slug.com slug.com

1 1

Some people think that a God is mind boggling...
[bbc.co.uk]

#god
maxmaccc 7 Nov 30

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We live in a n-dimensional universe - as many as you need (want?) to "balance" your existence. Did you ever "get a feeling" about something you could not confirm though "normal" senses? You "feel" is a dimension of time/space that only you experience. You are both the source and the recipient of all - at the same time. Your existence is subject to the cumulative "feel" of all other sentience around you. Call it God - if you want. I think of it as "the universe" but I do not doubt its presence. Stop fighting it - It will become more of what you want it to be.

Everything you experience comes through your normal senses.
That is because we did not invent the “normal” senses. We observed them, studied them and understand them as such.
If we were to discover any new sense then we will again observe, study and add the to the “normal” senses.

You cannot “feel” other sentience around you. This has been tested many times over by placing people in isolation chambers.

Their nothing that you uniquely experience.
The N-dimensional world is just our attempt to understand the oddities in physics and does not pertain to our own experiences.
We experience only four dimensions, else religious scriptures would be full of it.

Your last sentence is of course correct.
Gods are exactly what we want them to be. That is why all gods creates closely resembles the people who worship them, both physically as well as emotionally and intellectually.

@Hanno I'm glad we agree on the remedy at least. My God doesn't go to church but he invites me in no matter how much I protest.

What particular feeling do you refer to exactly? We can describe four dimensions but we don't experiences it.
When you say "My God doesn't go to church but he invites me in no matter how much I protest." I don't doubt you're feeling something but how do you determine that, that feeling is God?

@maxmaccc It isn't a feeling like a smell or someone touching me. It's more like recognising something or remembering something. It's like the universe is making the best path forward known but the edges are blurry.

How do I know it's God? The only word that describes it is "faith". I know I experience better results when I I don't resist and go on the indicated path without any negative actions or emotional turmoil.

@cRaZyTMG That feeling you have could just as easily be chemicals interacting in your brain, you just don't know about them perhaps?
Have you heard of "third man syndrome" or "born again syndrome" sometimes also known as "bottom of the barrel syndrome"?
The mind is fascinating and we really are in two minds all the time.
Faith is the reason we give when we don't have any(or are unaware of) evidence.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:156609
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.