think now that it's people too that think, oh but what they think that's right they know now that it's people right now that must think they know people like to know what good, what real goodness really, be, really be it is, like oh my God right now dude, humans dude, that's the most stupidest thig that I ever could have ever just simply imagined that another person have ever told, did, to tell talking telling me that about that before in my life, that's so stupid, stupid, it's stupid, this is just about democracy, this is only about this, even, this isn't even about badness or evil about that yet, it's already fucked up beyond recognition right now but I digress yeah, I do, now let me tell you about evil now, that's just what humans kept thinking about that, goodness, now just imagine without me having to tell you right now, what about this evil that humans could be thinking about evil right now, it's just, alright, no, I don't think I can say to you humans, humans know what real evil even is that it does would is be, but let me tell you, alright,

This, is why that, I, wasn't trying to tell you this, about that, evil, right now.

Oh boy that's good, now I'm talking like I could have been, like I could have been right now. Is good and evil real? Here' let me show you if you don't believe me. There is no question about this anymore, good and evil, either, does exist or it doesn't, which will it be do you think, this is why that I ask you, if you thought that you would know what real goodness is if you seen it, I will be, the one, to tell you what evil exists then, it's easy to see isn't it, but, let now me ask you then, this, if you know think you know what goodness is if you seen it, what happens when if you seen real evil, will real goodness ever be real to you right again, I don't know, I can only tell you what it is, it is real right now, existing, and is, existing, to be to be what humans cannot ever know, is it real to them and to humans, I present to you this question that I have to ask you now, if you were actually at actually be able to see real evil, if you could, then, will good even be what really exists to you if it is real to you then, because, I'd have this to say, I don't think that it would, to be, to you too, I don't know this because, because,

footnote- see this is where it pays off to be a real Christian Apalogeticist that debates every single day all day about that each and and every day all day long with these atheists that would happen to call me wrong, stupid humans, because, this is the morality argument right now, are humans the ones that decide what they know is right and wrong what is right and wrong, or is it what Christians have to say, which is, that, God, that's God that decides what humans all people could, would, be being knowing what is right and wrong, the answer, it doesn't take a genius to figure this out, it doesn't even take a real smart human genius too even, that, I mean too even, it's a real answer that can be believed right now, I'm about to tell you, them atheists, they, happen to be thinking that it's only a matter of what you decide what is right and wrong, and they will walk up debating and down the street all God damn day long too, always be telling you, that, that it's people are what decides what people think is, I am the one right now to tell you have to tell you right now that's wrong and, no it's not, and this is why by don't take this from me, if that's what you're thinking too, that it's people in a society that have different things right now then that are like that are like for them either good or bad while to some other societies at this current time that will don't to think that is either good or bad even though because this other society thinks it is, and that is your reasoning that to you, you think that, then it really is, it is, it just is people that choose and to decide what this is to them to themselves, you'd be wrong, then, why because it's like this, if it is to be believed that humans are able are capable too like even are able to know what is truly really right or wrong right now, then, this cannot be possibly, it cannot possibly be that's what, the reason that, reason, that you think of trying to say this right now if that's really what you're to think, right now, just imagine this, these thoughts you'd be having about this Idea that you think you know, you're only very own reason for reasoning to yourself that this is what you know like why that you thinking it right now is because, only because, one thing, this, you can only be the one to be having to say that because, only because, what you think you know is that it's the truth, that, it's that you humans were ever the ones capable of being able to, being capable is not the same definition of being able whether humans believe it so or not, but, humans, yeah humans like to have be, been, thinking so haven't they, if that were you right now, you'd only be saying that is like that so because why that is it's because that only you were able to say that at least just that you'd think that what you know is that humans are even able to even capable of be to be being able to too, but that's what's wrong with thinking that's so now though, the question isn't fucking, fucking, God damn it that do you think humans other humans are capable of knowing right and wrong, like, right and wrong like humans do, that thought just smells like a fart man whoever thought of it, if it was that it was people, that people, were able to capably, possibly, to ever, ever to, be ever able to what know what is really right and wrong, then you have to know then, people cannot exist in within a, any, real society even to, to what, decide to think, think, that it's just could be people that think they can, because like that, they have to know, if there are any reasons for why which that for why for there being all any of these different societies that have different beliefs that differ over that or be are really not the same morals as the other societies, there can be only one reason, because this, if you thought so thinking this like I happened to too, then that must mean there is only one, reason, for this why for why this is for why that is, the question was, do you think that people are the ones that decide and know right and wrong too then, if people are what decide this in a society, like social norms, then, if it's the societies that be different very much is the different reasons actually that really is why for that what these societies be different like morally, then no, they couldn't be, not like that, because, no societies could ever just be existing and to that then be societies of people then who are capable of deciding this even too, it's wrong, if, all that you're ever going to do is debate with someone what for why that you think that humans are the ones that do know right and wrong, you better be able to tell me something different then, than, what all of these atheists just tried to be telling me too, which is that as a matter of fact it's just people that just do know right and wrong, no, that's stupid, and if anyone tries telling me that right now, then you'd be right, I don't care what they think and I will be the one right now to be telling those people then, then, you are the wrong one here.

