slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (351 - 375)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We must have Free Speech. plain and simple. I remember being a late teen and working 2 years with slightly older Jimmy was saying to me "I think I'm getting the boot" right enough boss walked over "Can I have a word with you??" Jimmy replied "Just tell me here" boss replied "Well were thinking of letting you go we don't know." Jimmy replies "Look Pal, are you sacking me or not ??" Boss Nods. "I hate people who pussy around the fn bush, cut the fn BS " Straight talking truth, Honesty. Things just stay with you all your days

Didn't Trump just say "You're fired!"? Wish he was a better communicator.

We need to be able to search by member name and not just username.

You wish is my command... you can now do that on the "Browse Members" page.

How VIABLE, useful are we? How can we IMPACT what most of us here see happening?
Venting(expressing?) makes us pitiful, a big laugh. Yet this intelligent community does not join thugs.
This is a conundrum to me.
One thing, we MUST act in tandem, no single heroes riding off never to be seen again.
Another, we need actual lawyers for when stuff happens.
Lawyers sharing our passion.
Glad to help.
Thanks for asking.

Each site should have an access box to display use and intention to allow visitors to ascertain whether they wish to make a donation to a Just Cause! I would also include a advertisement of the general purpose of this Organization!

First off when i sined up you ask for my birth date you ONLY need the Year but i can't continue if i don't put in the day and month. That is not Necessary Ai Only Needs to know that I'm Over 21 ! I'm WAY OVER 21

Yeah, I think we should just have a "check here if you're over 18" or "at least this civil"?

Just found this site thanks to Sydney Watson. I never thought I would be joining a site because my cultural and political views are considered "wrong". I'm from America, and what I see is a bit concerning to me. I always was taught that the U.S. was a place where people were allowed to speak their mind, I mean it's the first in our Bill Of Rights, the inalienable and untouchable rights excluded from governmental control. I am concerned that this intolerance that has grown as of late, and seems to be growing in other places in the world, will lead to violence at some point. Either violence from those who still wish for the freedom of expression, or violence from those intolerant of those who wish for free expression. Joining this site, I kinda feel like I am sitting in a canoe headed down the river, and I've just seen the last sign warning me of the waterfall ahead. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

We are at a turning point on free speech with political demographic changes to enable one-party rule... with corresponding dangers of thought coercion.

Just joined, but my first comment is that the email confirmation email was caught by Outlook spam filter. I'm unsure if others will be, but some part of at least that email might need to be reformatted to reach new users.

Thanks for the heads up. We'll have to investigate this.

It is overly complicated and needs to be more contiguous. Checking another status should not stop the thread you are on completely.

We are always making design adjustments based on feedback/etc. What do you mean by "checking another status"? Another post? Notification?

Only after I become fully immersed in the site.

Perhaps an app!

You got it! Check the app stores 🙂

Allow us to upload videos besides using links.

You can upload/record up to 2 minute videos with your posts. We are considering doing same for replies.

The system said that my email address was already in use. Can I sign up twice? I have other user names that are available. Please advise.

Perhaps you are already on IDW.community? Both that and Slug.com point to the same website as we're transitioning to Slug.com

Please help keep the freedom of speech here I'll let you know I am a pagan truck driver from the United States I have been persecuted for my religion throughout my life and for the color of my skin because I'm white I haven't pestered that I'm only allowed to be a Christian because some people think that's the only thing you're allowed to be in this country and now the Christians are complaining that they're the ones being persecuted by then they should just be happy they're part of our club now now they know how we feel but certainly I don't think Christians are going to care about what happens to anyone else but themselves history shows that's usually the case

thats a lot of assumptions about Christians as a whole when the actual thing you are experiencing is people suck. life is hard on everyone. hang in there !

Feel free to make a post about this.

I'm a young Canadian entering the field of custom PC building. I am seeking a place to be among like minded individuals (Conservatives and Centre Right) while also being able to ask technical questions as well.

