slug.com slug.com

2 1

And so it begins... Is the World Heading Towards Another Bretton Woods Moment? ... the IMF's SDR is suggested

[yahoo.com]

toronto_Georgia 8 Nov 26

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

James Rickards suggested this a few years ago. It's probably inevitable that the petrodollar will go the way of the greenback but it's hard to say when. The dollar has proved remarkably resistant to hyperinflation.

The last thing we need is a SDR. Y

For years many nations have wanted to use something other than USD. The Great Reset is the perfect time to bring in a new universal currency, although they are now talking about a crypto-based currency. Not sure SDR's will translate. I particularly don't want to see the IMF as the world master of currency. Any one familiar with the works of the Economic Hit Man would understand this.

@torontogal4388 Can you expand on the Economic Hit Man?

The New York Times was a different paper then. When Nixon took us off the gold standard, the NYTImes said "We unhesitatingly applaud the boldness with which Nixen has moved".

Textbook on world wealth: [jaymaron.com]

Energy is wealth. There is a tight correlation between a nation's energy production and its GDP.
See the right hand plot.

The left hand plot shows which elements could be used as currency.

@jaymaron I cannot remember the name of the Economic Hit Man, but he is real. Working with the International Monetary Fund and US government agencies, he would entice third world countries with all the funding they needed to build roads, power plants, etc. through the IMF. Repayment terms were always designed to ensure the country obtaining the funds would not be able to repay on the terms set in the agreements. With a guaranteed default the IMF could then go in an take over these countries economies as its right under the default terms which also included the right to place their own people in power to run the countries. This was done, as far as I know, from the early 60's and forward. [I'm hoping someone with a clearer memory than mine will chime in with more details and perhaps some corrections to my explanation]

@jaymaron

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:155225
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.