slug.com slug.com

4 2

What do you think about jealousy (on a normal common level)? Where do you think it comes from?

Ciaociao 5 Jan 2

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Different reasons for it, one is just plain fear. The fear can come from any number of reasons/sources.

Insecurity is a reason to be jealous.

So is covetousness. You want the other person to be yours and yours alone, so if you see them giving any of their time to another, it can feel like a betrayal of your connection.

Pride could also come into play. You think you are something special (and everyone is special & unique in their own way) but, same as with covetousness, if you see your loved one giving time to someone else, it might hurt your pride. Especially if you are also subconsciously insecure or immature in emotions.

Good point of view. Sometimes I think that pride is the main reason, also because if someone cheats on you, that's something that makes you feel uncomfortable when other people know (even if, all in all, it should not be as you were not the betrayer)

@giorgia Grazie.

Insecurity. It seems to be a feeling that someone or something else is a threat to your relationship.
You can only feel that way, if you don't have complete confidence in the relationship in the first place; and complete confidence is pretty rare I think.

Interesting...but, if being jelaous is due with the confidence in a relationship, it's no longer a personal issue but it can change depending on the relationship you go through. I agree with this if you define jealousy like the feeling that your partner is cheating on you, but sometimes there is no rational reason to be jelaous, and in that case i guess it's just something personal that has nothing to do with confidence.

The answer is in the definition of the word.
For me, it's always been a suspicion that was later confirmed.

I'm sorry for you; but it's better to discover the sad truth rather than living in a comfortable lie

@giorgia It's also always better to find out that sad truth sooner, rather than be hurt by the even bigger lie later.

@Oomile so true!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:167743
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.