END OF FOOTNOTE

I will say at that thought, if anyone ever told me that, I say, this you cannot know be one to, know, this right here, I can tell you right now, that, evil is real and evil does exist too, but that's not I have to tell you if you think could thinking that is what I am saying to you right now too, that was intentional by the way if you caught that, Listen I have and can to say could say to you right now this is what I think, evil cannot possibly exist, at least what you'd must be thinking though at the thought of that, real evil, oh, it's real alright, but that's not what I'm saying about that right now, you see I believe that I think that, this, the reason, for the, reason for that is that evil cannot possibly truly exist the reason, is because, I tell you that now that I can now that if evil did exist, then what about good, good must exist if evil exists too, I mean, isn't that just, logical, right pretty much point proven, hence, niche, ^...... so, would you know what evil looks like if it was looking straight right at you, but alright I'll tell you what I think, I believe differently, I could try to explain why, but listen to this instead, this is what I believe tell me what you think, I believe that, if evil real evil were real and existed to humans then yes that must mean, before ever since before ever something truly bad were to be, were to be, since to be being, then, it is only reasonably to think that before, that ever happens, truly, in the very moment before it does happen, to contain existence as truly being evil, that means, that is, that something good must have, to have had, possibly, come out of that, in that moment right now, and it's true, you think, or you would like to think that you would like to know what evil looks like if you could maybe see it, but, just like that, you think that you do know what it is to you could it be that you could ever be able to know what good is to you is what goodness is to you, just like humans do, too.

That was all that I had to say on this matter, I wasn't going to debate you. That's why that I had to be the one to say this right now. You're response to me was, just what that what you said was it that you thought in your reply, like that, you don't know it be, but, what happens to be good, it turns, be, turning being to be what is evil and what is evil turns turning in the end at the end too it could be was turns to being a good thing too, well, I wasn't going to debate you. That's the answer that any of these humans should have been the ones to have given me, but what I don't like, is when it's, people, like those other people they, make it sound, like just like they know or that they don't know but then act like they do and pretend like oh that's their, real answers too. I don't pretend to be evil, or know what it is, if only being asked, I mean, yes, if I was a good or bad human, believe me then, if I was, then, I would be the one to tell you, just if I was to tell you that I am a good or bad human. If people happen, to like to think, thinking that it be that, they don't understand thinking me be bad, thinking me to be bad like they be thinking, then because they think it, then, that's there's problem too, I never claimed to be a good person so, and so, why would I ever be the one to be one to could ever be possibly pretending like that I am that I am, because, I'm not. And now, that, is people right now, if I were just to try to tell you what I think about just, think, thinking, what I believe being me is, is to be, really real to me, is, be it about good or evil, all that only the thing that you can do right now is this, trust me, right now, right now that this is what I believe to me that I would be telling you to tell you then, this, this is what I think like if I could, sorry, I mean like if I could be able to tell you that like whether or anything that I may be either good or bad, a bad human person. No one ever knows what real goodness is, because, these mother fucking dumbasses right here, these people right here, they only like to be thinking that they know what real evil is, and, here I am, I am here, to be the one, that does, tell you them that I am and do tell them that they are wrong too.

