slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (151 - 175)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am very new to on line interaction beyond email. I didn't begin texting until just last year so I really don't know enough to even suggest. What I have seen so far I find compelling and feel remarkably at ease with. I have been an internet user since Windows 98 but have avoided social media like plague. An acquaintance suggested your site because of its promise of "free speechiness." Thus far I am pleased and also heartened to know that we, as users, are encouraged to offer our ideas. Thanks.

I'm a leftist shock horror who is interested in actually bridgebuilding, talking and listening to people. If this is truly a place for free speech and discussion think it'd be nice to have some leftist groups on here, either full of left people or more AMAs and more controlled forums. (Although I will give credit one thing I like is the editing options and maybe expanding those in a clear way that users can take advantage of would be a great advancement 😀)

Welcome!

If you are of European ancestry and are Christian, then you are totally confused. Europeans were earth loving pagans until the control freak Romans forcibly converted them. Just be educated for real. No respect in just following the herd.

Source:

History

Good topic for a post or group 🙂

Hey! It would be neat if you could develop an app! Also it feels like there’s no way to categorize groups for level 1 users when browsing which could be a helpful thing!

Slug.com app is in the stores now 🙂 We have groups categorized... check the "+ More" button.

Can you please tell me if there is a way to search for a post? I already use the magnifying glass. As I scroll through posts I have noticed that if I enter a post to see if it might be the one I am looking for, there is no way to return to my search. A back button out of the post would permit me to continue on searching

Mind trying again? We just updated how the results are listed/sorted

Just signed up, thanks to [slug.com]
I like to make cartoons and movies.
Please watch, like, share, and subscribe to my YT channel:

I enjoyed that, thanks 🙂

@Creamegg Thank you🙂

I will be happy to pass on the existence of this site to others who would be interested in being involved.

My only two wishes would be: To better define "new" additions to comments or reactions in contrast to those I have already seen. Some kind of flag or color to show new vs. old. The only other wish would be to allow using non standard words, such as using I-apostrophe-m instead of I am, or I-apostrophe-d instead of I would, or can-apostrophe-t instead of I can not as examples. Just a little more freedom to be expressive. As well, there are numerous references to organizations or companies or government departments (whatever) that are simply not in the dictionary, so I am unable to reference them in a post because the site tells me to fix the spelling or I can not send it. Other than that it's a great site. I am considering creating a group or site and call it "creativity". I think promoting people's creative nature would be a popular interest to pursue. The arts of all kinds, creating art, writing, creating anything is creativity and I suspect being open to encourage it in people who may not have confidence in being creative would be a positive thing. Does that sound like a reasonable idea? Do I have to do any baby sitting of a site if I create that site, like to be some kind of overseer?

I agree, save repeatedly going back to previously read comments

Automatic poll generated, when an entity is "banned" from Youtube or Facebook (esp. with more than 5000 followers/subscribers, and with more than a year on the platform). If sufficient interest exists (from poll result) then add them. (Like Mike Adams on Natural News dot com) Thank you.

Excellent idea!

I am also happy see a forum where free-speech is not suppressed. I consider myself fairly moderate and never use anything close to hateful language and yet it appears that my comments are being suppressed on Facebook. There is often a FB message regarding some comments being filtered out but Facebook refuses to disclose the full criteria used for such screening. Comments that particularly seemed to get suppressed were questions or skepticism of the anthropogenic warming hysteria. Climate change could be a worthwhile group suggestion if one does not already exist. Another suggestion would be a Meghan Murphy group.

I also have a bit of difficulty with the IDW name but I understand the logic behind it after listening to Weinstein. Perhaps a change of name would be worth considering. Perhaps something along the lines of "Intellectual Freedom of Expression Web".

Your password field on Registration is not encrypted

Yes, all fields are encrypted now. Send a PM if you want more info. Thanks!

@Admin No it's not

Nice pickup

Nice to be around people with true American values.

Hey im a Canadian. Lol.

and I'm Australian

I am an active educator and on the ground actionist and content producer in the counter jihad movement. I am a public speaker and movement leader. You can find my articles and videos at laurencomememorris.com

Welcome!

....just joined, please allow a month or so of reading content !

Brand new here just learning to navigate it.

I seen Dr. Peterson here in Phx . Az. and I hold that as special as seeing Led Zepplin's last concert in germany

Did I see that an app is available?

Yes both app stores.

