slug.com slug.com

6 1

What exactly will it take to create a centre/right type of Google/Twitter/Facebook digital communications platform to be able to compete with the main stream media ? Something the 75 million Americans who voted for Trump would use.

skaarda 7 Jan 8

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It would need to be dark web, private access

Goliath mainframe Data centers largee than football fields, a linux? based mobile platform that can be installed and overwrite on apple, amazon, microsoft or android devices, and the willingness to collect every discoverable datapoint you could on the users to make it profitable

It will probably take a new or parralel internet

Tor?

@CuriousFury never heard of it, but will try and look into it. Can you give me a brief rundown? I'm not as tech inclined, I'm more of an outdoor, hands on type.

mewe.com

MeWe is the most like Fb and I'm guessing Parler is like Twitter

@FEWI True... haven't found much use for Parler yet, but I never had a Twitter account.

@rway It takes a while to get used to, but can be informative and first on updates. I stopped watching MSM so that's my "go to' for news.You can register without giving out any personal info (except email) but you can't comment on some particular posts and you don't get a badge. I guess it's their way of eliminating most troll activity. Hint: Legitimate celebrities have a gold badge and regular people who supplied their personal information have a red badge.

Thanks. Was unaware of MeWe as a social media/networking service. I note that for chat & texting you can access through Google Play or the Apple store. I guess I am thinking of something completely outside of their platforms; ie. without their eventual oversight.

@skaarda I just use a web browser

@rway Minds.com has been good, been on there for over four years now.

@SpikeTalon I have a Minds account... I should spend more time on it

@rway It's an interesting site.

I think a fair number of Canadians would use it too....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:169783
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.