I believe, that this world and in our universe this universe, that there is such thing as real and unreal being really or not so really evil or good right now, I'm not saying that God is what decides that for people like or I mean humans yeah, because I don't want to be that person, I'm only that person that's going to be, the one to be, telling you that if you told me right now that what you think is you don't know but you think that humans are able to be either rightly so good or bad, I'm going to be who is that is telling you that you're wrong right now and that is, just me too. This is what I know, myself, I was never going to let listen to anyone kept trying to tell me what they think is either right or wrong. I was going to tell them they are all wrong, just like, and, they are all stupid humans too also though. Alright, now I'm done. So tell me what you think? Oh but yeah, if you yeah wanted to know a real reason for that, that I should say humans are evil and not good themselves, this, here I'll be able to tell you this too, too, the reason is because, I didn't ever have to be a human to think this even, literally, I thought, even before I knew myself this, that, for if each person does something bad, or evil, in this world, then what so matters is the truth is that, that for each of those single events, in reality, or if someone were does do a good thing a thing really good too even, each one of those things right now, I'm able to tell you that I think what I think what I think is, that if one bad or one good thing happens, another counter opposite reaction happens somewhere else, else, in the world, somewhere else in the world, world, but I can't just tell you that either and have then have you then be the one to believe it then can I now, right now? See, this is why that you shouldn't believe what other people keep trying to tell you is right, in reality, because people are stupid.

@caseyxsharp Wow. I think that is the longest reply I've ever attempted to read! Thanks. Of course, it is God who defines good and evil. He created them both! For His purposes. To come into agreement with Him is the key, the goal. Humans do not define what is right and wrong, either....God does. God Bless you!

@dmatic Yeah, well it was that I could come here to look for and to be talking about to talk about being good or evil with other some people, though too. I wasn't expecting what you should be to think that about that if you would, I was like literally all but only expecting that one of human you peoples that one of you would be talking about it just so that I would be able to talk about it that too, so you know. I wasn't just trying to be the one here now and be the one talking to you right now about this, this, about this. But I did just come here in here right now to be all just that got that to you I could get to be right now to you right now, I think that I do really know just how to define just what real good or bad would be, to you humans, I mean, yeah uhh, that, that is kind of is that what just the whole point is right now that I could be telling you right now, because, I'm not a human like you either, I, am the real because of I me of I am and I am the Devil Satan because I am, so, you would think, yeah, I, would have been here to, be telling you this right now just so, you know right now, that, that too.

I glad, you say that though, though. I mean, and, because it's that like that I didn't have to be the one right now, to be the who is just is who is trying to just to be here right now, and be telling you that this about this right now, about this right now though too. I mean, yeah, I could tell you that's great because and that's I mean exactly why that I'm here right now telling you this about this right now about this, just so you know too this. Well, anyways, I yeah so and I just guess then this, so, if that was one is my intended purpose here, so I just guess then, so I would guess then I guess mission accomplished I guess then, just so you'd to just know this right now so. I wasn't expecting to be able to right now either. This was just my intended goal.

To understand my view on this topic, some of my metaphysics should be laid out.
My thinking about the universe is least abused by ideas like determinism and a block universe.
I do think good and evil exist, but not in the way many people probably do. Behavior is good where it enlightens, edifies, and ameliorates suffering. Good supports and generates well-being. To keep my views of well-being brief, it is useful here, I think, to say I align very strongly with Sam Harris's way of illuminating this idea.
Behavior is evil when senseless suffering increases, such as when people tell untruths with conviction, mutilate other beings, or manipulate others with selfish consequences.
Good and evil can be in the form of intentions or in consequences, each befitting of slightly different descriptions but united by a similar character.
People (and animals and some plants) exhibit all sorts of behavior. Some good, some evil. The answer depends on the landscape of possible behaviors the flows out from the potential seeded into us by our evolutionary history and takes shape in the present environment.
On the whole, do I think people are more good or more evil? I'm afraid I don't see a clear answer.

