slug.com slug.com

1 1

The Million MAGA March counts people the way they count votes.

TheMiddleWay 8 Nov 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And the way Democrats counted votes in 2016...

@TheMiddleWay I was referring to the Russian hacking accusation, although they did complain alot about Clinton winning the popular vote, only problem there is the popular vote won't win you an Election.

For the last four years I've consistently heard about Russian collusion in the 2016 Election, which of course was never proven beyond any doubt. Now, looks like the Repubs are getting some sort of retribution in claiming cheating, just as the Dems did in 2016. Small wonder why I don't care for either of them. Hope Mr Biden is prepared, the next four years may be quite miserable for him, he might end up going through what Trump did, except this time it's the Repubs doing the complaining.

@TheMiddleWay Four years ago Clinton supporters came out in force to complain about the Election results, only difference there is that this time around Trump does appear to be making it more an issue than Clinton did.

Glad to hear you didn't buy into the collusion narrative. As for me, I've yet to see any credible evidence that any of our Elections were hacked or compromised. I remain open-minded to being proven wrong on that though, still waiting for evidence of a hack job...

I personally know Clinton supporters who did believe that somehow Trump stole the 2016 Election, so I have to disagree on that.

No argument from me on the last part, and it no longer matters to me who the President is. In my humble opinion, our country hasn't had a truly decent President since Kennedy, all of them after Kennedy were either liars or totally corrupt. Our whole political system is messed up, politicians have their own agenda and it's not helping the working middle class American.

@TheMiddleWay I don't deny the situation with our politics is dire. In the end, I don't think we the people will do as much damage as the politicians could. Citizens can complain about Election fraud and the need to do something about it, but it's ultimately those in positions of power and authority that will make the choices for society that will either make changes for the best or worst. Alot of unknowns for the future of American politics.

@TheMiddleWay I understand your concern, and the distrust sown is something that could affect our country for many years to come. American politics are already seriously divided as is. Who knows, maybe things will reach a point where the citizens decide to tear it all down so to speak and start over? Identity politics are fueling the division, each side thinks they are the ones in the right and the other side is wrong, with no conceivable end in sight to such division.

@TheMiddleWay I sure wouldn't mind a tear-down of political procedures, but not sure I'd be for re-writing the Constitution. Who exactly would be tasked in doing so, and would they be fair to all citizens across the board? While not perfect or ideal, the Constitution enforces rights most of us enjoy and tampering with it in particular the Bill of Rights could come with consequences. There might be a better way(s) of solving that problem that wouldn't involve altering the Bill of Rights.

Indeed, far too many Americans have become complacent and distracted by their "comforts".

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:150656
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.