The Moderator of the economics forum is called Leninsghost. You have someone identifying as a communist in charge of a market economics group on a free speech website.
This is like having a neo-nazi moderate a race relations forum.
This in the very least is very bad PR, worse in my experiance people like that don't understand the topic and continually fuck up. Now I don't want to be to hard on the guy but modding a more suitable group may be his forte? Maybe how to feed hosepipes from the exaust into the back of the van while taking people to the Gulags?

Seriously though, debating extremists is fine but do you want them running stuff?

Yes. Very true. Didnt check out Admin but very uncomfortable with a Communist being involved.

Firstly, that guy isn't very active on here anymore. Second, screen names can be quite deceiving. During my time on here I've had quite a few decent conversations with LeninsGhost, and while I didn't always agree with him he never struck me as a communist. Actually get to know someone first before you judge them based on an online pseudonym.

@nessrobbo Online pseudonyms can be deceiving... did you even bother to make contact with LeninsGhost before passing judgment on him? He never struck me as a communist.

@SpikeTalon Lenins ghost does not leave much to the imagination and you are right i haven't spoken to him but bare in mind a few things.
1 there is a theory that most organisations go from right or centre to left as they get run by those sort of agents and a lot of people are ignorant of how it corrupts.

2 Far left has a history of infiltrating groups to take them over.

1. I thought posting openly would avoid any sneakiness, running to a mod for example, I should of tagged him with hindsight.

@leninsghost

@CookieMonster Based on my past convos with him, I think he's pretty conservative. You are right about the infiltration part, and this site has already had its share of far leftists.

There is so much chaos and conflict in the world today. This is a direct result of the UN globalists trying to force the New World Order communism on the entire world. The most prosperous and peaceful countries are ones whose laws and constitutions are based in Judeo Christian values. Yet these values and our democratic processes are being purposefully weaponized and used against us to force massive taxation/theft of wealth for ‘redistribution’, open borders, to import criminality and allow doctrines that practice misogyny, child abuse, human trafficking and other very evil things. We need to stop identity politics, victim groups, political correctness, in all its forms. Because Trudeau, Notley, Singh and May are UN globalists seeking to end fossil fuel use in 10 years, Canada is now on the verge of separation by the west, specifically Alberta and Saskatchewan.
I support this and would like to see discussions on the American Constitution and Amendments. If we’re going to leave, we must have much stronger foundational laws and a constitution based on those laws. In particular I’d like to see discussions on the Electoral College which corrects elections and prevents the kind of power imbalance Canada now has. As well, the ‘natural born citizen’ law that prevents anyone not born on American soil from a paternal lineage of at least 2 consecutive generations. We could use some intelligent discussions and understandings of these kinds of things if we plan to avoid making the same mistakes that got us where we are today. Indeed, I believe this may well be the last chance we get to get this done. Observing our young people today, they are quite uneducated, unmotivated and too entitled as they buy the lies of cultural Marxism being pushed on them in colleges and universities everywhere. Thanks for your consideration.

Well I thought the same thing until recently. There is a video on YouTube that is almost 3 hours long and wow. Start researching Jesuits. If you search YouTube you can hopefully still find the extremely detailed documentary. It appears that the pope is behind it all. It sounds crazy. Watch the documentary and get back to me.

@drptree hello...I’ll see if I can find that video. Not surprised at all about Jesuits, the Vatican and such.
I’ve become aware over the last 18 months of an evil cabal headed by some 13 families that has running the entire world for centuries. I’m new to this platform but excited to be here. I have great respect for Jordan Peterson and many of his colleagues who put this together. Hoping it can stay open, respectful and free.

Just allow free though and expressions. Allow people to say what they feel without blocking their right to free speech.

I support that, while treating the other with courtesy.

Just joined after I saw the ad on facebook. This is going to be AWESOME.

Welcome!

I just want you to have a good and honest site. Weed out the trolls and keep it civil.

Thanks, we too!

Wow did I just find freedom of thought, the ability to say whats on my mind with being shut down for wrong think? So glad to see a site that is open and engaging.

Let's engage!

I can't wait to try this thing out a bit. I can already see some nice features, and I sure you will be developing further as you go along. The spell check is nice.

Thanks!

You're doing just fine. Keep up the good work.

I have high hopes for the IDW, it's been too long since we've strapped ourselves to the social media feedbag that tells is all to step in line and think the same or be ostracised.
I was caught up in the "this side or the other" battle, but I got worn out and chose to go speak face to face to people with all views, constantly reminding myself not to follow any emotion or ideals down a rabbit hole ...to listen, and then respond knowing, I am not here to change minds, and yet, if there is a reason, I'm willing to change...or at the very least, further open my mind.
High hopes IDW....high hopes.

Best of luck or stay in your lane

We're trying... thanks

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.