slug.com slug.com

3 1

What is your personal metric to conclude that Biden won?
What is your personal metric to conclude that Trump won?

TheMiddleWay 8 Nov 10

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pretty much the same, given the cluster fu@k of it all...the certified results from each jurisdiction, the votes of the legislatures where results might be demonstrated through the courts impossible to certify, the vote of the electoral college that those results impanel (hopefully) or the the House and the Senate results if it come to that.

I'll conclude the winner once it's reported by the legislative branch of the general government.

@TheMiddleWay
There was no acceptance of Trump, for four years, but his win demonstrated that the polls, the media, and the Democrats are never again to be trusted.

It's the same metric. When the Elections Division of the DOJ concludes that all legitimate votes have been counted, and that no illegitimate votes have been counted... to the best of their ability; then whomever has the most Electoral votes "wins" this phase of the election; the phase where we pretend that we have anything to do with it.
But, that don't make you president.
The actual election will be 14 December, when the Electors choose the next President.

Electors usually just "go along" with the official vote in their respective states... but their entire purpose is to vote their own judgment, having heard the "voice of the people"; a few states won't let them go against the grain, but that intervention goes against the entire purpose of the Electoral College.
One or two "faithless Electors" is a common occurance. In 2016 there were 10, and three additional ones that were shot down by their respective States.
And this particular election is one of strong opinions. If Biden wins the pretend-phase, the reasons to vote against him anyway are numerous and profound. And, if you ask a Trump-hater they would say the same about Trump; though it will all just be horseshit about Russia, white supremacy, mean Tweets, or some such nonsense...

@TheMiddleWay It has to be from an eligible voter... who hasn't voted already, to be legitimate. That's about it.
I'm not sure what the Law says about the deadline, but I think the States have significant authority to make their own rules, especially under the guise of emergency plague measures.
Also, I think most States go by the postmark anyway, rather than the date of receipt.
But mail-in votes have been a legitimate thing for as long as I can remember.
However, in my opinion... I don't think anybody should be voting by mail unless they are physically stuck outside their home precinct. The absentee votes should be the only mail-in votes (normally... but this year was under "plague rules".)
Mail-in votes are said to be much easier to defraud, especially in large numbers, so minimizing them is not unreasonable. If you can't be bothered to go to the polls... then don't vote; your choice.

I'm probably not the right guy to ask about his opinion though... because I don't believe in the universal "right to vote" in the first place. I've got a diatribe on here somewhere all about that.

My Personal metric is common sense.. he didn’t win PA, GA, or AZ. There is no mathematical way he could. No one wants his dumb ass, only the hardcore brainwashed Democrats. Most people have Jobs and they know what’s going on. They don’t want Job killer Joe.

@TheMiddleWay The Votes because a Person of Joes intellect can’t beat Trump. No one believes it was a fair Election.. even Democrats.

@TheMiddleWay Every Democrat that endorsed Trump. I know Democrats who voted Trump. I also know a lot of first time voters.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:149215
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.