I see that, huuuhh. Not that I expected anyone just to come out and lay that out there but hey, just, huuuhh. I see, it's, inherent is what that is, I'm talking to you, so about that, I got to have to tell you then, that's not an, idea, that's solely just inherent, hold on except but don't confuse or misunderstand me right now, that is a very real possibility all that of what you were saying too though, I wasn't talking about that, like that age old inherent question that not just any everyone would or any of that which is everyone should because they would be asking this if not for ourselves but for us ourselves that is everyone would be asking if this was truly inherent, no, that's not what I mean, although, that's for real actually, like actually, true too, this is what I meant, no need to ask this me for me and to me, this, this is why, because, it's evil, even if it can't be believed, just if it could be, that does be believe like possibly to we, me and you, anyone really, that real evil it's true it does exist truly, then it shouldn't matter, if that was really actually the right real question, is this, is this the truth that for all that must be to which be and must be that to those who have to ask this question now is like it's either inherent that yeah or or if it because is known to be right in within us that we all must be the ones now to ask this question right now is it that if it's truly actually really inherent within us and knowing now we know now, as we have known this, it's just this does that mean it must mean now to us that we must be the actual ones to have asked this question now to just and to be ones that having known is that we do that we do know this is the right answer now that must be at which to be why that we must ask this now ourselves just to know. Well, I mean, if that's the case, then, I think we can do that one even better now though. If we all know this now, we should be able to, that's what I think.

Believe too, I get it, it, the picture, it's not clear right now, we shouldn't just so easily forget that we have something we have do have this picture still although be it been unclear to us, so, let me see if this reaches even you too, what, what if, I say and we can identify one on the same thing that accurately details the presence f this thing, picture, what about if the same we are using could be also using it to identify the same thing that is clear to us about this thing that can we then I think we can then say is, it is, the same thing between us that we both now is that thing without either ourselves having to clearly identify like identifying that this clearly is for each of us that we think like we know would know that is this the same thing that to you as it is to me between us without us even have to be the two like to be that would be can able to say that we do know this now we know this is the that same thing that we both know but and it not be clear to either one of us too and like it that right there it be what we both can say now is that very thing that we agree us we agree that it is actually that it is really that same unclear thing that just happens to be present here between us right now, you might just simply say just trying to be, be able to try to say, that it just is impossible now then, because, how can we know then, we do not, you see that like that, if we did, we could only be the ones right now that it would we could be it that is the only ones right now that if we did just so as much as seen that it could be, that then, then it would be to us both too just if we did could though, we ask this now, why, but, because, we don't know this do we, wouldn't you think so that we both could have been maybe wanting to, right, well then yeah, we don't know, but, the thing is here right now still, it's that if you said that it, it's impossible right now too, I only would be able to say to you right now, then well it's not like you're wrong are you, I don't know, you could still be right, that or neither one of us could be and that thing we see it might even be the same thing, as a matter of fact, we could actually still literally be looking at straight two different things entirely too thinking we're the one we're thinking correctly about it, I mean also we could be doing that, so do you want to hear what I had in mind then or not, I'll kick this off, lets start with me, I'll start by coming to say this right now, how about this, then lets forget about this entirely then but if that's correct then we don't have any use for this question no matter what, it's not like we did already, I can say this, this then, then what I say that it's because of this that this is and it or will be about to be what I'm going to say then, it doesn't matter at all, do you still want to be who hears what I'm thinking right now too, I can't stop being the one here now too, so, depending on what you'd say now, if you still did wanted to know for real, like is this even the right question is this even the good question that we should be asking right now, that's alright, this is why, if, you did, because if you do, then I'll have this to say too, now take everything that you've been hearing that you've had have heard from me up until to this point right now and do it throw it in the trash just crumple and trash it, do that right now, remember now remember, this is I can say this that this is what can say and that which it is what I will be saying to you now right now assuming that you've cared to know what I wished too also, I do have this that to I it's that what I wanted to say now, let me take what you've come to say yourself and use it now right now, this question, to you, to it, you've never, been able to use any right answer for this question before that you've known ever known of that worked for you, so just, if you let me take what you were could, going to have, been saying now to this too right now to this, I do believe, that, I can be the one to answer this question then myself and still it could be still be the right real right answer that at least one of us would have known by now too, I'm not only going to take what you said and say what I think about it, I'm going to use it right now, lets see if this works then, who knows maybe we will be who are is the first people to really find out why scientists happen, happened to call cavemen, cavemen too, alright, here we goe then if you're with me or not right now just pick a side and stick to it, you either do agree or you don't agree, we for one, can't know this for sure unless I be the one to say this is why that you will right now, it goes like this, for me to say this I mean and for you to be able to know this too, so, here's a question will I'm about to ask you, first maybe this right here, you said this that this is what you said before, that, if it's not that good or evil are the same to me and you, to, to the both f s right now, then, to you you'll, you'd be yeah, saying, that then maybe then, it's not just that it's depending solely upon the intentions or consequences of what we do that we do, but, it really does happen to because it happens to actually depend upon our actions, so without me now, know now that this what you mean let me ask you this then, so alright, that right, you mean that's correct to you, what you're really sayin right now it's not just what you're trying to say right now which is it's our actions that makes you think so even, it could it's that you could actually be trying to say to me right now this is what you meant by that, that, it happens it is chooses or what I mean now is that people that chose who chose that and do chose right now to do be the ones to make those actions right now, is that why, right, that you've been able to come to say this yourself right now that I'm asking, to you, you don't it's you don't know because you tried to find out yourself for yourself before and you couldn't, is that correct, right correct or not correct, so, would you happen to respond replying to me then if I said this either matters or not right now, would you, with, it's either to you because you right now can't see that clear image yourself right now, but, or this, it's because but you've never could be the one able to ever to be able to never have you ever just seen anyone, no one, ever, to have made that choice themselves to have been able to choose for themselves and, and it still be the right answer to you and right the right answer to you still like still it could be and not only would be if you were to be the one to make your own choice in this matter, why then, because you've only ever been being the one to ever be able to see and that's all that you can see right now is just or only just those people right now this is why that you don't know which or you were to be wondering too, this, you can't because you know why for which it is because that they those people can be the ones making this choice right now but why you cannot ever be the one to understand now that which is then why then for those people right now do they not know this even if they do not understand their own actions themselves? This is my answer, to you, if you said all of that stuff to me before now, and, like it mattered, if you think that you would be able to have the right answer right now, which, no matter what choice that you choose that you chose to be chosen to you, would you still be the one to say this that you think you have the right answer to you, even without and can't even say yourself, if, just if, this to you the right answer is to you I mean this to you is the right answer to you because you've, been, the one to, to you this is the right answer to you, because and is, to you, you've chosen this as that, it, the right answer to you like this is why you would ever say, this is to you the, right answer, to you, right now too?

