slug.com slug.com

2 3

I'm posting this more for the comments than anything.

Question 1:

Do you think Trump should temporarily shut-down mainstream media so he can broadcast facts nationwide? He is banned from Facebook and Twitter? We all know the legacy media is beyond rotten. Is this a national emergency?

The President can no longer communicate with the population.

I find it unbelievable how uninformed people are in the U.S. I recently had a conversation with my father, who is a truther/contrarian. He's older and a technophobe, so he doesn't get any real news. He has no idea what's going on. I imagine most of the population doesn't know what is going on.

I recognize that shutting down-mainstream media is draconian. I realize it isn't suitable for a properly functioning Republic. I know that once we lose a right or give away power, we may not get it back.

*Another question 2😘 Is corruption so deep and wide in the U.S. that we need draconian measures?

*Side Note😘 I don't have the computer skills to do it. Somebody should come up with a "most wanted" list of politicians who track their significant decisions and scandals. Give them a score from Evil, chaotic good, good, etc. A resource that people could go to for real information—just a thought.

Tarpon 7 Jan 7

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1. This would be too late in the day. He should have done this on year 1 of his term. "Be as wise as serpents but as harmless as doves". If your enemies play dirty and you don't, you're predictable and a sitting duck. Freedom is overrated if doing shady things are lumped in. I wouldn't mind an iron fist so long as it is weilded by an upright leader who truly loves his people. I believe that a good leader needs to have the potential of being a "monster" when he needs to protect his own. Even when Christ returns, we are told, He will rule with a "rod of iron". We read in Ezekiel 38:18 "And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that My fury shall come up in My face. " That's no longer a teddy bear Jesus, that's a grizzly bear Jesus! I strongly suspect BLM rallyists, Pride marchers and Marxist brainwashers in academia will not just be getting prison terms under His Reign. Just like in the time of the Judges, justice will be indesputable and swift (only then was that the judges were corrupt). We read in Luke 19:27 "But those Mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before Me. " Rain will be withheld from nations that resist His rule, plus the plagues of Egypt. How cool is that! No aircraft carriers necessary.
    Of course His rod and His staff will be a comfort to those who fear Him, those whom He protects.

2. The corruption has crept into the joint chiefs (the only entity which can impose Draconian Measures), or else they wouldn't have agreed to storing military secrets in the Cloud (and paying for the disservice too - US$10B for 10 years to Microsoft). This is right about the stupidest decision they've ever made. Microsoft will make more than another US$10B just selling these secrets.

Corruption is so deep and widespread that our Republic is irreparably broken. Starting over with the Constitution and only the Constitution with less territory (cut the cancer off and let it descend into chaos and bankruptcy) and an additional amendment that states: A. Term limits for EVERY elected official and probably Supreme Court justices so they can't sit there forever), B. 1 page maximum for all laws and amendments, written in plain English so any literate person can read and understand, and C. no person can give a politician more than $20 and companies can NOT give a politician a dime.

And then we need to remain ever vigilant with watchdog groups hounding our elected officials. It should never be 'easy' or 'desirable' to be an elected official. Gotta keep the egos out somehow. That's the only thing I can think of to solve the problems.

Agree with all your responses.
I'd add that ALL foreign donations should be banned & the identities of those who donate be publicised.
Regarding an independent non-partisan watchdog will be difficult to establish - who'd nominate the members & monitor them?

@w0tn0t Yup, it would be difficult to keep something like that non-partisan. And I don't know how to nominate. Maybe, if we're talking a multiple party system (which it would inevitably descend into anyway), why not the members of the other party or parties choose who will monitor the other party. In today's words: Democrats pick monitors for Republicans and vice versa. Keep a hostile eye on each politico. Of course, that would encourage more fraud and false accusations, so it's a tough question.

The thing is, if you make being a politician SO uncomfortable and undesirable (they can't have their pork and they must follow their own mandates or it's prison time & whatever else We the People can think of to make it more uncomfortable), the less the egomaniacs will become politicians. Narcissists and egomaniacs want the path of least resistance, because they are fundamentally lazy. I'm not saying all, but enough are that the more undesirable we can make being a politician, the less of these lunatics we will have.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:169384
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.