slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (251 - 275)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Love this idea, new to this phone, former flip phone user. I'm a techno peasant. So the easier to get on this site the better. As a registered independent with strongly conservative views it would be great to engage in intelligent thought processes without the gibberish found on Facebook. Thankyou.

Thank you for letting me join this group. I've just got here and joined up because I'm curious and I have an interest in some of the ideas on here.
Nothing concrete for you yet, just try not do what sites like twitter and Facebook do. If you do have ban people for hate speech or violating any community guidelines, please do it evenly across the political spectrum. Don't ban right wing ideas if you would give left wing ideas a pass and video versa. I do not believe in banning people at all unless they have done something very serious. Adults operating on social media should be trusted choose not associate with anyone who seeks insult or harass them.
Just some thoughts. Hope they're of any use. Thanks again and have a lovely day 🙂

I am interested to see how the dialogue develops. I have been caught between two extremes (as is the whole country), and I hope to find a place where we can consider ideas, no matter which political group condemns or endorses them. For example, I see the intersectionality disaster as, well, a disaster. But I am a kind person that acknowledges a person’s context while refusing to be taken captive by it.
I wholeheartedly embrace Jordan Peterson’s outlook (especially its acknowledgement of man’s good/evil nature, rejecting classic humanism), but I do disagree with him and others in his circle on some things, like their response to the Gillette ad. I believe in immigration control, but my best friends are undocumented. The list goes on. Anyhow, here’s hoping for a place where ideas matter.

Yes, we are going to evolve our forums into a mechanism to improve society. Evolution of process.

So it's been a couple of days on here, I've found almost interaction I've had seems to be coming from a place of wanting an answer. Not digging in across ideological lines. Watched a thread get heated, then it's like they remembered we're trying a different way and the debate continued it didn't get personal, and that is a two day thread.

I’m free at last from the sadness chains of FB and happy to have found you

Hope this sight can achieve diversity of opinions, with cordial discourse. God knows we don’t need anymore circle jerks. Where my lefty’s at holla at yo boy.

Your profile picture is beautiful!

I appreciate a place where we can gather in discussion without the concern of being Shadowbanned. Thank you.

Yeah, if you're banned, you'll know it 😉 We do have limits on the far left and far right but encourage arguments from anywhere that are based in thought, truth, and sincerity.

This is awesome! Not sure how you found me, but give me a chance to check all of this out and I will definitely give some feedback.

Excited to see an alternative platform! I've only been on the site for 15 minutes or so. I think it needs to be simplified a bit more or uncluttered.

Thanks for the feedback! Are their pages or features that you think we should focus on simplifying? Are you using desktop or mobile version?

I know the site is new but if my phone emojis could work that would be awesome... It keeps putting question marks and it would be so much better if it didn’t 🙂

Hmmm... we do support phone emojis. Will check later on it.

@Admin android or iphone? because my iphone emojis are coming up as question marks, thanks for the quick reply ?

@Admin ooo that one worked ?

@Admin ok, I don’t know why they weren’t working before but awesome, sorry to bother ya ????

Android app please! 🙂

Should be released in a week or so.

@SpikeTalon and others clamoring for an app. If you use Brave as you android browser, you can add the site to your homescreen and Voila! Applike availability.

@Paisley_Pirate That works too...

@SpikeTalon already doing that. But can't wait for the app 🙂

Limit the amount of groups a person can create. Not doing so will lead to a group explosion. countless repeats.

Admin can PM for specific example.

It would be great if we had a reddit-style system for down-voting commends and whole threads, something so we can use the will of the crowd to pick the best articles, comments, and to hide the trolls and malcontents organically. It might not seem all that important now, but if this site succeeds, it will be. SOme reasonable ratio of more dislikes than likes, or maybe twice as many dislikes as likes, will hide a comment, which can be unhidden.

This also takes a huge load off the moderators. The site will police itself, with the best comments articles rising, and the troll posts getting buried.

@Griggori yes good ideas! We have a bunch of "likes" categories but could include a down vote... Also we would need to make such voting easier to do. Thanks!

@Admin yeah, let’s get some good friendly competition to kick in #freemarket

@Admin The down vote is a good/bad idea. It promotes the mob rule mentality, which never works out. Ideas hold their own merit. If it comes down to an irrational person, no down votes will be needed. People will pick up on it and disregard the individual. My 2 cp.

Make it an app

Yes, apps are being tested this week and hopefully live in the next 7 days.

Great idea! Would love to see an icon on my home page instead of having to search everytime I want to check it out.

I am a UX designer. I know nothing as a rule but I am more than willing to help

Thanks! Happy to get your suggestions. You can send me a message on my profile page or use the contact form.

Keep it simple.
Use a point based system for desired participation.
The participation from the real guys is expected.

Yes, thanks. We have a point system to track all the activity 🙂

Make an app maybe

Working on it now 🙂

I decided to make a jokes and memes group but the formatting isn’t very picture friendly. I also experienced that as an issue when trying to share a picture of my cat. I think we can all agree growth will be difficult on any social media platform that doesn’t cater to cat sharing.. oh, yea, form of question... umm... what gives?

I’m also lvl 3 now and can’t find where to up my strength and dex... so that could be helpful 🙂

Will gladly do.

A month ago, I decided to make an all-out effort to develop and grow a group on IDW. However, since that time, IDW has become progressively worse.
Apparently there is no longer any support mechanism in place as now ALL inquiries are completely ignored.
The site has become v-e-r-y s-l-o-w to a point of being almost unusable.
Those who I had encouraged to sign up are now drifting away, after their rather negative experiences with the IDW site.
Are there any plans to bring the site up to speed and to start providing some support or has the IDW platform been left to die?

I need only money

I just posted a bunch of articles and none of them are showing up. Why???

Some of my posts do not get put up on yr site. (some after repeated attempts) Am I blocked or anything or being filtered and cut?? They simply do not show up after I try to post?? Am I and my thoughts not welcome here?? Just let me know and I'll leave if I'm not welcome here. I'm not here to spoil the party for you. I think I'm simply asking you "Why"?

I think it would be a good idea if free speech were allowed on the IDW. I know my posts do get removed even though I do sneak one through now and then. I would also like to read the posts by others who get removed. It is a difficult time now and opinions that do not agree with the mainstream can seem to be dangerous. There are posts on the IDW that I find disturbing and offensive, but it is the right of the person posting them to do so. There have been posts that I have disagreed with but later came to realize had merit.

Plzz help me

I am unable to activate my account on my Google mail.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.