slug.com slug.com

5 0

Can Man Live with No Religion?

So I know Christian churches are slowly dying off. Will those people find something else? Will they live godless?

FrozenSoul 7 Oct 29

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks for the rhetoric

Religion is what?
Organised belief?
Man can believe and not be part of an organisation.

Organized is part of how the magic works.

@govols Belief is an individual thing, no 2 people share exactly the same belief. There is always some difference somewhere.

I think some individuals do fine, but others make a religion out of something else that oughn't be held so.

Far too many who leave religion and become agnostic atheists embrace the regressive leftist ideology as a substitute. Humanism would be a better choice.
[humanists.international]

Humanism seems almost worse to me. I just don't think the cosmopolitan humanist world view corresponds with the reality of the human animal.

@govols

I have reluctantly come the same conclusion. That doesn't mean that we can't be speciescentric.

@wolfhnd, it's a bitter pill, indeed.

People need values, morals, community and ideals ; religion seems to be the best way to impart those beliefs especially when you are young and impressionable.

Having said that, experience and philosophy teach you so much as you get older and start to question religious dogma. So maybe we need a bit of both.

I don't think me for on a personal opinion, that I thought teaching a little bit of both to people that don't even know why they believe themselves would be rightfully a good thing, if it was up to me however, I think just about either one or the other really actually would work the same if it was meant only for just people it people I would think, what you said, maybe why I would think that it would be a good thing what you just said, maybe if it didn't just have to be that believing one or the other would be such so much more bad even if just not for believing the other thing too, then maybe then that's probably a good thing for people maybe then if to people for that do, but I wouldn't think so though, it makes more sense to think like this, is that, people naturally would be do believe anything and in whatever more that they will be to be believing in right, see, that's why that I wouldn't have to agree with you or I mean that I wouldn't think that's a good idea for both at least, but because why again, totally, think about it, people believe in anything or whatever that they ever want to believe in anyway, you would imagine that even if I had think thought so about right what you just said that I and I would think that's right too thinking so too, but I wouldn't still, still I wouldn't, maybe I do think that literally for most people, that for most people they could stand little more for learning some discipline through new philosophy and experience can be teaching to them if that's to those people something to be if learned by those people, people are impressionable, but it's not because they are young and will believe just anything, it's not even that a the lack in being able to believe new experience or philosophy, what makes people believe anything they want to, is the fact that it's true people do believe anything they want to, they just do believe in whatever anything more to them to be believed in, you can't just change that if even or you're changing yourself too, if it wasn't a good thing for people to learn through new experience and philosophy everyday if they didn't already, then, I don't know what it would be that it would be to make you think then that right is why that it is right for people who don't would ever believe then that it would be a such a good thing for them if they didn't already happen to be believing in it already due to the fact that they are people and to be can be people that can believe in anything they want to even if they don't just think it's going to be a good for them either.

Now then you would say if people questioned the religious dogma, no this would not be something that I would ever be agreeing with, it's just common to see here it's just the truth, people need what you're saying above, morals, values, yes people do need those things, that I would have to agree with that right there too, so, like for the thing before, that I've said, I've said, it was, that it's not something that you can ever just be able to change, this goes for this truth right here too as a matter of fact, you can't just change the fact of it being that people need these things whether you thought simply that although it would be such a better or excuse me what I meant to say was what to be believed to be a good thing right and that it right then it would be such a better thing than to what believing to not, to be not to questioning the religious dogma as people do that humans do anyways, and why, because people believe in anything, it's like feeding fish in an aquarium, they eat this shit out of your hand people I mean and yeah person.

You think that I would agree with you, like right now. No, dude I'm not even touching that right there.

All that though, let me just say this, yeah I would agree with you on that too philosophy and people's experiences, oh yeah it could make a difference maybe, but, that's all only if just that I didn't just think that people need this even without believing as people do or that it could have been a good thing to because of religion or not, wasn't actually just too a better thing to people that don't happen to already believe it too, I would agree with you then, and, then only if that is true too that, that then if it wasn't just for the fact I think that for that matter if it wasn't just for the fact that people really do just that believe whatever anything that they want to, then, it might even be, that I would have to agree with you then.

You don't get it, people do believe anything that they want, that's why that I can't agree or think that I would with you, and that's what the problem it is for me too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:144914
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.