slug.com slug.com

1 1

Ted Cruz says Twitter blocking the NY Post article is "election interference".

How is a private company choosing what it wants to run on it's platform "election interference"?

I didn't see Russian trolls or bots during the 2016 cycle as "election interference", I don't see why this should be either.

Section 230 says Twitter can't publish any content of their own but it doesn't forbid moderation of the content others put on it's platform in any way shape or fashion it wants.

It could absolutely ban Trump as a user for any reason whatsoever and it would not be illegal nor interference [1].

Twitter is not obligated to run every article it's users put up. If this is a sign of Twitter bias, then so be it; again, Section 230 doesn't say anything about Twitter or Facebook having to be impartial about the content it allows from it's users, merely that they can't themselves publish any content of their own.

My suggestion?
Stop relying on Twitter and Facebook.
Don't like the bias?
Don't support the source.

But people should stop being whiny little bitches about a free service that doesn't like what they say and doesn't let them say it.
Move on or shut up.
Better yet, create a Twitter or Facebook of your own where you can say what you want to say... free speech and free market totally allow that and it would be wonderfully healthy competition. After all, that is why a lot of us are here on this site, because we don't like the way Facebook moderates us.

Otherwise, they sound like whiny little entitled little child crying about not being allowed to say whatever you want to say. Waaa.... Waaaa.... Tough shit.

[1]

We may suspend or terminate your account or cease providing you with all or part of the Services at any time for any or no reason,"
[twitter.com]

TheMiddleWay 8 Oct 15

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

More will be revealed, election tampering is a serious charge!
BTW if a service is free, you’re the product!

@TheMiddleWay the argument is that, at that point they become lobbyists. I read the section and it’s certainly subject to interpretation, however we’re in an extremely contentious time and anything can happen.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:140716
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.