slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (226 - 250)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Like many others, I am still perusing the site to see what it holds for me. I have noticed most of the comments I am reading are written with some intellect behind them. What a refreshing thing to see. I hope to become an active participant in this experiment.

Let me get settled. I'm sure I'll have some insight soon.??

I just joined, and I’m fiddling around trying to figure things out - very reddit feel as others have described. So far, I like the initial group prompts, but I feel like some of the posts are a few days old, and I feel left behind. I’d like to see newer, or “trending” on the site topics come up first (maybe this will get sorted out as I grow accustomed to the site). I was reading down a thread pretty far and visited someone’s profile; when I hit the back button it took me to the beginning of the thread, so I needed to scroll down for awhile to find where I left off. It’d be nice if that were fixed, but it’s not that big of a deal though. It’d be cool if trending/important Rogan, Peterson, Shapiro et al videos were uploaded daily - like a one stop shop for all your Peterson/Shapiro needs 🙂
I’m thrilled this platform FINALLY exists! Heck yeah, capitalism!

Hahah, too bad we're not for-profit (we're non-profit but yeah, capitalism helps pay the bills). I agree that we can do better in curating content so that there's a "need to know today" section that highlights today's best content. We're looking to hire someone to do this daily in the early morning. Stay tuned!

I've just joined this very minute, so I think I'll take a few days to look around, and see/read what's going on, then perhaps leave some comments of my own. I'm looking forward to this new experience.

I have just joined this site after hearing Ken Wilber and Jordan Peterson refer to it many times. It already feels good to be here where I do not need to watch my Ps and Qs as I think through thoughts to formulate ideas. Grateful to be in your company.

Welcome! We're starting out as a fan website of the IDW movement and are not currently endorsed by any public figure. Some of the prominent IDW figures know about us and we are just starting the outreach to more. Our goal is to coordinate the movement from the grass roots. Thanks!

Dont sell out.
Be a beacon of freedom.
Watch and protect your vision.

Thank you for including me in a group that seems to Want to apply Reason as a catalyst for discussion.

Just a little humor to start things off but in the profile section you ask if I am a beer or wine drinker. How about a whiskey drinker like myself? Just curious

Cheers!

Disable all emojis. No IDW adherents should want to use them anyway.

We've not seen much used here yet but can re-evaluate it later. Some people like their expressiveness.

@Admin It's your site, but I'd argue that there isn't much 'expressive' about emojis.

Thumbs up or down is enough.

Have a great day.

The left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird. Please allow dialogue and free speech to take us closer to the truth!

I mocked up this graphic up to suggest what you're saying about left/right extremist being the same. Good we're on the same page!

I was hoping to follow on facebook.

Idea's should flow or swim like fish in the the sea, you catch a fish you don't like you can always throw it back no dams necessary.

Glad to be part of the free thinkers.

Just signed up, largely due interest in the rare intellect of Jordan Peterson and also Dave Rubin.
Sick and tired of the far left bias of the MSM, lead in Australia by the publicly funded ABC.
Looking forward broad discussions of human influence on climate change.
I have been vilified as a skeptic and a denier, making out that because I doubt that we are the cause, that I do not believe that the climate is changing.
What the climate change cult doesn’t seem realize is that climate has always changed - otherwise we would still be stuck in the Ice Age. What has not been proven my satisfaction is that human activity is the main, or even a significant cause, nor that shutting down industry, transport and meat consumption would make one scrap of difference.
Sure, pollution and waste of resources is bad, but we are being leadup the garden path by this new cult.
PS
every decent scientist should be a true skeptic but the word has taken on a different and sinister meaning

You would enjoy Dave Rubin's interview of Alex Epstein

Will keep you posted on exciting update... 🙂

We are working to get more official endorsements and promotion. I've been in touch with a few key IDW public figures and we're working on a way to help each other. We are an official fan community that is focused on the ideas of the IDW and want to remain independent of any public figure. We're also 100% non-profit motivated but realize public figures need to make money. We are currently working on ways for our community to financially support the movement - prototype to go live later this week!

