slug.com slug.com

1 1

LINK Discussion: Sam Harris, the IDW and the left - YouTube

Thought this was an interesting video.

SpikeTalon 10 Feb 15

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks - good video. I am a bit confused as to where JP stands. It would be very easy to take from this video a very right wing / free market view - that is, hierarchies are natural, poverty is more moral than ecomomic, that poor people should work on moral responsibility, etc. this would seem to lead to a conservative view of a small state, less welfare, low taxes. Does it? This is perhaps overly practical for JP - but I am interested in where he stands on this - and the logic of his position - as I can’t work it out. Thanks

In another video he said liberals and conservatives need each other, the one to revivify social structures, the other to maintain them. My guess is he thinks we need to talk this out, slowly and painfully

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20042
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.