So like I was saying, it's that, this, it's either mattering right now or it's not, then, would it be then, that if you don't know and you think you do that it's why that is because why that you don't know, what you'd choose, because, if this didn't matter, like because you don't know what to choose right now, then, could you be the one to ever to be able to say that this what you've chosen, it is, it is the right answer, to you, right now, because why and is because that's why though because you don't think you know if this picture is clear enough to you for to you for you to too though, or that it's just an unclear picture in which case no matter what you decide to choose or chose yourself to decide it still just doesn't matter to you, you too even?

What did you think that I was doing, going to do?

I see what you mean, that's good, except for. If it does, could, have happened to be right now, that this right now, it's, not inherent, right, for which is why that all along we were the one to have chosen to ask this question for ourselves to ourselves, too though, like we do and must have done, how will, you, eve, be, the one, to have now right here looking at this yourself, could you have ever, able to be for to be able to, to be able to, oh I know, ever, have ever, ever, really known to yourself, that to yourself this is why that it matters to us that to us we have to be the ones now to choose that it does? I know why, because it does. I don't even have to be the one right now, to have to have seen that, that, that this was ever the real right answer to me, for me to ever know that ever if you chose it did to you.

Now, and that's why that I'm going to say now, this is why it is not our actions alone that you say matters to which that matters or not of to what is why that people be are to be good or evil only due to our actions at all, clearly, one of us right now has to be wrong then, and, it's not why, it's me right now, it's because this, see this, this, this is why, because, it's like I was saying, I was the one saying all along right now and still too now even that I do, this was, do you understand me, was, an inherent thing, or put simpler an actual real really inherent evil, right now too. You would be, the one to think to be saying so uhh, my eyes they can't even see anything, when it would have been you, you, that didn't just reach up and adjust the goggles when the eye vision doctor keeps on asking and having to ask you can you see this, I can only believe that I agree with you just so far still but, you're only excuse right now, that you chose to have for this, you're telling me it was this thing, this, right now, you the only reason that you can say that you don't know right now, it's, it's because you don't know because you what you don't know is just if it could be that other people, those people to you they keep being the ones to be fucking you up right now making things unclear. No, evil is, it is inherent to itself, unfortunately, you have to be able to see the clear picture in order for you to be able to see it. I don't know what you're going to do now, or if this even matters right now to you, but, good luck with that then, no matter, it, what you happen to decide now. Hey you know what, I think I really, like this picture now.