Perhaps one could consider it similar to we're the US Congress and they're the President(s)... BUT our relationship is synergistic and constructive as we seek truth and civility.

Thank you for asking. I’ll keep it in mind.

IPhone app?

We're making progress with the apps. We just got word that Android was approved (now waiting on it showing up in the store). For iPhone, it's still in the review process.

This is an excellent first step. Looking forward to see it grow. As for positive input, having links to content creators on BitChute, or even providing an IDW version, would be beneficial. Would be nice to Sargon of Akkad, Styxhexenhammer666, and Stefan Molyneaux, just to name a few, added to the lineup.

Yes, we've user created groups for them but perhaps Sargon should be bumped up to full IDW status.

I saw a news broadcast with the founder of YouTube, and she indicated new rules would restrict wild conspiracy theories clogging, or slowing it down! Really. How does the mainstream media restrict all of its conspiracy theories, especially about our president? They thrive on lies.

Thanks and congrats on coming together for the good of all of us. One of my biggest concerns is the hate we have become. It should be open to every idea that somethings wrong or right and be ok with that. More solutions on how to agree to disagree. I have seen all of you debate and brings hope that people can have a civil discussion but hitting and screaming to get a point a crossed is getting to be the norm. I also think this should start with the people at the top many who are on tv with the twisted face of anger telling us to fight against one another. I also would love to see some older seats in the house move a little quicker to bring in the new ideas. These kids are not given a chance to move into the big boy seats.

Thanks - perhaps we can be the antidote for hate?

I’m banned on FB for 6 months out of the year or longer, as well as a lifetime ban on Twitter. Da truff hurts!

Ah, so you come with a warning label. Nice! 🙂

Hello ..Just joined from Lil old New Zealand
I'm enthusiastic about this site as being also on a similar formate . I enjoy the groups consentrating on certain subjects.. I host a music group on another site & enjoy the posts and comments . As humerous or serious as they may be. . . I wanted to acknowledge the welcome given on joining . As a truly genuine human being from the States ( who will remain nameless (in case I contract foot in mouth ) . So thank you admin for existing , bringing a platform for otherwise voiceless .

Hi Mark, glad you made your way here. I think you'll like it on here as you'll be in good company (a majority of the membership on this site leans to the right). I started a libertarian group on here for conservatives/independents/and libertarians to discuss politics and exchange news stories, you are more than welcome to join.

@SpikeTalon I will scurry off to do that now .thanks Spike.... Our mutual friend Trajan61 reposted the link for me . As I was stricken with the flu when you first posted it and couldn't do a coherent reply any justice.
There is a very long and heartwarming thread .commenting on your departure and best wishes for the future.. Good people attract good people..

@Seriousreason Trajan had mentioned that to me on here via private message, and he's under the name Harleyman on here. Sorry to hear you were sick with the flu, hope you are feeling better. Could you get a screenshot of that thread you mentioned above? Again, glad you are on here, and this site so far is promising...

@SpikeTalon yea sure, will do.. Harleyman.. I like it. .. I will sort out your request very soon.. I'm currently out the door to a friends . But will follow up soon. Thanks for the " feeling better thoughts"".. I'm 80% better suppose to be back at work tomorrow.

I’m sure you’re thinking of it, but maybe try reaching out to the founders of the intellectual dark web and notify them of the sites existence

Maybe a "Collosium " where people can debate
in real time instead of threads growing with a debate between 2 people.

We have the ability to have a group chat and are working on video upload/playback. It all depends on how quickly we can grow the site.

@Admin chat will be very entertaining...something to look forward to

Don’t have any ideas for improving this as I just got on and don’t know much about what this will be like. I am interested in a place to have civil interesting discussions/debates though.

Make sure no speech is censored.
Make sure this platform grows, give it to everyone to use and make sure it never gets shut down. And most importantly allow ideas to grow in a responsible manner which is a idw value.

We would like members to conduct themselves in a way that is consistent with the mission of the community and ideals championed within.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.