slug.com slug.com

4 7

POLL MEETING THE ENEMY A feminist comes to terms with the Men's Rights movement | Cassie Jaye | TEDxMarin - YouTube

Here’s a bit of my story:

I moved to New York in 2014 which as I’m sure you all know, is basically a lefty war zone. I was a complete lefty (Not SJW) at the time, even though I knew nothing about politics, I thought I would fit right in. At school, I was first introduced to a FEMINIST. Not what I thought feminism was but the blue hair, refusing to shave, nose ring wearing and emotionally unstable feminist. These were my friends. For the next few years I could never put a finger on it but I knew that my opinions and experiences as a woman just didn’t add up to theirs but I was too scared to admit it to myself and to them and I just assumed that there was something wrong with me. I also never understood why the struggle to be a woman in a middle eastern country or any 3rd world country such as my own (South Africa) were hardly ever mentioned. CUT TO: The 2016 Presidential election:

I realized that the overwhelmingly negative reaction with apparently EVERYONES ‘mental illness’ being affected and of course all the all tears... were ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. It was comedy at its finest. I hardly saw myself as a conservative or even a Trump supporter but I most certainly knew this was not the ideology for me. I have realized since then that there were probably a lot more people like me but I believe that most people suffer from what you would call ‘Trump shyness syndrome’ where we’re too scared to admit our real thoughts either because of shame, fear of being judged and because we would probably lose our friends if we were truthful. (Which I have)

This is just some parts of this epiphany I experienced over the past few years. I took the red pill and now can never go back.

Would love to hear your stories as well or even comments if you disagree with what I’ve said.

#feminism
#redpill
#mgtow
#bluepill
#politics
#freespeech

How do I Red Pill my friends? 💊

• 3 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 1 vote
  • 2 votes
  • 0 votes
KanjaG 7 Oct 13

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That was an excellent speech by Cassie Jaye, and it certainly makes me interested in seeing the documentary, which I admit I hadn't heard of before, at least not that I recall. Thanks for sharing it, as well as some of your own story, which sounds like it might have some similarities with Cassie's story, although it doesn't sound like you were ever the sort of rabid feminist that she had apparently been.

As for how to approach your friends, perhaps a mix of suggestions from the first, third, and fourth options you've listed would be in order. It's a shame that you have already lost some friends over the issue, and, sadly, it is likely that you will lose more. I just hope that you've been making even more and better new friends since then, the kinds of friends that will not leave you just because you have a particular political or ideological difference of opinion.

Hello. I support the meritocratic approach - there are equal opportunities to succeed in life for everyone who has talent and works hard. This simple principle can solve not all but many problems, I think, without even mentioning gender.

I would add that loosing a friend or family member over politics is silly. There is much more to life than politics.

Years ago It used to be much easier to debate the opposing side. We all grew up taking the same civics and history classes. While philosophies may have differed, the gap between the understanding of facts was fairly narrow. Today however with the enormous amount of mis-truths taught in schools and then pounded out daily by the MSM that gap is immense. With no understanding of The Constitution, of history, of what it means to be a patriot, it is very hard to find a close base of understanding on which to begin a productive conversation. What I do find is that my positions are well known to those around me. Many times I have had people come to me and ask questions. I am more than happy to have those discussions. I no longer seek them out though. Too many brick walls out there.

Cassie is Awesome.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:140031
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.