I think we (humans) are born with the potential for both extreme goodness and implacable evil. Depending on our environment, personal experience, and appearance shape us for who we are. It's also a continuous battle; the fight for good and evil. Whether they continue to make the right or wrong choice, continuing to do either will load their brain with convincing evidence for either case and could change their perception of themselves.

We are just the results of complex chemistry and therefore morally neutral. But we have an infinite capacity for both.

I don't know about infinite because people, but because for people, you're right humans are morally nuetral, there is no high ground is there?

We are born inherently evil. Children do not learn to lie, it is natural.

Oh boy finally someone that just says what they think. I mean, seriously I think that was good but real good.

I believe in good. I believe in evil. I believe people can be either. But, NATURALLY... people are neither. People are naturally selfish which is neither good or evil in a natural sense.

Imagine a child raised by nature. No other human influences, could anything this person does be considered good or evil? I think not. It is knowledge that creates good and evil. Our capacity for knowledge gives us our capacity for good and evil.

Because we're human, I believe that we're inherently evil, with the capacity to do good.

I can't tell if that's you an older version of Joe Dirt right now, but, whatever that you just said, yeah that, whatever you just said, that was good, really good Joe Dirt I mean I like digging gardens too so.

Evil with the potential to be good. My reading of history won’t let me answer any more favourably of my fellow man.

Oh, that's. Well, hell yeah, I thought was a reason that humans kept an old history book for all of these years for something, what's it been now, haha, oh that's right, right, well it has, it, has been over 2,000 years since someone was able to say that I mean this. Oh, and look at that too, I guess no one actually really I mean ever had to just write a book about it you know or anything, anything like that for someone to believe it, huuuhh. I really like your answer.

I think we each have a deep capacity for evil that is often misportrayed as something that is nobly repressed. In reapity, you need that evil side to contend with and understand the evil parts of the world and of other people. So we are both, but we can harness the "evil" side and use it for good by not giving in to the tempting delights of destruction while not repressing them either.

People are complicated, my reckoning is that a lot of how people behave has to do with their environment, and the kind of leaders they are exposed to.

The nature of people are to be ‘evil’... in the sense of being driven towards a selfish and self serving destructive nature. That is based on the drive to survive, and to climb above others. Ideological motivators create a means towards goodness and caring. Those motivators are a human construct that also established civilizations. Hense the phrase, to be civil. It’s what separate humans from other animals.

First we need to define what constitutes good and what constitutes evil. Good for kne may be evil for another. I know from personal experience, before I gave up meat and dairy, I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with killing animals for food...we need out protein right? But since. I've changed my tune. Now, I see the idea of it as being evil in the respect that we are their enemy, regardless of our intentions...to them we are evil. Regardless, yea, there is a such thing as good and a such thing as evil, bit to define and box in just what it is would be as subjective as your favorite flavor food.
Next we need to decide if either is a natural thing in our psyche. We have all heard of nature vs nurture. This is it. Is good and evil a natural part of being a person. I believe it is. It is one ththiththinththiththing common to all societies. But, again, it varies in degree and acceptability of each in certain circumstances. We can be taught one thing as good in one community, and the opposite in another. But that's not the question. The question is if it's natural in a person. Yes, its naturally there (nature) but as to what is good and what is bad is subjective (nurture).

I have to say that you, it's you, that has that backwards. If you don't know so, well, that's why you don't think so. I do think so. I also think, but, so you thought this is it hat would define me as either good or evil, I don't even think that I can be good or evil myself, and, I do know, that I'm the most evil thing that any of you humans ever that you will ever see in your entire lives. You thought it was nature or nurture, that did this to me. Just remember then, you thought so.

People are naturally tribal.

I think to define what is universally good and universally evil, a benchmark standard has to be used as a reference. For some, that is the life example of Jesus. For others, the life example of Mohammed which is very different. And for atheists or agnostics, it may take a little from column A and a little from column B,C,D etc... or not at all. Anyway, that's where I'm at right now with this topic.

An interesting concept right here, I think I'd like to hold onto this one. Yeah, for all that I know, this could be important someday.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20404
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.