I hope we can be friends I am a Christian Conservative Libertarian. Living in Middle Tennessee USA. I would like to know about the single payer Healthcare, in Canada. I am a disable Veteran an the Veteran Administration is close to being Single payer healthcare in the US.

welcome!

OK, I'm a technology challenged individual so could be its all here and I just don't find it intuitive. Keep that in mind with this suggestion. I don't come here for all the public but for the heavyweights. And I spend a lot of time in a cabin with no internet. So what I'd like to do is find a way to download podcasts from the heavyweights for future viewing and/or listening - sometimes at the cabin and sometimes at the house where I DO have internet. Therefore, seems to me like a main selection at the homepage ought to be a podcast library for each of the heavyweights... Peterson, Shapiro, Harris, the Weinsteins, etc. Specifically up in the top banner with "POST", "Browse", "Groups" and "Learn" might it be a good idea to have "Podcast Library" indexed by the names that 'should' be the main attraction for this site for downloading purposes? If they are available and I just don't realize, please open my eyes. Thnx John

Welcome John - for many of the IDW types, we exist as an adjunct fan community so can discuss things independent of those creators. Many fans curate content and post links to videos/etc. We are also supporting community building for anyone in our groups.

You have to allow ALL points of view. Even if it seems non PC. The only free discussion is where intelligent people can hear Everything. Violence is the only taboo. People can say they don’t like my point or even that they don’t like ME! I am educated enough to hear everything and decide for MYSELF.

Does this site truly welcome even “HEATED Debate “. Or is it the same old right/left, Christian/Atheist, Prolife/pro choice rhetoric . Yaawwwn

LOL, a heated debate on FB would be turned to flames, tears, banning. Here, as you say, we respect each other's views even if they are. . .

Yes, civility is stressed heavily here so that we can keep discussions constructive. "Heated debate" is encouraged if both parties are interested in the greater good. We try to discourage one-sided stick bashing / trolls.

1. References/links to publications and institutes that deserve mention, or even a "group" is recommended. For eg, The Claremont Institute, The New Criterion, City Journal, etc.

I second this

Good idea and easy too. Copy and Paste [claremont.org]
or add the URL as a link in a new post.

We will add citation tags for posts.

I think the position for this forum is as a refuge for Reddit, which has become a propaganda wing of the CCP. I would welcome subs from Reddit to find refuge here.

I’d like to see unbiased, healthy discussion of alternative medicine and questioning of the medical Bureaucracy . I’d be interested in unfiltered discussion of psychedelics.

I’d be interested in a safe place to talk openly about ways we support Trump, without getting shouted down by “opposition”, while still allowing criticism of the administration without experiencing the same from the right.

Also some discussion of morality and religion that isn’t tied to Christ being a deity.

Perhaps also a safe place to criticize Islam and the catholic leadership as well..

Also an app would be nice.

Man, a “non-Abrahamic “! How refreshing

Piece of cake. Just start a group. The popularity will become evident. You can also promote your page. [slug.com]

@RyanLSumner app is live now

Kk i will i just joined so

Ask me later when I feel like I know something.

I think your doing very well.

Sorry, just found the "feedback" link just seconds after using your "contact" link for a suggestion. PM me if that will be difficult to find. Involved a recommendation for an index of works by luminaries this site features. Appreciate you folks!

I'm too new here to say anything critical but I pray this site takes off and puts fascistbook out of business. I've actually been blocked from commenting or posting until Sunday. My "crime"? I posted a link to this site. That's how afraid they are.

Just joined, primarily because of jaclyn Glenn, but also to find a new outlet for communication.

Welcome!

@Admin I'm not a techno geek, but I'd like to be able to share the pictures of what I make and do,as I'm not good at starting conversations, and at the moment I'm struggling with all this Corona virus s***. I live on my own, have no washing machine and because I have a cough I'm not going out. I can't go to a laundrette as I don't know if there open and may not be able to afford it.plus no money for 2 days till I get paid. Sorry for moaning, I haven't spoken to anyone for some time.

Absolutely. I am new here but I look forward to posting content on here. Jaclyn Glenn just told her viewers about this.

Thanks Jaclyn!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.